Page Twenty

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taking out a pack of gauze, Luna carefully squeezed ointment over Chen’s treated wound and placed the gauze gently over it. Taking out a roll of the rolled gauze, she wrapped and secured the bandage in place, all without saying a word.

The boys around them had their own wounds treated by other men and nurses while the severely injured, including Amber, were being inspected by the doctor. Victoria was busy with her own duties, leaving Luna the only person available to treat the wounds for she knew first aid.

Chen opened his mouth, wanting to say something to loosen the tense atmosphere between them but closed it again because he didn’t know what to say. Shutting the first aid kit, Luna got up to leave but was halted when Chen grabbed her wrist. Startled, Luna turned around to face him but her expression was sad yet her heart raced to his touch.

“Y-yes?” she stuttered. Chen opened his mouth to say something yet again, nothing came out. Closing it again, he let his arm drop and looked away.

“If you have nothing to say then I’m going to leave ok?” Luna told him. She may say that but deep down inside, she knew she missed him. She wanted him to talk to her but she didn’t want to make the first move because she knew how Victoria would react if she saw. Waiting a couple more awkward seconds, Luna turned around once again to leave.

“W-wait!” Chen finally called. Luna turned around once again but this time, with a bored expression because she knew that even if she turned, he will continue to say nothing but just sit there awkwardly. Waiting for a few moments, Luna crossed her arms impatiently.

“If you’re going to continue to sit there and say nothing yet continue to tell me to wait, I’m going to leave for good. I have other things to do besides stand here, waiting for words that you’re not going to say.” Luna huffed. She knew she sounded harsh but she started to feel anxious and nervous.

Chen looked down at the ground feeling like a coward. He missed her and there was so much that he wanted to say, that he wanted to tell her but he didn’t know where to start. Especially now that Luna is giving him a bored expression, he felt even more intimidated. After a couple of deep breaths, he finally spoke,

“H-how are you?” Luna widened her eyes, surprised that he finally said something but then she softened her expression to a kind smile.

“Still feeling a little terrified from earlier, but thank you.” she replied.

Chen let out a small chuckle, “You never change do you? As honest as ever.”

Luna gave a little chuckle herself. “But you have. I don’t remember kim Jong-dae as quiet as you are.” They both shared a laugh, shyly turning away from each other with a small smirk to themselves. Chen looked up first to admire Luna’s face that he once again recognized.

“I missed you, Luna.” he smiled. Luna looked up in surprise and returned the smile.

“I missed you too.” she replied softly.

“Woah, woah, woah.” Victoria intercepted all of a sudden. Luna and Chen felt their faces reddened with embarrassment.

“I knew it!” Lay shouted, jumping in and startling the two once more.

“Knew what?” Xiumin asked, scratching his head and walking over.

“Who is this? What were you doing? Where and when did it start? And why?” Victoria blurted.

“WHAT WHAT WHAT?” Krystal exclaimed as she rushed her way over.

“It appears that our perfect Luna Unnie turned out to not be so perfect after all.” Sulli smirked playfully, waltzing in.

“Answer please.” Victoria cleared , glaring at her two troublemakers.

“Father and I were out at sea ten summers ago and we got lost. We approached this very shore, landing harshly and that’s where I met Chen who hospitalized us while offering us wood to fix up our ship to go home. Then…” Luna blushed when she made it to the part where she and Chen fell in love.

“Oooooooo…!” they all cried in sync immaturely.

“Wait, since when? How come we’ve never seen you in person before?” Lay mentioned.

“Well, back then it was just the four of us, Kris, Lay, me and Halmoni. Kris and Lay went out to a few towns for a couple of weeks to get supplies and help out with delivery.” Chen answered quietly.

“Why did you leave our little Chen heart broken then?” Xiumin asked.

“Obviously, father noticed their ‘relationship’ and forbid it from happening for one was a farm boy and the other was a princess.” Victoria rolled her eyes and mentioned it as if that was common sense. Everyone averted their attention over to Luna and Chen who nodded awkwardly in response.

“Ohhhhh!” everyone else chimed in realization. Luna and Chen soon had frowns visible on their faces and noses pointed towards the ground as they realized that even if they did reunite, it wasn’t possible for them to continue on. Taking note of their sad faces, Victoria heaved a sigh.

“Well, I guess I can make an exception…” she mentioned casually with her eyes rolling around and her hands behind her back while Luna and Chen’s eyes lit up with hope.

“R-really?” Luna dared herself to clarify. Upon seeing Luna’s hopeful expression, Victoria couldn’t help but given in and laugh.

“Yes. If Amber found love with a man who almost wanted to kill her, I think letting my little sister together with a farm boy wouldn’t be too bad.” she giggled. “And seeing your reunion, I can tell that even after so much time has passed, you still love each other.” Luna immediately pounced on Victoria with a gleeful shriek. Laughing even harder now, Victoria accepted and embraced Luna.

“Thank you.” Chen smiled, placing his hand on Victoria’s shoulder. She nodded in response. Finally ending the hug, she held Luna and Chen’s hands into her own.

“I wish the two of you luck and happiness.” Victoria smiled wholeheartedly. Luna and Chen looked at each other and gripped each other’s hands tightly.

“You really have changed a lot, unnie.” Luna mentioned. Victoria widened her eyes for a moment but all she did was smile afterwards and nod.

~

Blinking her eyes open, the first thing she saw was a wooden ceiling.

“Amber!” two soft voices called next to her. Turning her head over to where the sound came from, her eyes met two faces.

“Who… are you?” she asked softly. Immediately, they turned to look at each other and then back at her.

“Did you hit your head or something?” one asked worriedly.

“What did you do?” the other asked.

“Nothing! Don’t blame me! Did you do something to make her get amnesia again?” he replied. Not bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter