Page Nineteen

Ending Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Racing outside, Wu was visible limping through the fields, desperately heading towards his ship to escape with his own mother as hostage. However, he seemed to not be heading for his own dinghy but the ship from Seongnam instead. Everyone chased after him in terror, plowing through the fields, hoping to catch up with him. Thankfully, he was lagging because he had an old hostage as well as many injuries which made his escape not as smooth.

Everyone was finally able to catch up with him just when Wu was able to reach the ship. The ship crew noticed Wu’s approach and was already at the edge with their weapons out, warning him not to take a step onto the ship. Krystal and Sulli peered from their cabin window, praying that everything would turn out alright.

“Give up Wu. You have nowhere else to go.” Victoria told him.

“HA! I don’t take orders from you!” he laughed. He giggled and bursted his laughs, making it all seem as if he was crazy. His hair was a mess and he had bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep. Hyun-Jae had her wrinkled hands gripped tightly on the arm that wrapped around her neck. With his sword in the other pointed towards her face, she didn’t even make a sound but looked sadly at the ground.

“Let Halmoni go!” Kris ordered.

“You think I’d ever listen to my own son? I didn’t even listen to your godforsaken mother!” Wu blurted, laughing as if everything was a joke.

“Shut up, you !” Kris growled. Key held up his gun, aiming it at Wu’s head but he immediately defended himself with his hostage as a meat shield.

“Be careful, you don’t want to hurt Halmoni.” Tao warned. Key swallowed hard, trying to think hard without needing to hurt the victim.

“If you let the hostage go, I promise that you’ll walk away freely.” Victoria offered.

“HA! I’ll never fall for stupid tricks like that!” Wu laughed some more. They all gritted their teeth, wondering what to do next. Key kept his gun up but his hands grew shaky as his heart pounded in his head, feeling pressured.

“Aim for the head.” Tao whispered. Key nodded but he still found trouble finding an open spot to shot.

“Finding it hard to shoot buddy?” Wu teased. “Shoot! Shoot me! But if I go down, she goes down with me!” Key clutched his hands, angry at his taunting target. However, no matter how many minutes continue to pass, Wu refuses to put down his sword from his hostage’s face.

“We ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter