Your Friend

The Princess' wish

CHAPTER 18

AILEE’S POV

I stayed beside Amber the whole day hoping that sooner she’ll wake up, The doctor already confirmed that she’s already stable but it will relieve everyone if she’ll just open her eyes. Krystal will be coming over after school, while Jessica, Taeyon and Yuri will come after their work and Donghae and Amber’s co- racer is together with the police helping with the investigation.

I was staring at Amber the whole time, the casts and bandages covered her body. I saw everything that happened, I saw everything in my own eyes.

FLASHBACK

“Good Morning Ber” I greeted her when I saw her coming, with a big smile on her face.

“Morning Ai” She messed my hair and smiled.

“What’s up? You seem so happy today?”

“Because… because my car’s is shiny and clean?” She laughed while pointing her fingers to her car whom I spent an hour wiping.

“Of course, no one can ever clean your car the way that I do.”

“Thanks Ailee, I really don’t know how to win a race without you” She said that somehow made my face turn red. She wore her helmet and hopped into her princess.

“5 more minutes and you’re ready to go” she gave a thumbs up sign and started the engines.

I looked at the computer to ensure tht everything’s okay and when the buzzer rang, her car roared. She successfully passed the first lap maintaining her required speed and is now approaching the second lap when my monitor went black.

“What?” I asked myself while trying to restart the system. When nothing happened, I went upstairs to ask for Mr. Kim and the operator’s help.

“My system downstairs went black” I told them hurriedly but they were surprised.”

“We also lost our contact with Amber here”

“That’s Impossible, we double-checked everything” I was starting to get worried because those were the systems used to monitor Amber’s engines and tires.

“Where’s Amber now?” Mr. Kim asked worriedly.

“Going for the third lap sir.” One of the staffs answered which made us go outside to watch her approach the sharp curve, she was supposed to pass it by using her usual drift that she was known for. But for some reason I felt very nervous about it that I grabbed Min’s arm close to me.

We saw her car increasing in speed, she was now perpendicular with the gutter. Surprisingly, she was not able to get back on track but slid sideways crashing the gutter first before flipping twice and slammed into the wall.

My knees weakened and I almost fell after that, I saw a number of people spraying fire extinguishers on her smoking car and a team of medics who hurriedly go to the scene to save her. I saw Donghae ran to them crying and all of us followed.

When I saw Amber covered in blood and unconscious when she was got out of the car, I already felt like my world was crushed knowing that her dream was taken away from her, Our dream. We were just five when we became friends and both of us promised to each other that we will get the World Racing championships together but now everything vanished.

  • END OF FLASHBACK –

I was still on my day dreaming mode when I heard knocks coming from the door, when I opened it I saw Eunjung standing outside with a basket of fruits in her hands.

“Come in” I said to her and lead her to the couch.

“How’s she?” She said, her voice was so weary and tired.

“She’s stable now, we’re just waiting for her to wake up.”

“I see, I’ll just leave this here.”

“Wait, Eunjung” I stopped her when she was about to stand and leave. Eunjung has been my friend ever since they became a couple. I have the grudge for her when she left Amber but during these times I know I must forget them.

“What is it?”

“Why did you follow her here?”

“I followed Amber to correct my wrong decisions in the past, I should have not did it.” Eunjung started to cry after she finished her sentence. I know Eunjung really loved her and I envy her.

“I know you also like Amber, I mean no girl would not like her especially when she’s close to Amber right?” My eyes widened with what she said. Deep in me I know I really love Amber but I chose to hide those feelings and be with her only as a friend.

“She’s lucky to have those who love her, I know she’ll survive because of you guys.” With that, Eunjung left.

I sat down and looked back at her and held her hands, praying she’ll be fine and one day I’ll see her smiling back at me again.

 

P/S I am really sorry for a short and fail chapter. I had a hard time in connecting the ideas on my mind. :(( I hope you'll still read my fanfic... Thanks :)