Page Seven

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After an incredibly long day of work and Amber crashed onto the ground to gaze at the shifting clouds. She lied comfortably upon the grass that danced in the wind. Her hands cushioned her head and neck as she admired the evening sky. The sky was filled with a warm orangey sunset colour that Amber immediately became attracted to.

“Nice eh?” Kris smiled, walking in and sat next to her relaxed body. Amber tilted her head to look up to him then returned to gaze at the clouds.

“Yeah. You know it’s not everyday that you get the chance to sit back and appreciate what nature can provide.” she told him.  Looking up at the clouds, Kris nodded in agreement. Suddenly, an idea came to his mind and he snapped his head in Amber’s direction.

“Come on. I want to show you something.” Kris smiled.

Amber raised an eyebrow at him. “Now?”

“Yes now! Come on! Get up!” Kris shot up from where he sat and turned to Amber impatiently.

“Okay! Okay!” Amber surrendered, lazily getting up from her comfortable position. Kris offered his hand to her and she gladly accepted. Hoisting herself up, Kris and Amber made their way through the vast farm and to the edge of the ocean. Amber’s eyes lit up and her jaw dropped to the scenery.

“WOW!” she yelled in amazement, “It’s so pretty here!”

“Yeah. This is mostly my territory here because no one else bothers to come this far to enjoy the sunset.” Kris smiled. Amber averted her gaze back to the ocean, mesmerized. The sun was setting behind the horizon, turning the skies into various of colours. The water glistened with the howling wind and the ocean greeted them with welcoming waves. The clouds moved majestically through the sky, giving the scenery it’s soft touch. To Amber, this beautiful sight cannot be expressed by just words. It was an experience. Something you had to see and feel for yourself. To Kris, it was the most memorable part of his memory. I reminded him of the happiest moments of his childhood . The happiest moments with his mother when she was still alive - before she lost her battle to cancer.

“Omma! Omma!” he cried. He was wrenching onto the white sheet that her mother laid under upon the hospital bed, refusing to let go even just a minute of the last moments that he would ever have with her. He cried and cried until he had no more tears to shed, repeatedly shouting for her mother’s life again.

“Omma! Please don’t leave Kris alone!” But the room filled with nothing other than the sound of his sobs and the slow beeping as her breaths died off at a steady pace.

“Omma!” Kris shook his mother frantically, wishing that this was all just a bad dream. “Omma! This isn’t funny anymore! Please! No more jokes! Omma! Please…!” His throat felt scratched up, as if someone repeatedly took thin needles and glided it hard against his throat walls. He shouted until he had nothing left but a manageable whisper.

“Omma… I beg you… Saranghaeyo… Please come back to Kris…” That’s when he felt his mother gently grip onto Kris’s hand. It wasn’t much for she used the last of her breath to do so, but it was enough to give Kris some reassurance that his mother had heard him and is now left with no choice but to leave him.

But it only took a couple of seconds for her muscles to relax once again. But this time, it was forever.

“Omma……”

Kris will never forget that soft touch that his mother had left him with when he was 10. But that part his memory also had it’s downfalls.

“Appa! Where are you going?!” Kris shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter