Tears

The Princess' wish

CHAPTER 17

JESSICA’S POV

The moment I received a text message from Krystal telling me that Amber is in a serious condition, I just wanted to fly and go to the hospital immediately but the traffic makes my agony longer. Yuri kept on massaging my hands to make me calm even though I know that she too can’t wait on her seat any longer.

“How long will it take for us to arrive at the hospital?” Yuri asked the driver who was busy moving his head to the car’s music.

“About 30 minutes to 1 hour if this traffic continues.”

“What if we just walk to it?”

“About 30 minutes.”

Yuri looked at me and I already know what she’s thinking, I nodded at her and we both left leaving the bill to the driver.

We brisked walk along the pathway, avoiding anything that blocks our away, I was having a hard time coping up with Yuri’s speed. I know she is very worried about Amber, when we transferred to their place she already considered Amber as her little brother and bestfriend. They always play arcade, basketball and they always share their problems with each other especially if it concerns me and Krystal.

“Wait, Yul. I’m Tired.” I stopped by the bench panting.

“Get on my back” She moved to me and offered a lift.

“What? We’re in a public place.”

“So what?”

I looked at her and decided to ride on her back, I heard her laugh before going ahead.

“Why are you laughing?” I asked her while she was walking, her speed decreased and started to breathing deeper.

“Because the last time I carried you, you weren’t this heavy.” She chuckled as I spanked her softly in her head.

“How will I not get heavy if you always let me eat a heavy meal when we’re together?”

“I just wanted you to be healthy that’s all, you just overdid it.”

I pinched her arms while giggling, at least we could temporarily forget what is happening at that moment.

   I saw Krystal talking to the Doctor when we arrived, together with her was Donghae and Taeyon.

“What happened?” I immediately checked on my sister whose face was red because of crying non- stop.

“unnie!” She embraced me and bursted into tears when she saw me. I looked questioningly at Donghae who was making himself appear strong.

“Am lost control of the steering wheel and crashed into the wall. Her coach said that she tried on drifting at a sharp curve when it happened. Though they were investigating it because everyone knows how skilled Amber is in drifting.”

“How is she now?”

“She’s… she’s in a critical condition, her head although she has helmet her head has been damaged, she has some body parts broken and she has a deep wound on her right thigh.” I saw donghae shed a tear but quickly wiped it off.

“I need to talk to some people” He excused himself and left.

We stayed outside the operating room for another hour. Krystal already calmed down and was just sitting on the corner looking at the floor. Yul was walking to and fro with her arms crossed while me and Taeyon were praying deep within us for Amber’s safety.

We saw 5 men and 4 girls approaching us, they introduced themselves as Henry, Kris, Minho, Minhyuk and Taemin while the four girls were Ailee, Min, Suzy and Jackie.

“We belong in Amber’s Team while they are her co-racers.” Ailee told us after introducing themselves.

“Is Amber stable now?” Kris, the tallest of them asked.

“She’s still in the operating room.” I answered him.

“Everyone of us witnessed what happened and we can’t believe that she’ll crash in that kind of drift. Amber’s an experienced racer and I also know her style so it’s very impossible.” Henry said angrily.

“So there’s a foul play?” I asked them with an eyebrow raised.

“The police are investigating it now. I hope we find answers to our questions because Amber’s car is totally wrecked. We’re just lucky that the car has safety air bags and her helmet was a first class one because if it not, I just don’t know.” Suzy started to cry while narrating to us, Ailee comforted her and they both sat on the bench.

We waited for another hour until the doctor finally came out of the operating room.

“How is she Doc?” Krystal hurriedly rushed to him.

“She’s safe but still needs to be admitted into the ICU, the next 24 hours is critical but when she surpasses that we can say she has a high percentage of surviving. She has a head trauma, 4 broken ribs, and broken knees and ankles. Her head injury may affect her in a way that one of her body parts might be paralyzed for a period of time or may cause amnesia. Let’s all just hope for her betterment.” He bowed and left us.

Krystal broke back into tears while Ailee and min tried their best to comfort her, I saw Donghae talking to the doctor and the other boys left to buy food and drinks for everybody.

We saw Amber on her bed with bandages, cast and neck support all over her body. The nurses were taking her to the ICU room and we were advised to wear sanitized clothes before going in and only 2 persons at a time were allowed to enter.

Donghae told us not to follow them first until the doctor said so, we all waited patiently and the news already started broadcasting about the incident.

KRYSTAL’S POV

I don’t know how to react when I saw Amber in the operating room, she has blood all over her. The doctor prevented me from going further when we arrived in the operating room. Donghae has blood on his shirt also after going with them in the Ambulance.

“I was visiting her when it happened.” Donghae said while staring from the operating room’s window. I was already crying then but I wanted to stay strong for Amber.

“You saw everything?”

“Yes, I’ve been with Amber ever since she started driving, I know her style and skills that I can’t believe she’ll loose control of her car in that kind of situation. She’s a very experienced driver Krys.”

I stared at him and I noticed he was starting to cry, Donghae was always the one who appears strong to Amber because he’s her pillar, when their parents died, Donghae was the one who supported her. He was Amber’s strength so I understood why he wouldn’t want to cry.

My knees were still shaking when I heard Jessica unnie’s voice, she was with Yuri and Taeyon also just arrived. When Jessica asked how I was that was the time I felt I couldn’t hide it any longer, I bursted into tears while she tried her best to comfort me, I felt it was the end, I felt the whole world crashed into me.

I just wanted Amber to be safe, to live and smile at me again, but seeing her in that situation when she was brought out of the operating room killed me, I know she was suffering.

 

================================================================================

P/S so how's the chapter guys? please comment your feedbacks. Thank you!