Amber's Flashback

The Princess' wish

CHAPTER 14

AMBER’S POV

“Amber!! You’ll be late for the photo-shoot if you do not hurry!” I heard Donghae’s loud voice calling out for my name downstairs. I am scheduled for a photo – shoot in the upcoming LA Racing Tournament Cup. This is my Debut race as a professional racer and it seems like Donghae is more excited than I am.

I inserted the last button of my polo and hurried down the stairs where I saw him in an all-black suit. I just thought that he’s into this photo – shoot than I am.

“What’s with the attire bro?” I crossed my arms on my chest.

“Let it go bro, There are so many girls out there, I just thought I must look more handsome than you.” He placed his hands on his waist and looked at me proudly. Donghae is my playful brother who became my strength and my pillar after our parents died. He is my number one fan.

“Whatever, let’s just go.” I messed his hair and ran to the car.

“Let me drive for you” He offered as he hopped in the driver’s seat.

“What can I do? You’re already there.” I opened the passenger’s door and made myself comfortable inside.

Two guards dressed in coat and tie welcomed us in the lobby. Amazingly, Donghae’s right, there sure are many women in the plenary hall. I saw him flashing sweet and naughty smiles to them that some giggled at him.

“Ms. Amber Liu? I am Mr. Kim your manager.” A middle aged man approached us and reached a hand for a shake.

“Yes I am and this is my brother Donghae.” I accepted the shake and he lead us to the other room.

We saw two men and a girl sitting on the couch, Mr.Kim approached and whispered something to them.

“Amber, this is Ham Eunjung. She will be with you in your photoshoot.” She smiled at me.

“Hey bro, she is beautiful.” Donghae whispered to my ears.

I looked at him as an answer and we were left to get to know each other.

“Hey so you’re debuting as a professional racer.” Eunjung broke the silence between us.

“Yeah, next week is my first race.” I smiled at her when she sat next to me.

We talked with each other for an hour or so until we were called for the photo shoot. We finished the event in 2 hours and the directors called it a day.

“Where are you heading?” I asked her when we were at the basement.

“I live at L street. You?”

“Wow I live at the street next to you. Is it okay if I drive you home?”

“Sure” she smiled and I offered a hand when we were going down the stairs. I lead her to the passenger’s seat while Donghae transferred to the back seat.

“I’m Donghae It’s nice to meet you.” He smiled naughtily.

“You two really look like each other perfectly.”

“Of course, Amber is the little me. But I think she’s more handsome than me.”  Both of them chuckled while rolled my eyes while driving.

“You know Amber is a sweet type. She hasn’t have a girlfriend ever since and I know she’s lonely.” He continued while frowning and teasing me.

“Don’t you have any business hyung?” I asked irritably for he does not stop talking. I felt awkward for I could see Eunjung smiling at me.

Donghae laughed and changed the topic, he keeps on talking about me until we dropped Eunjung at her house. Days passed and we became closer, we became jogging buddies to eating buddies and time came we almost did everything together. That’s when I first felt the feeling of being in love.

Eunjung has been with me in the entire tournament I’ve participated, cheering me up and meeting my friends.

“I want to give us a chance Amber” She said to me while she touched my face with her hands.

“Really?!” I was so happy at that moment, I am courting her for almost 6months now and she finally said her yes to me.

She smiled sweetly as I carried her bridal style, she looked at me and I moved in a circular manner without taking my eyes off her. I brought her down and we walked holding each other’s hands.

We were the sweetest couple for 2 years, supporting and cheering for one another in our solo activities. Eunjung never left my side, she was always there and has been a big supporter of me.

================================================================================

“So the two of you are really sure about this?” Mr. Ham asked me, we were turning 2 years next month and we are courageously speaking and asking for the approval of her parents. Mr. and Mrs. Ham just arrived from Korea after the news regarding me and Eunjung spread in the media. We were at their house then with Eunjung holding my hands.

“Yes sir, I really love your daughter and I promise to take care and cherish her.” I glued my eyes on his to prove my sincerity. Mr. Ham is a strict but a loving father to Eunjung so I understand his concern on our love.

“Then quit being a racer.” He replied to me in a straight and strict voice. I was finding the words to say to him for what he wants was totally a surprise.

“Every race you take is like putting your life in a risk a numerous times. One mistake and you might possibly die, I don’t want my daughter to suffer just because you died in a racing accident.” He continued.

I love Eunjung and I want her to be with me even if it means quitting to be a racer and just focus on her and her family, but thinking what Donghae and my parents sacrificed for me to be able to have my own racing car and enroll me to racing class I felt I wanted to tear myself into two.

“Think about it Amber.”

Those were the last words I heard of him, Eunjung and I left the house peacefully with his words and wants still on my mind.

“Please don’t think of my Dad, He’s just overprotective of me” Eunjung said as she walked me out of their house.

“No, I love you and if that means I need to quit then I’ll quit.” I looked at her straight in her eyes and all of a sudden she placed her lips on mine.

 

================================================================================               

Model and actress Ham Eunjung recently announced her engagement with actor Choi Siwon

The news of her engagement broke my heart into pieces, after we spoke to her dad, Eunjung slowly lessened her contact with me, she always says that she was busy and when I visit her in their house their maids keep on telling me she’s out. 

Until one day, I received a text message from her saying that she wants to be free and she has someone new in her life.

“What did I do Eunjung?” I asked her when she gave in to my request for a talk. Tears started flowing from my eyes when I realized she was serious in her decision.

“You did not do anything Amber, It’s my fault. I was vulnerable and I didn’t realize I already fell inlove with him.” That moment I already felt my world breaking apart, I did not think this will happen, I never expected this.

“I’m sorry Amber, I really am.” She left the ring I gave her on the table and left.

================================================================================P/S I'm sorry guys for this chapter... I don't think it's good. but please continue to read this. I promise to have a better chapter in my next update. Thank you for subscribing and reading my fic. :D