Confrontation

The Princess' wish

CHAPTER 16

KRYSTAL’S POV

“Hey Krys! Where’s Amber?” I heard Luna’s voice behind me. Today is the second day of school with Eunjung around.

“She’s called for the training, today is the start of her rigid training for the 2nd leg of the National Championships.”

“So she’ll be absent for a couple of days huh?”

“Maybe, she’s doing her make up classes at home so it’s definitely not a big deal, and knowing that she’s a genius so…” I smiled at her confidently while we walked along the hallway. There were a bunch of students looking at me some even rolled their eyes.

“So here’s the flirt.” I heard that familiar voice coming from the comfort room. Luna and I both turned around and saw three girls standing, one of them is Eunjung with her arms crossed on her chest.

“Where’s Ber?” she approached us with one of her eyebrows raised.

“She’s on a training.” I looked back at her maintaining a straight and fearless stare. Eunjung immediately gained the fear of the students the moment she entered school, some look up to her and some tries their very best not to experience her anger.  

“I never thought Amber replaced me with someone like you.” She looked at me from head to toe.

“you’re not rich, famous or even just someone who knows every single thing about her.” She continued and turned her back on me.

“Even I’m not like you, I love Amber more than you do.” I said to her even before she could take a couple of steps away from us. She did not respond and continued walking, Luna grabbed my hand and we both went to our rooms.

“So krys, when is Amber’s next race?” Sulli asked me while they were gathered around my desk and looking at the magazine I bought with Amber’s picture on it.

“3 weeks from now” I said to them with a proud smile.

“This minho here is cute.” We heard sulli whisper while scanning Minho’s section of the page.

“You want me to introduce you to him?” I naughtily asked while the other tickled her on her sides.

“Is there anything wrong in appreciating someone’s looks?” Sulli had her face red with all of our teasing. She covered her face with the magazine.

“Look she’s even kissing his picture!” Luna exclaimed that made us laughed. Sulli gave me the magazine glared at Luna.

“The freaks are annoying.” Again we heard Eunjung’s voice but now she even bumped my chair.

“What’s your problem?” I stood and approached her. I have enough, Amber’s mine now so she needs to stop.

“What’s my problem? My problem is you, you do not deserve her”

“Deserve her? How about you do you think you deserve her? Yes, you were there in her first race and championships, you are her first love but you just dumped her because of someone else and now you’re coming back all of a sudden, do you really think you deserve her? Absolutely not.”

I heard a slow clapping from our classmates after I talked. Sulli massaged my shoulders while Luna and Victoria booed Eunjung who just rolled her eyes and sat to her chair. Our teacher arrived in time and we went to our own seats.

It was now midday and I am feeling very uneasy, I want to call Amber and ask how she was but our teacher keep on talking and talking, I just want her lessons to end so we all could have a break and I could call Amber immediately. Time passes and my nervousness increases, I started tapping my fingers on the table and when the bell rang, I rushed outside to make the call.

I dialed her number and waited for someone to answer, three rings…four…five… until the operator spoke. I tried again for about five times but still no one answered.

“What’s the problem Krys?” Luna and the others approached me worriedly.

“I tried calling Amber but she doesn’t pick up the phone.”

“Maybe she’s driving, don’t worry Krys she’s fine.”

“I really hope so”

Lunch break passed and classes resumed, it will take another 3 hours before dismissal and I just couldn’t wait to go and visit her. I want to know that she’s safe.

An hour later, our teacher excused herself for a phone call. Her face was gloomy and worried when she came back with her hands trembling while supporting herself to be able to sit.

“Can I talk to Krystal Jung?” Her voice also trembles while she spoke. I don’t know why but I felt my heart beating so fast in every step I make towards her.

“Let’s go talk outside.” She held my hand and lead me into the hallway.

“There is something I want to tell you…” her eyes cannot look straight at me and I could see fear on her face.

“What is it ma’am?”

“I know you’re close with Amber Ms. Jung right?”

“Yes ma’am, why is there something wrong?” the beating of my heart doubled, sweat started forming all over my body.

“I’m sorry to say this but, Amber was caught in an accident this morning.”

“What!?” I felt my knees weakened, my body lost its energy and I think my soul just went out of it, I bursted into tears while sitting on the floor. I knew something’s wrong that’s why I badly wanted to call her.

“Where the hospital?” I forced myself to stand. I need to go to her, I need to see Amber.

“East Doctor’s Hospital.” I bowed low infront of her and ran towards the exit.  For many times I almost trip and fall but it did not matter, I need to get to that hospital the fastest way that I can.

I called a cab and asked the driver to triple its speed to the hospital, I was praying so hard that Amber would be safe. That she’ll live.

 

P/S How's the story so far? Is it okay? Boring? Kindly give me your comment for me to adjust or make it better. Thank you guys! :D