Page Ten

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Amber, you have a fiance?” Kris asked in shock. He couldn’t believe his ears. He thought that Amber was single. Sad thing was, he had everything ready and planned by the beach tonight to confess to her. He even picked up a gift earlier for her while she wasn’t looking.

“I don’t know.” Amber sighed. She didn’t expect to find out that she had already been engaged before had. She eyed Kris, feeling her mind rush for she knew exactly how she felt about him.

Suddenly, a loud explosion was heard in nearby.

~

Key and Hana ran as fast as their legs could carry them. He couldn’t wait to reunite with his fiancee who’s name was the only thing that rang and repeated in his mind. He knew well that it would take time for her to warm up to him again due to her circumstances now but he was willing to try and he wasn’t about to give up so easily just yet. However, that’s when he heard a loud explosion coming from a distance.

“Don’t tell me…” Key panicked as he tried his best to run even faster. Running over the hill, he peered over to see the village. Looking to his left was where the land and water met and as well as a familiar figure that glided atop the waves that dimmed along with the night sky. Key’s eyes widened with terror. Even if it was only for a glimpse, he would never forget those black sails that guide the ship across the sea.

“What’s going on?” Hana huffed, finally catching up with Key. Without saying a word, he ran down the hill to the sound of another explosion.

~

Terrified screams, babies cries and gun shots were soon heard ringing throughout the village. Amber, Kris and Sam rushed out of the shop to help evacuate others out of the village. But as soon as Kris and Amber was about to split up, a mad man crept up behind him pointing a gun. Kris fell back in terror while Amber’s first reaction was to punch the guy first in the face then knee him in the guts, sending him crashing upon the ground.

“How are you doing that?” Kris asked her, looking up at her who is still in a fighting stance with her fists held up between her face and her chest.

“I- I have no idea.” Amber huffed. She unclenched her fists and gazed upon her palms in terror as if they were to be smeared with blood.

“No time to examine now. We have to get out of here. Meet me back at the shop.” Kris yelled. Amber looked at him and nodded. Running into separate directions, they tried their best to evacuate the village. Corpses soon covered the once cleanly paved ground while women were forced onto a ship, men were robbed then shot and children were abused and beaten.

Soon, the whole village was rounded up and surrounded. Amber and Kris were able to safely avoid it but they were forced to take cover. Looking for Kris and a safe spot to hide, a sudden pair of hands grabbed Amber by the mouth and she was suddenly hush. In terror, she was about to jab the mysterious man in the gut but the shuffling of running feet was suddenly heard as she froze to watch a bunch of men dressed in rags whizzed by.

When the coast was clear, she was immediately let go. Whipping around, she saw a man who looked about the same age as Kris. He looked exhausted and filthy with cuts here and there but judging by his clothes, he must have been one of the villagers who have manage to escape.

“It’s not safe here. Come. Follow me.” he whispered. Avoiding the men with ease, he lead Amber past a vast farm and into a hidden cave. The cave was the only thing that was seemingly safe for the other men were running up and around the whole village, scouting for more survivors. Peering outside, he made sure that the hiding area was safe before he leaned against the wall and relaxed. Amber sat there awkwardly next to him wondering who he was and was going on.

But instead, his next words startled her when he smiled and gave an official greeting, “I’ve missed you Amber.”

~

“Amber! Amber!” Kris whispered loudly. He had been weaving through alley after alley, avoiding the men dressed in rags, looking frantically for Amber. He weld a kitchen knife that he found within a house that was stripped clean of its wealth as protection. He was able to find Lay within all the chaos who was able to safely get out of the village to get some help.

Soon, the night grew dark and he realized that staying where he was, which happened to be within a vast field of wheat, wasn’t going to do him any good especially when those men are scouting around. He needed to find some shelter soon. Exhausted, Kris found a large stone and leaned back for a quick rest before he head out searching again.

Suddenly, soft chatter was heard from behind him and he quickly snapped around, wondering if there was those mad men lurking around them. With daring courage, Kris went on to see what laid on the other side. Slowly turning a rounded corner, he found an opening and started into the dark tunnel. Light was seen at the deep end and Kris decided to go up to it to see what was up. Approaching the light, he hid in a corner and peered over his shoulder with extreme caution.

~

Amber raised an eyebrow at him as he got up from his rest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter