The Tournament

The Princess' wish

Amber in his Racing form

Krystal’s POV

“Unnie, I don’t wanna go” I cuddled beside my sister Jessica while doing my aegyo. She wants me to come with her to a racing tournament which is definitely not my type.

“Just this once Krys, I Promise.”  She looked back at me and smiled, I know I could not refuse so I grabbed my bag and followed her as she walked out of our room and went straight to  her car. She started the engine and we drove to the venue.

In less than 15 minutes, we finally arrived. There were already a number of fans entering the Stadium holding flaglets of drivers of their choice. While we were walking towards the entrance, I saw a large picture of one of the participants. He wore a black leathered jacket with silver linings on the side, his smile was so captivating that I stood still for a while until my sister called me.

“You like her?” Jessica whispered beside me.

“Her?” I asked in confirmation.

“She’s Amber Josephine Liu, a promising racer from Los Angeles. It’s said that she’s likely to get the championship this season.” I saw my sister smiled sweetly while describing Amber to me; I felt the urge to see her race in the track she kinda raised my curiosity.

Jessica grabbed my arm and we joined in the swarm of people watching the race. I saw a good spot near the stage; Jessica hurriedly sat in the floor just to be close to the participants as they were introduced one by one by the MC.

“23 years old from Korea, Choi Minho” a tall guy with eyes got up the stage. A huge number of girls started screaming for his attention.

He’s not in any way attractive” I said to myself. The MC Continued calling names like Kris, Yesung, Taemin and others until her name was called.

“Last but not the least, the youngest ace racer, Amber Liu” I felt the ground shook because of the continuous jumping and screaming of the fans. There she goes in her black leather jacket and pants with silver lining on the side, same with his helmet. She gave a wave and a smile to the audience and the shaking increased.

oh these fan girls” I whispered to myself as I got to my phone and started choosing a song to play, this is getting boring for me for I really don’t want racing.

“Excuse me, is this yours?” A cold voice spoke beside me, I turned and saw my stuff toy named Owl Roumang held by someone and when I looked up I saw Amber smiling at me. God! Her smile crawled into me I was stunned for a quite a while until I noticed the eyes of the audience looking at us. I hurriedly grabbed the owl and hung my head down in shyness as I whispered my thanks.

“I have the same owl in my house” she said before leaving as she waved back to the audience.

“You’re one hell of a lucky girl” Jessica exclaimed. I turned my eyes away from her and back to my phone. I can’t help but to blush as I remember her smile but knowing her standing, I shrugged those thoughts off. After a few minutes we heard the revving of the cars I stood close to my sister for her to hear me.

“Where is Amber’s car?” I spoke into her ear.

“That black car with silver linings.. not too much obvious huh?” Jessica winked at me.

“The National Racing championships is about to start” I heard the announcer said as the people started to stand up to get a better view of the upcoming battle.

A gunshot was heard and roaring engines started to pull out from their respective stations. I saw amber’s car second to the last but slowly overtaking those infront of her. Damn, she’s really fast in a minute she’s third, next to a white sports car. A sharp curve is meters away and I can’t help but to grab my sister’s arm in nervousness. To my surprise, Amber went to the farthest lane and swept the curve smoothly. I gave a sigh of relief and looked at the monitor, she’s second in place in place now and it’s on the last lap.

They’re back on the straight roads, Amber moving left and right trying to overtake the leading car but it sped up and their distance increased. Amber followed and the sound of engines echoed as they approach the curve again. The audience was quiet, anticipating the upcoming end of the race. Amber drifted and the breaks screeched, she was now perpendicular with the gutter and in light’s speed she successfully sped up and overtook the leading car.

“And Liu takes first place!” The announcer exclaimed.

The audience screamed in victory as they threw their towels rejoicing, there was jumping, feet stomping and clapping when Amber was announced winner. I smiled and looked at my sister who by then was jumping in joy.

“And for the first place in the First leg of the National Racing Championship, give a hand to Ms. Amber Liu!” The MC stood up on stage holding a golden trophy as she announced the winner.

Amber followed still wearing her helmet; she paused and slowly took her helmet off while shaking her head to fix her hair. As usual, the fan girls screamed. She claimed the trophy and raised it into the air while thanking her family, friends and fans.

“I would like to thank my father, trainers, coaches, friends, family and fans who never stop supporting me, this is all for you. And oh, special thanks to Donghae!” She said before giving her last wave.

 

Amber's Princess

Amber’s POV

Today’s the day; I’m in for claiming my ticket to the world racing championships by winning the first leg of the National Championships. I cleaned my helmet and kissed Jack the Owl, my favorite owl stuff toy given to me by my late mom when I was just 7. He was my lucky charm, or my motivation to achieve my dreams with my mom even though she died when I was just twelve. I took a last look at my room and went straight ahead to my Princess, A black Bugatti Veyron super sport racing car, the one we saved for with my late Dad. Oh yeah I’m an orphan, Donghae was the only relative I have at this moment, He was my number 1 fan.

“Amber!” I heard him call from the gate.

“Hyung?” I opened the gate and he came rushing to hug me and pat my head.

“Win this race okay?” He locked my head in his arms with his fist scratching my hair.

“Of course I will!” I said choking.

“Give me a ride to the stadium in your fastest speed kiddo!” He released me and went straight to the passenger’s seat. I shook my head and hopped in.

We drove to the racer’s gate of the stadium, I saw fans coming in and I felt more excited than ever. Team Liu met us and drove the car in its station, they performed their last engine check as me and my brother went to the stage.

The MC started calling out the participants; Minho, Yesung, Taemin, Kris, DO, Henry  and my number one rival, Minhyuk. Well we’re just rivals on the tracks but on a daily basis, he’s one of my bestfriends. He bumped his fist into mine and we exchanged smiles and goodlucks.

“Last but not the least, the youngest ace racer, Amber Liu” Finally, my name’s called. I hugged my brother and went upstage; I was able to see again my fans cheering for me, their black and silver banners in the air that represents me. I smiled and waved at them, they’re one of the reasons I want to win, I want them to be happy.

I was about to go down the stage when I noticed owl stuff toy that looks exactly with Jack, it fell from a girl wearing sleeveless, jeans and shades. She’s holding her phone and by the looks of it, she seems to be texting. I immediately went down and took the owl and because of the noise in the stadium, I shouted for her to hear me.

She turned to me and God! She was so beautiful! She took her owl carefully and smiled at me, I know she’s shy but she managed to say thanks. Before I lose my focus, I smiled at her and left.

Victoria, My lady trainer gave me the keys to my car. She said her good luck and patted my shoulders. Now’s the time!

I hopped in and started the engines, I pressed the accelerator for a few times to warm up the engines.

“Let’s do this Princess!” I kissed the steering wheel and placed my seat belt.

I stepped on the accelerator when I heard the gun shot. I’ll win this. For the first two laps I placed fifth, I saw an opening and on the second to the last lap, I managed to be second.

“Eh, Minhyuk really is an expert huh?” I said to myself as I find my way to pass through him.

It’s now the last lap and I need to overtake him, I sped up planning to drift at the curve. Well, that’s one of my favorite moves, drifting.

Finally! I managed to win as I successfully drifted and ran past him with our cars almost touching each other, it’s a risky thing to do but well, it pays off.

I got off the car at the station where my friends welcomed me, we were jumping in joy and screaming. The producers approached me and asked me to go to the stage to receive my trophy I went with him and the MC called my name. Getting up the stage, I got hold of the trophy! My first national trophy!

I said thanks to everyone before going down to my friends we had a series of high fives until I remember the girl earlier, I searched for her but the crowd was blocking my view. I hope I could see her again, the girl with shades.