Page Eighteen

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Plowing through the field, Kris and his team of five took the route through the far left next to the mountain. Amber travelled centered to the left, near the hen houses and made her way over to the house from there. Lay took the path right-centered which is through the barn and Key took the far right next to the other mountain. Slowly, they made their way over to round them up. One by one, they carefully assassinated every pirate they came across in the path, hoping that they were able to sneak their way up there. Amber and her team of five made it there first and hid within the tall wheat field while they waited for the rest to catch up. One team after another, they readied their weapons, patiently waiting for the right moment to barge in for the ambush.

However, it wasn’t as easy as they thought it was.

Wu and his leftover crew was lounging inside the living room with everyone on their knees - hands tied behind their backs with ropes and eyes blindfolded with a black sash. Hyun-Jae was in the same condition as the boys, a sight that boiled Amber, Kris and Lay’s blood. They hated how a man can ever treat their own mother poorly. Gritting their teeth, they gave each other the ready signal and surrounded the house. Amber and Kris took the front door while Lay and Key secured the back.

Taking in a deep breath, Amber and Kris first kicked down the front door and barged in. Lay and Key heard the front door collapse and followed in soon after. One after another, the team fought off the pirates, many injured, some of their team died trying even, but they had the advantage in the end. It was soon down to 7:6, the captain alive with five other men of his crew standing in front of their hostages while Amber and the others were alive with Key, Kris and Lay and 3 other men.

“Give up Wu, you have nowhere else to go.” Key shouted. The captain replied with nothing. Instead, he tilted his head over to their direction, signalling his men to strike. Hesitantly, one of his men went for it but Kris just rolled up to him, ducked under the swing and stabbed the pirate straight through his gut.

“Useless. All of you.” Wu growled. While he wasn’t looking, Chen, who managed to untie his binds beforehand, pulled his blindfold off and kicked the captain right in the balls, sending him crashing to the ground. The leftover pirates turned around to find their captain crying in pain on the ground and charged over to attempt a kill. Chen received a cut to the right arm and a blow on the face but he managed to knock one of them unconscious. They shuffled around through the crowd, kicking and stepping on someone once in a while as the others grit their teeth trying to not cry in fear or scream in pain.

Quickly, the team split up, Lay and another man freed the boys while two went to go retrieve the queen and the other Amber, Kris and Key fought off the rest of the pirate crew. Amber turned around from her kill only to spot Wu getting up to his feet, grabbing his sword to kill Key while he was busy with another guy. She ran over to Key and took the slice for him while she punched Wu in the face, knocking him unconscious.

“Amber!” Key cried in shock. He quickly made it over to her side to see if she was okay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter