Chasing You - Jessica & Yuri

The Princess' wish

CHAPTER 9

JESSICA’S POV

“I love you Jessica Jung” I saw myself bewildered by what the girl in my arms said, she was covered in blood from being hit by a car to save me.

“Hang on Yuri, you’ll be fine.” I was touching her face and tears started to fall from my eyes. She was grasping my arms while breathing heavily.

“Jess” She was calling my name over and over again as she moved her head left to right while groaning in pain.

“Shh… help is coming.” I was trying to make myself strong and not to breakdown but seeing her in this manner make it harder. Time and time her grip was loosening and her breathing pattern went faster. My heart pounded in nervousness until the ambulance’s siren was heard.

“Please.. Do everything for her. Save her please.” I keep on telling the Medic who was carrying one side of the stretcher.

“Yes Ma’am. We’ll do everything that we can.” They assisted me inside the van and hurried to the hospital.

I was holding her hand to make her feel that I’m here while the medics were putting oxygen masks on her for her breathing. They ran towards the emergency room the moment they took Yuri out from the Ambulance. I was beside her until I was forced to let go of her hand when the ER’s door was closed.

I do not know what to do, I walked back and forth to gather up my thoughts and to maintain composure but I can’t. I dialed Krystal’s number on my phone and within two rings she answered.

“Unnie, Why did you call?” She asked from the other line.

“Please go to South Medical Hospital… Yuri’s here.”

“Okay okay wait for me unnie.” Krystal’s voice trembled as she hung up.

In just a few minutes I saw Krystal and Amber running towards me, Krystal hugged me and in that instant I bursted into tears.

“What happened unnie?” she asked me while she wiped my tears from my face.

“Yuri s-saved me. We were walking in the streets when a drunk driver lost its control and was about to hit us. Yuri pushed me so I’ll be saved, she was able to move away but…”

I was not able to finish when the doctor went out from the operating room. She removed her mask and gloves and spoke.

“We tried our best but she lost a lot of blood. I’m sorry.”

I felt my knees weaken and I grabbed something to hold to, it seemed like my world was torn apart until I saw them brought her body out. I removed the white linen above her and saw her face covered with blood. There was blood everywhere, Blood.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Yuri!” I screamed hard for her name breathing heavily.

“Hey Jess you don’t have to shout, I’m here.” I saw her in front of the mirror while buttoning her blouse. It was just dream… It was just…

I ran to her and hugged her from behind, my tears were flowing from my eyes because of Happiness, it was just a dream. Yuri is alive, she’s not dead.

“What happened Jess? Why are you crying?” she faced me and wiped my tears with her hands, her eyes speaking to me.

“Nothing… It was just a dream, A bad dream. But I’m okay now.” I smiled at her and caressed her cheeks.

“Well that was a pretty bad dream, why don’t we just go out since it’s our day off today.” She smiled and brought me closer to her. Our faces were just inches away from each other.

“Sure! Wait for me while I dress myself.”I joyfully leaped to the closet and chose the best dress I have. This day is for me and Yuri.

I came out wearing blue, knee-lengthed dress. I saw Yuri stared at me for a while before complimenting me.

“You look great… more than great… you look…”

“Thanks” I cut her off before she could say the word that will definitely turn my face red.

“Good Morning Yuri unnie, Jessica unnie.” Krystal came scratching her eyes.

“Good morning Krys. We’ll just go outside, we’ll be back later.” I kissed her head and went out with Yuri.

We went to Seasons Mall and decided to watch a movie, it was a horror movie which I suggested to Yuri. There were only a few people watching inside the cinema I dragged her upstairs where we own the entire row.

“This place is so cold.” I mumbled regretting the fact that I chose to wear thin clothes.

Yuri must have heard me because she removed her jacket and wrapped it on me. I smelled her scent and moved it closer to me. I actually could not understand anything from the movie, I was so comfortable leaning on Yuri’s shoulders and holding her arms.

“Jess you’re acting weird.” She playfully told me.

“It’s just… I dreamt that you’re taken away from me.”

“Taken by whom?” She adjusted her position so that she’s facing right in front of me.

“By a mad driver.” Remembering that dream, I couldn’t help but to cry.

She moved closer to have me in her arms, I gladly accepted it and buried my face in her.

“You were hit by a car, you were dead in front of me… I can’t live without you, I just can’t – “ I felt something pressed on my lips so soft and full of love. Yuri smiled at me when we opened our eyes.

“We’ve been playing around all these years Jess.  We have been chasing each other for a long time. We've been chasing each other through office works, boss problems and fire. Chasing you has been the smartest thing I've ever done in my life and being chased by you has been my greatest joy. But now, we don't have to chase each other because we caught each other.” Yuri said to me that tickled my rejoicing heart.

“What do you mean?”

“I like you ever since I met you Jess, I just don’t want to ruin the friendship we built.”

I was dumbfounded, astonished, amazed… I could not explain what I was feeling that moment. She was there all the time and I was so blind not to see that the one I needed was just beside me. With all those men I’ve dealt with, I cried for and suffered for, it was just her who would complete the missing piece of the puzzle in my soul.

“I Love you Kwon Yuri. It took years before I recognize these feelings for you. I thought it was just a sisterly affection but now I know what it is. I’m sorry for making you chase me, for hurting you unknowingly. But now please, let me catch you.”

 

P/S So how's the chapter guys? please tell me your feedbacks. 

Thank you for the positive comments and subscriptions guys.

I am planning to make a seperate story for this chapter all about Yuri and Jessica but it will take time for I don't know how to collect the thoughts and write them as one so If you're interested for a joint story just leave me a message. Two brains are better than one lol