Page Sixteen

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a lot of begging and pleading from the princesses the night before, Kris had been given permission to join the rest of them for breakfast the next morning. However, Kris felt very awkward for during the whole duration of the meal, he could feel constant pairs of eyes pinned onto him. He felt so uncomfortable that he didn’t dare to make eye contact with anyone but his food that sat on the fancy china plate. Amber sat on one side of him as Key sat next to her.

Amber leaned over to Kris a little bit and murmured, “Sorry about this.” He nodded awkwardly and continued his meal.

Not long after, Mr. Choi made his way into the dining hall and whispered to Victoria then Amber, reporting, “There is a guest in the castle who requests to see Ms. Amber and your majesty.”

Getting up and out of their seats, the two made their way into the main hall. They approached two guards holding a boy still, not allowing him to move an inch further into the castle.

“What’s going on?” Victoria asked.

“Your Majesty, this boy claims that he knows Ms. Amber and keeps asking us for help. We thought he was suspicious so we have held him in check.” the man on the left of the boy reported. The boy himself wore jean overalls and a striped red and white shirt but he was covered in dirt and sweat. His head was held low as his faint panting was audible. He was exhausted.

“Lift your head boy.” Victoria ordered. Doing as told, he slowly lifted his head and revealed himself.

“Lay! Oh my god! What happened to you? You look terrible!” Amber shouted. She rushed over to him and examined his face. He looked so torn, Amber’s heart sunk.

“Release the boy and return to your post. Thank you for your help men.” Victoria ordered. The men let Lay go, clicked their heels and returned to their posts.

“We need to get you cleaned up.” Amber told him worriedly.

“No time,” he breathed heavily, “Halmoni and our brothers are in danger.”

“Who?” Amber asked.

“Pirates has raided our farm.” Lay responded, still trying to calm his heart rate down. Widening her eyes, Victoria called for Mr. Choi and ordered for the crew to head back out to sea again.

“What’s going on?” Luna asked, making her way out of the dining hall. Following closely behind was everyone else whose curiosity had killed many cats.

“Lay!” Kris screeched. Rolling his wheels frantically, he made his way over to his brother.

“Kris! What happened to you?” Lay asked, slowly finding energy again. He widened at the sight of his brother sitting in a wheelchair. To know that his brother was injured pained him.

“Long story but ain’t gonna explain right now. How’d you find us here?” Kris asked.

“Well, when I successfully lead the villagers to safety on my way to get help, I turned around to go home to report. However, when I got back days later after the attack, I came home to find that pirates has raided our farm. So I went back to find the villagers to ask for the possibilities of where you guys could’ve been and they suggested me here.” he explained.

“Do you know how they are right now?” Kris asked frantically.

“Not clearly. I approached the house to see that Chen was being forced into the house with his hands tied behind his back, struggling against their brute force. Not thinking any further, I turned around to find you guys.” Lay continued.

Luna’s eyes widened, “Did you just say Chen?! As in Kim Jong-dae?!” The boys looked at her, their eyes full of confusion. Looking at each other then back at her, Kris and Lay nodded.

“I have to go too.” Luna demanded.

“What? Why?” Krystal asked.

“Luna, I will not allow you to go.” Victoria protested. “It’s too dangerous.”

“Well if it’s too dangerous then why are you going?” Luna shot.

Victoria jumped back to her sudden change in tone. “I’ve never heard you talk this way before. Why are you so keen on going?”

Luna bit her lower lip and took in a deep breath. “I’m worried about your and Amber’s safety. We lost Omma and Appa to the sea, I don’t want to lose you two either. And besides, I know the sea better than you do since Appa always took me out sailing most often while you stayed indoors studying and the other three were always out playing.” Luna argued.

Victoria let out a deep sigh. “Fine.” Luna closed her eyes and let out a deep breath of relief.

“I wanna go too!” Krystal shouted.

“Me too!” Sulli shouted as well.

“NO!” Victoria protested. “There’s no way that I’m going to let you two out at sea. Especially on such a dangerous mission like this.”

“But Luna Unnie is going! How come we can’t go?!” Sulli whined.

“Luna has a reason to come with us. She can help us a lot. You two only know how to play. I’m not going to let you two risk your lives out there. We’re dealing with real pirates here.” Victoria explained.

“Not fair! If Kris Oppa goes, I go!” Krystal complained. Kris glared at Krystal in terror and disgust. He was actually hoping that she didn’t come along for she was really clinging which really freaked him out and made him uncomfortable. If he were to choose, he’d choose to stay locked up in a prison cell than to have to deal with a girl who clung onto him like a magnet.

“No is no. I have made my decision. As the queen of Seongnam, I say that you are not allowed to come along and that is final.” Victoria ordered. “Mr. Choi, get us ready to leave in five hours.”

“Yes your majesty.” he bowed. The girls whined, turned around and went back to their rooms together. Victoria watched their backs as their heads were held low and they shuffled their way back.

She heaved a sigh and then turned to Key, Kris and Amber. “You all can pack up. I’ll have some men buy you boys a couple sets of clean clothes for you to bring onto the trip. Kris, I am allowing you to join us without needing to stay in prison only because the people who are in danger are your family. But keep in mind, any funny business and back in the cell you go.” she warned.

“Yes your majesty.” Kris dipped his head slightly as a sign of respect since he wasn’t really able to do a full bow. Victoria nodded and went upstairs to get herself ready alongside with Luna. Right after, Aber left for her room as Key and Kris were escorted out into town to get new clothing for the trip.

They set sailed exactly five hours later. Amber and Key leaned on the edge of the boat, staring out into the sea w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter