Page Fifteen

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Welcome home your majesty. Welcome home your highness.” two lines on either side of the hall made up of maids and butlers bowed deeply as they greeted Victoria and Amber in synchronization. Key followed behind the two awkwardly as the ship’s crew followed closely behind. The crew was then escorted by a butler out of the main hall, Kris was in a wheelchair and was pushed elsewhere by the nurse that was taking care of him, followed by the rest of the servants leaving the hall to go back to their work. That left Victoria, Amber and Key alone in the hall. But that loneliness didn’t last long for a bunch of squealing girls came tripping down the stairs.

“Amber!” they cried.

“Sulli! Krystal! Luna!” Amber called back. The three ran up to her and warmly embraced her with a lot of jumping.

“I… can’t… breathe…” Amber managed.

“Sorry!” they replied, letting her breathe. But right after, the warm welcome was followed by many endless questions. Questions about her and Key, about how she was doing, most about her personal life and require a very long response.

“Girls,” Victoria announced, “Amber has just got back from a very very tiring trip. I think you should give her some space to settle down before you hit her with wave after waves of questions. Victoria eyed Amber very disappointingly when she emphasized the second “very” making Amber feel a little uncomfortable as if she had done something wrong. The three princesses immediately quiet down, said their last welcomes and went back to whatever they were doing moments ago before Amber walked in. The hall was once again silent and peaceful. Amber inhaled deeply then glanced around the palace. To think that she has lived here until two years ago had made Amber wonder how quickly a once comfortable home has now become a strange and unfamiliar place. She recognized everything from when she was very little but to actually walk around, the whole place gave her a very unfamiliar presence that she no longer felt comfortable in.

“Ah, Ms. Amber, welcome home mi’lady.” a butler bowed deeply.

“How do you do Mr. Choi.” Amber greeted.

“Fine thank you. And how are you Mr. Kibum?” Mr. Choi asked, turning his attention to Key.

“I’m fine as well. Thank you.” Key bowed.

“I assume you are here to visit?” Mr. Choi asked the both of them.

“Long story.” Victoria told him. “But yes, they will be staying for a little while until we get things cleared up. Including you Key.” Victoria eyed him. His eyes lit up in glee for he gets to stay and see his fiancee everyday.

“Understood. This way Mr. Kibum.” Mr. Choi gestured. Key nodded and followed Mr. Choi out of the room.

“C’mon. I’ll take you to your room.” Victoria offered not long after. Amber nodded and followed Victoria back to her own room.

Clicking open a door, Amber found herself back into a room that she finally felt familiar with. Her room.

“I made sure the servants took care of your room properly while you were gone.” Victoria told her. “Besides the bed sheets, your room is exactly the same way as how you left it two years ago.” Amber turned to her sister and witnessed a memorable smile creep onto her face.

“Vic…” Amber smiled. Not able to control anymore of her emotions, she embraced her sister warmly.

“Welcome home little si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter