Page Nine

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We need to go into town Kris!” Chen shouted.

“What’s up?” Kris asked.

“We’re out of sugar, almost out of salt and we need more vinegar!” Chen exclaimed.

“But town is so far from here!” Xiumin whined. Kris gave him a hopeless glare and sighed to his complaint.

“I don’t mind going to town.” Lay offered, finishing up his breakfast.

“Well, I only really need two people to go with me.” Kris sighed.

“I want to go!” Amber shouted.

“You sure?” Kris asked.

“Well, it’s a good chance for me to regain my memories. Besides, since I don’t have them anyways, I want to experience what the town feels like.” she looked as if she was in deep thought. Her expression was gentle yet confident, making it so that Kris could do was smile softly and nodded in agreement.

“Okay then, Lay, Amber and I will set off in an hour. We’ll be back by sundown. For the duration that we’ll be gone, I’ll put Tao in charge.” Kris ordered.

Then Xiumin got up rapidly out of his chair, “Yah! I’m the oldest here and Tao’s the youngest! Why can’t I be in charge?!”

“Look at your childish actions now. Do you think I’d let someone with absolutely no sense of responsibility to to be in charge for the day.” Kris told him in a blank tone. Xiumin immediately sank back into his chair in shame.

“Lay, Amber, go get ready, I’ll meet you outside in an hour.” Kris told them. They nodded and parted. Amber and Lay made their way to their rooms to get ready like Kris has asked. right before Amber turned to go into her room, Lay caught a hold of her wrist.

“Hey Amber, later on in town, I think it’s safer if you and I stuck together.” he smiled.

“Thanks but I think I would prefer to walk around on my own.” Amber rejected gently, brushing his grasp off her wrist.

“But you’ll be in an unfamiliar place. I don’t want you to get lost.” he persisted.

“Honestly Lay, I’m fine.” she smiled.

“Aww…” he pouted. Amber gave him one last glance before she entered her room and shut the door behind her.

“Playing hard to get. I see how it is.” Lay smirked, “Very interesting.”

~

“Is everybody ready?” Kris asked, slinging his satchel over his shoulder.

“Yep.” Amber smiled, shoving her hands into her pockets.

“Of course.” Lay grinned, placing his arm over Amber’s shoulders. Amber looked at him, gave him and smile and flicked his arm off.

“Eh Lay, keep a distance ‘kay?” Kris smiled. Lay scratched the back of his head, trying to think of another way to get close to Amber but clearly, right now wasn’t the best time.

Moments later, they set off into the deep forest and hiked around the mountain to get to the other side. They took breaks once in a while at nearby streams and designated resting areas.

Not long after, Amber noticed a straw-woven basket on the ground. Curious, she picked it up and examined it. Within, there were a shovel, a sift, and an odd plant that Amber seemed to recognize yet didn’t recognize.

“What’cha got there?” Kris asked, as he noticed that she had stopped to pick up something. He strolled over to her and peered into the bag. Amber continued to stare what was contained within that straw basket yet couldn’t quite point out what made her pick up the bag in the first place.

Looking around, Amber noticed that not far from the bag was the edge of a cliff that see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter