Flashback

The Princess' wish

Chapter 3

Krystal’s POV

It was a Monday evening and I am busy preparing my things for tomorrow when I heard my phone beeped. I grabbed it and saw a message coming from Amber.

“See you tomorrow at the park around 6am J “

“Sure, see you”

I placed my phone on the side and looked at my things; I was just with Amber a while ago.

 

  • FLASHBACK   -

“Would you mind if I ask you out?” Amber said while she was still holding my hands.

I was dumbfounded with what she said, is she asking me out for a date?

“I… I am not really sure about this.” I answered back looking down to keep myself from turning red.

“No! I mean... I’m not actually asking you out for a date, I was asking if it’s okay if we just skip our class, I did not expect they know me here.” I looked at her and I saw her smiling again.

“Uh… oh I see. Well…it’s okay for me. They don’t usually hold classes on the first day anyway.” I forced a smile because I still can’t hold of that smile.

“Then that’s great! Do you know any hidden exits in this school? I am planning to get out of here for a while.”

“Where are we going?”

“We’re going for a roadtrip.”

Is this real? Am I really going out with her and be riding her car? I want to slap my face hard to prove that I’m not dreaming. I admit that I really don’t like racing at first but the time I met her I really find her cool. I wasn’t turning into fan girl am I?

“Hey?” I was startled when I saw her face inches from me. I did not notice I was staring blankly until I saw her.

“Y-yeah! Follow me.” I stood and went for the door, looking right and left to make sure no one’s around. We sneaked through the nearest fire exit. This is one of the 5 hidden fire exits that only few students know. This is for emergency purposes to give way to more students aside from the known fire exits in the campus.

“What’s your name anyway?” She asked me while we were walking down the stairs.

“I’m Jung Soo Jung. They call me Krystal.” I answered without looking back. I know she’s smiling and I want to focus and not to trip down the stairs.

“I’m Amber Liu”

“Of course I know you”

“How’s Jack the Owl?”

“Who’s Jack the Owl?” I turned to her and that was a big mistake. She’s wearing black shades and the hood of her jacket was on her head. I immediately looked back to where I am heading to avoid more of her cuteness.

“The one you fell back at the racing tournament remember?”

“Ah! That’s Roumang a toy given to me by my friend in Korea”

“I have the same owl, but that was given to me by my mother”

 Finally we arrived at the open grounds. There were no students at that time, Maybe they’re waiting for Amber inside.

Amber’s POV

This is a big school, surely Dong – hyung chose the best school for me. Open grounds, football field, running field, swimming pool and a beautiful girl with me. I think she’s shy, I always see her avoiding to look at me but to be honest, she’s really pretty.

“This way to your car” I saw her turn to me and our eyes locked. Why was I staring at her, I can’t move my eyes away. She walked past me and I’m still frozen in my feet.

“You’re not going?” I heard her yell which brought me back to my senses.

“Wait!” I ran towards her and I heard her giggle.

A little more walk and I saw her ran to my car and look at the inside. She seemed so amused that she walked around it.

“You like it?” I asked her as I clicked my keys to unlock the car.

“I haven’t seen this up close.”

“Let’s go for a ride” I opened the passenger’s seat and lead her inside.

I started the car and before I stepped on the accelerator I took a glance at her, she was holding her skirt so tight. Maybe she was expecting I would drive the car so fast.

“Hey, don’t be nervous. I won’t let this fly” I said and chuckled.

I stepped on the gas and we drove away from the school. Opening the roof we felt the cool air hitting us, I decided to pass by the mountain trails to the beach. I saw her enjoying the view for she raised her hands in the air.

“Could you drift again?” She asked me when she saw a curve meters away from us.

“Sure” I increased my speed to be able to drift smoothly.

“Hold on” Stepping on the accelerator and clutch, we passed the curve in a swift.

I saw her jaw dropped and I find her cute in doing so. Minutes later we arrived at the beach. Krystal jumped off and run to the seashore while I locked the car and followed her.

“I have never seen this place, how’d you know this?” She asked me while kicking the sand.

“I saw this when I was practicing for the tournament, It seems like only a few know this place.”

“You’re too well known, don’t you like it?”

“Well I’m thankful for their support and I love them but sometimes I have many things in mind that I want a Quiet place to stay.”

“You could not do that in school Amber”

“I know, that’s why I need your help”

“How?”

“Can we meet at some place around 6am and go to class together so there are not so much students in the campus?”

“Well, it’s okay but in one condition.”

“What is it?”

“You’re going to treat me my lunch everyday” She said with a sweet smile on her face.

“Sure” We exchanged our numbers and sat.

  • END OF FLASHBACK   -

AMBER’S POV

It was a great day today, going to the beach and visiting different food stalls with Krystal is a blast. I didn’t thought she’s in for street foods and random food. She’s very outgoing and I find it so cool.

“You’re smiling alone kiddo” I heard my brother’s voice in the room.

“I just remembered something.”

“I heard you did not go to class today?”

“Yeah, I did not expect they know me there”

“Of course they will know you, you’re in the newspapers buddy” Throwing a broadsheet I saw my picture with the trophy I won days ago.

“So how will you deal with this tomorrow?”

“I’m meeting with Krystal tomorrow at 6”

“So… who’s Krystal?” He gave out a teasing tone.

“My friend, she agreed to help me”

“ehh, be careful buddy, remember.” I smirked at him and pushed him out of my room. I closed the door and lied down. Another day’s coming up.