The Fire

The Princess' wish

Hello guys! Please comment about what you think of the story :) Thank you for subscribing :D

 

CHAPTER 5

JESSICA’S POV

“Krystal’s with Amber today, she will be with her till I don’t know when. Why is my little sister so lucky?”

I spoke with myself while checking the papers handed over to me by my boss it’s just 10minutes before the end or working hours and still I have work to do when I get home.

“Jess, the files for Amber Liu just came.” Yuri, my friend peeped into my cubicle and handed me a folder.

I tried investigating about Amber when Soojung started meeting her every 6 am. I just wanted to make sure Amber’s clean even before my sister falls hard for her. Good thing Yuri’s dad is a friend of a private investigator.

I took the file and started scanning it, She is a year older than my sister but she stopped one year in school to give way to a major event in racing which earned her the fame she’s experiencing right now. She is an orphan and currently living with his brother Donghae. Damn, they really look like each other in the pictures. I turned to the next page and found out she only had one girlfriend and has no records of unlikeable behavior. I’m satisfied, She’s clean.

I placed the folder in my drawer and decided to call it a day, I’ll be cooking for our dinner later and I need to go buy what we need. I stopped by at Yuri’s desk and left her with a sticky note before leaving her with a smile.

I’ve been with Yuri ever since I started working with my Dad in this company, She’s hardworking, quiet and serious about her job that’s why I always want her beside me. Oh well, what am I thinking I need to go now.

I was on aisle 4 picking up noodles and spaghetti pasta when I noticed a black wallet on the floor. Picking it up, I inspected inside and I saw an international Driver’s license with the name Donghae Liu. This maybe Amber’s brother for he really look like her, I was about to call the number at the back of his license when I received a text message from our neighbor in the apartment we’re staying at.

Hurry, The building’s on fire” I felt my knees weakened with what I have just read. I left the pushcart and ran to get a cab.

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

Classes ended earlier than what was supposed to be, I took out the toast given to me by Amber and silently ate while waiting for Amber to finish signing the notebooks of her fan girls. I do not know why but this tastes better than the other toasts I ate.

Amber tapped my shoulders and looked down at me, I smiled at her and stood.

“I’m sorry If I keep you waiting.” She said as she took my bag and carried her. I tried to take it from her but she refused. Again, she wrapped she arms on my shoulders and walked out. If this continues to happen the whole university will label us as couples. I was just looking at the floor when I felt my phone vibrate; I know someone was calling so I reached out to get it from my pocket.

“What? Okay wait for me” I said worriedly that also alarmed Amber.

“What happened?” She asked me, her face so worried.

“Our apartments on fire” I answered with tears started to flow out from my eyes.

Hearing this, she suddenly carried me on her arms which surprised me as well as the students.

“Why are you carrying me?” I asked her while she was running towards the exit.

“So you won’t trip or fall while running”

“I can handle myself Amber.”

She did not respond to me instead, she continued to run to get to her motorcycle fast. She put me down and gave me one of the helmets. She started the motorcycle as I hopped in.

“You cling to me tight okay? I’ll be driving fast” I followed her and rested my head on her back, I never felt so secured with anyone until she came. I did not mind her turns and the way she drives, I was more worried with my sister and our house. Jessica saved for it for a long time and for it to just go to waste is heart breaking.

I saw a crowd of people looking at the collapsing building while the firemen tried their best to stop fire. I saw unnie crying on the side of the streets.

“Unnie” I called to her. She saw and hugged me while crying. I patted her back to make her calm.

“Our home’s gone” She said while wiping the tears from her face.

“Is everyone alright?” amber came and stood behind me, reassuring that I was safe and so is my sister.

Seeing Amber, Jessica bursted back into tears I thought she’ll hug me again so I extended my arms but she turned to Amber instead. Amber looked at me and then to her confusingly before she hugged back to comfort her.

“I’m Jessica, Krystal’s sister.” She introduced herself while sobbing.

“I’m Amber”

In one hour, the firemen called it fire out. Not a single thing was left and everything was burned into ashes. It was reported that it started from a gas leak which turned into a explosion from one of the tenants on the lower floor.

I honestly don’t know where to start, all my things were turned into ashes as well as my sisters’. Our savings was there, clothes, books…everything. Where shall we sleep? Eat? And study? I was in deep thoughts when Amber held my shoulders.

“You may stay in our house” I turned and saw her smiling with my sister still holding her shoulders.

“What?” me and Jessica chorused.

“Yeah, stay at our place for a while. You lost everything so maybe it’s better if you stay at our place while you recover.”

“Thanks!” Jessica said as she looked at me sweetly. Why haven’t I noticed earlier that she has the attraction for Amber.