Page One

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His temperature was high and he was coughing like a laughing hyena as he laid in bed, unable to move. His face was pale and his eyes were heavy. Seeing Key like this worried Amber. She’s never seen him this sick before.

“I told you to put on an extra sweater yesterday! Look at what you’ve gotten yourself into this time!” Amber scolded, trying to put her worries off to the side.

“I’m sorry.” Key smiled weakly. He was barely able to form words. Heaving a sigh, Amber squeezed a fresh, cool towel out of the bucket next to her and placed it gently on his forehead.

“Out of all the times! Why do you decide to get sick now?!” Amber mumbled under her breath. Key listened as she ranted, slowly falling asleep. Shaking her head disapprovingly, Amber got up to head out and get Key some herbs from the doctor.

Walking down the streets, Amber waved hi and greeted everyone she saw in the street as they did the same. Her hands were shoved in her overalls as she strolled the streets with a cheery smile. But her heart wrenched for Key every moment that she knew he was in that state. At some point, she felt that it was her fault that he got that sick. She should’ve looked after him more than she did, for he was a child at heart and didn’t know better than a stubborn 8 year old. Staring at her boots as she walked, she bumped into someone and immediately looked up to apologize.

“S-sor-” but something stopped her because this man was no commoner. “Mr. Choi?!”

“It has been a while Ms. Amber.” he bowed deeply. Amber scratched her head and laughed at her former butler.

“You don’t have to call me that anymore.”

“Ah, but I still must pay my respects to a princess.” he smiled softly and sincerely.

“I’m no princess.” Amber denied.

“Royal blood runs through your veins Ms. Amber. You will always be a princess no matter how Her Majesty says you are.” Amber heaved a sigh and smiled. Although Mr. Choi is just saying that to comfort her, it’s true. No matter what Victoria said about her, royal blood did run through her veins. It’s not Victoria’s decision to say that they’re not related because they definitely were and nothing was going to change that fact.

“Thanks Mr. Choi.” Amber smiled after reflecting on what he has said. “How’d you know I was here?”

“I did not know. In fact, I just helped Her Majesty pick up a couple of herbs. This was the only place that had ginseng available.” he lifted up several yellow packets that were held together with twine, all filled with ginseng.

“How is she?” Amber asked, thinking longingly about her dear sister Victoria.

“She’s doing well. She had to stay up all night once in a while trying to keep the town running efficiently.” Mr. Choi reported.

“You have to help me take care of her Mr. Choi. Tell her to not overwork herself. And not just Victoria. Sulli, Krystal and Luna too.”

“I will make sure to do as you request. May I ask where Ms. Amber is headed to?” Mr. Choi asked.

“I was just off to the doctor’s myself. Key caught a cold and I was just about to pick up some medicine for him.” Amber told him casually.

“Ah. Mr. Kibum. I have heard from the villagers that the two of you are getting married. Is that correct?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter