Page Eleven

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early next morning, Key showed Kris and Amber how to carefully and properly shape a sharp point at the end of many sticks to create spears by using Kris’s knife. Each person wield 5 spears that was strapped to their backs with vines. Key was also able to carve 3 wooden swords as well. They were crooked, blunt and deformed but they are capable of making someone go unconscious and breaking a couple of limbs. Key also taught them proper hand signals when it comes time to be silent as well as a secret whistle signal if anything happened. Understanding what they’re supposed to do, they went back into the tunnel to face their enemy and perhaps save whatever’s left of the village.

In a couple of hours, they reached the other side where they had the tall wheat to their advantage. Key crept up to the first person and swiftly whacked one of the scouts unconscious with the blunt sword. Amber looked at him, terrified yet with light at the same time. Key glanced around to make sure it was safe before continuing on for his next victim. Then Key stopped in his tracks as he had an idea.

“We need to split up. Kris, you can go around so that you can distract the men when we get to the center village while Amber and I will get the villagers out of here swiftly and quietly.” Key whispered.

“Why do you get to go with Amber!?” Kris blurted softly. Amber’s head immediately snapped in his direction as her eyes widened in shock.

“Excuse me?” Amber asked. Kris’s face turned red when he realized as to what he just said.

“I- I mean, why do you get to save the villagers?” Kris replaced.

“I know the villagers and this whole village itself better than you ever will. They’ll listen to me faster than they’ll listen to you. And besides, you’re the one who was bragging about being able to run really fast last night. So I’m assigning you this job. Also, if Amber was to go with you, you two might end up separated and she might get lost, captured even. I can’t trust that.” Key smiled. Kris cursed himself for trying to show off in front of Amber that night.

“Fine.” Kris snarled.

Amber looked at Kris with comforting eyes. “It’s alright Kris.” she smiled, “I know you’ll be back soon safe and in one piece. I believe in you.” Amber placed her hand on his shoulder as an act of comfort. Immediately, Kris felt comforted and nodded with a smile. He felt victorious when Amber told him that she had faith in him. He felt like he had already won her heart. But Key didn’t think that way. He knew that if Amber was able to fall in love not once, but twice with him, he could make that miracle happen a third time. He believed in his own love towards her and he wasn’t going to give up.

After a while, Key gave a silent nod and they split up according to plan. Key and Amber went through a couple of alleys and finally found the held up villagers sitting quietly and afraid surrounded by numerous men in rags.

“Who are these creeps anyways.” Amber whispered.

“You may not remember but they’re pirates.” Key replied softly as he glanced back and forth between her and the hostages.

“Pirates?!” Amber exclaimed in shock.

“Yes.” Key responded, trying to hush her loud whisper.

“We’ve encountered pirates before?” Amber gave a shocked whisper.

“Yes and no. You noticed them on that ship with black sails back on that island where we were stranded. That’s when you found a passage to this village. According to you, after you left me, your sisters had them arrested in prison. Now the real question is, how’d they manage to get out?” Key mumbled.

“Sisters? I have sisters?” Amber asked. Key nodded, keeping an eye on the villagers and waiting for a sign of Kris. Suddenly, Sam, one of the hostages noticed him and both Key and Sam made eye contact. Sam smiled at him but Key just placed his finger over his lip. Immediately, Sam understood what was going on and sent a message around the hostages. Slowly, everyone got the message and were ready for Key to make the signal. From a distance, Kris was seen hiding behind a wall with a spear ready in hand. Key and Kris both locked eyes, understanding that they both see each other and are just waiting for the right moment. Key nodded to Kris, Kris nodded in understanding and he threw the spear at one of the pirates. He meant to hit the head but it landed into the pirate next to his target, in the leg.

“Close enough.” Kris shrugged, revealing himself to the light. Immediately, all eyes averted to Kris and a wild goose chase arised. most of the pirates left to chase after Kris while Key and Amber both took care of the remaining 10. Spear hear, unconscious there, the pirates fell one by one. Soon, all the pirates were either dead or unconscious and the villagers were free. But Key and Amber immediately placed their fingers over their lips, signalling them that they still had to stay quiet. Quickly and quietly, Amber and Key lead the villagers out of the village and up the mountain where the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter