Page Four

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been one week. One week since Amber has gone missing. Key’s fever has finally gone down but that doesn’t change the fact that his fiancee has been gone missing for the past week. He’s been around town, asking everyone if they’ve seen Amber. His worries had brought him no food nor sleep. He couldn’t even sit still for a minute and think about where she has gone to. There were too many possibilities. Yet Amber wasn’t the type to leave the village without telling him first.

Frustrated, Key got up, left the house and tried asking people if they’ve seen Amber. But their answer would always be the same, no. He walked into Sam’s shop and tried there.

“Hey Sam.” Key greeted in a deep tone. Sam just got back from a long trip to the next village and was now busy with packaging medicine for his customers until Key’s state startled him.

“Wah! Key! You look terrible! What happened to you?!” Sam asked in terror. Key has at least 3 black bags under his eyes, he reeked of sweat and his skin was pale from the lack of food.

“Have you seen Amber lately?” Key asked weakly.

“When was the last time you took a shower?” Sam asked in return, plugging his nose to avoid Key’s nasty smell.

“4-5 days ago.” Key admitted.

“I have seen Amber last week but until you take a shower, and get some food in that stomach of yours, I’m not telling you anymore.” Sam sounded like he was blackmailing Key, which he was, but it was the only way to get Key looking even just a little better before he goes venturing off, looking for her. Key, in return, glared at Sam but immediately went home and did as he asked anyway. He was desperate to know what happened to his dear Amber and Sam was probably his only lead.

An hour later, Key went back to the shop looking fresh, clean and a little healthier simply by eating and taking a good shower.

“Now will you tell me?” Key asked in an annoyed tone.

“You sound healthier now too.” Sam smiled, examining Key.

“Stop changing the topic! Where is Amber?!” Key slammed his hands on the counter, startling Sam and immediately getting his attention.

“Calm down Key! I’ve been wondering the same thing too.” Sam put his hands up as if he was surrendering. Key raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms in disbelief.

“What do you mean ‘too’?” Key questioned.

“Well, a week ago when you were sick with a high fever, Amber came in looking for medicine that could help you recover a little faster. However, I ran out of ginseng and she begged me to tell her where to go look for some. I told her where to find and how to retrieve them and then she rushed off saying that she would be back for the rest of the ingredients. A thunderstorm started about 3 hours after I last saw her and she never came back.” Sam explained.

Key had Sam’s shoulders and shook him repeatedly, “Why didn’t you go with her?!” Something could’ve happened to her during that thunderstorm and that thought worried him a lot.

“I couldn’t! I was busy with a whole bunch of customers later on and I had to get ready to get out of town the next day!” Sam crossed his arms, “I can’t help everybody you know.” Key started to get unsettled. He was frustrated and scared. Where could she have gone? She could’ve been abducted and force to be a e for all he knew.

“Where did you send her?” Key asked moments later.

“To the mountains.” Sam pointed in the direction of the mountains that he sent her to. Like a dart, Key rushed home to pack up and leave for her. “What? No ‘thank you’?” Sam asked in frustration as he left. Sam heaved a sigh and shook his head in disappointment, “Lovers nowadays.”

Packing up a couple of necessities, not knowing of how long he may have to be gone for, Key set off to look for Amber.

~

“So you guys are farmers!” Amber exclaimed excitedly to know that her assumption was correct.

“Yep. We pretty much own this land.” Tao said happily. There property was large. There were acres and acres of corn, cucumber, wheat, stra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter