Famous

The Princess' wish

“So how’s the race Krys?” Jessica asked me while we’re in the car. I was just staring outside with my mind flying to nowhere that her voice startled me.

“It’s… It’s fine, breathtaking actually” I answered shortly.

“So… Who’s breathtaking anyway? The race or… Amber?”

“Unnie!” I looked at her with eyebrows crossed.

“Just joking” she grinned and placed her attention back to the road.

We remained silent until we got home, maybe because we’re tired from jamming into a huge volume of people going out the stadium just to take one last look at the racers. I went straight to my room and threw my things at the bed. Taking up my laptop, I instantly searched for Amber in the internet and a number of news regarding her popped out.

17 years old Amber Liu won her third Championship in the Junior Grand prix”

I saw a picture of her kissing a golden trophy wearing his racing suit. Beside it was a picture of her drift just like the one I saw earlier. I continued to browse the net, but the hair on the back of my neck seemed to rise when I felt a breath beneath my ears.

“So… you really don’t like racing huh?” she said in a naughty tone.

“I… um… I’m just curious that’s all!” I hurriedly closed my laptop and went out of the room.

I went straight to the kitchen and took a cold glass of water when Jessica suddenly followed and tickled me; we bumped in the counter laughing.

“Stop it, Unnie!” I said.

“Come on Soojungie, You really like her huh?” Her tone turned serious.

“I don’t have a crush on her unnie, It’s just that she’s a cool person. That’s all.”

“Well, if that’s what you say. Just remember that when you need something I’m always here.”

I gave out a smile and went back to my room.

 

Amber’s POV

“Hey Champ! Wake up” my brother’s voice echoed in my room while he jumped at my bed to wake me up. I’m still in the edge of my dreams and it’s awful to have someone disturb me like that.

“Why?” I asked him while rubbing my eyes.

“Woah! You didn’t remember? It’s your first day in class buddy.”

“…” my eyes widened as I grabbed my towel and went straight to the bathroom

“I’ll be going ahead of you! I’ll be taking Sica with me” He said before I closed the door.

I was in a hurry preparing myself for It was just 30 minutes before the start of my first class. I grabbed Princess’ keys and drove off. I was listening to Rum pum pum pum by f(x) while tapping the steering wheel to the beat of the music when I noticed a group of girls surrounding another girl. I think they’re bullying her I pulled off and approached the group. I saw a teenage girl probably same age with mine with orange spatters on her uniform.

“Leave her!” I grabbed the girl’s arms and pulled her to me. I heard her sob and her cries made my heart melt.

“Oh no wait she’s…” One of the girls covered in amazement. They bowed and bowed then left.

I turned to the girl and fixed her hair as I look into her eyes.

“Are you okay?” I asked her. She hid her face and ran away, I tried to follow her but she was fast.

 

Krystal’s POV

“I’m late.” I was running to catch the 7 am class badly. I was just meters away when I saw students piled up infront of the school gate.

“What’s happening?” I asked one girl who was tiptoeing to see the driveway.

“It’s Amber, She’s entering the school as a new student” She said with her eyes sparkling with joy.

I was so shocked that I wasn’t able to respond immediately until I heard the screams of the students. I saw her car slowly entering the gate with students trailing beside, she parked the car beside the tree and the swarm of students rushed to her when she stepped out. I was brought in front because of the jamming of the people with each other until I noticed I was already in front of her.

“Hey you’re here!” I heard her said as she grabbed my arm and walked. She dragged me and I felt the eyes of the people were on us.

“Who’s with Amber?” I heard two girls asked.

She continued to drag me until we reached room 107 she locked the door. Removing her cap while scratching her head, she gave a sigh.

“What did you just do?” Finally I was able to speak.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t expect they would react that way, I saw you and since I know you I dragged you to have company”

“Well, it’s okay but their attention was on us.” I sat on the chair in front of her, feeling a little problematic like her.

“You should just go on home classes” I added while resting my head on my palm.

“I already though of that, but it was my brother who forced me to go to school to socialize and have friends other than cars” she answered with a smile.

God that smile, I hate it when she smiles for I couldn’t help myself to smile back. There’s something with her smile and I hate it.

“What’s your section anyway?” she asked.

“I’m in 1-3”

“Hey! That’s great. We’re Classmates!” Her eyes widened as she took my hand.

I didn’t see myself in this situation where one day a well-known person will hand me roumang and then the next day we’re classmates and now she’s holding my hands.