Arranged Marriage AU

A Wontaek Collection

"I don't want to marry you."
That was the first thing Wonshik said to Jaehwan. "You'll never match up to him." Was the second.


Jaehwan always wakes up alone. It's not any different today. He rubs the forced ring on a chain around his neck. He swings his legs out of bed, and walks out of his room. He walks to the modern kitchen Wonshik and him share. The coffee pot just finishes brewing, as he pulls out two mugs. He pours it into the mugs, and before grabbing out a single packet of sugar. He rips open the small pink paper, and dumps it into one of them.
Jaehwan grabs them in his hands, after disposing of the empty packet. He walks slowly toward the soundproof room in the home. He pushes the door open, and looks to Wonshik laying on the desk. He sets the unsweetened coffee down in front of him. He gently shakes his husband's shoulder.
"Wonshik, time to wake up," Jaehwan coos, running his fingers through the cotton candy blue hair.
"Five more minutes, Taekwoon," Wonshik mutters into his sleeves. Jaehwan shakes his head, and pulls his hand away.
"You did it again," he whispers, his black hair falling into his face. Wonshik groans, and blinks his eyes open.
"Jaehwan," he speaks, sitting up slowly.
"You shouldn't work yourself like this," said man states, moving the black coffee to Wonshik.
"It's a habit," he states, stretching his arms upward. A ring on his finger glints in the light; the metal different from the one on Jaehwan's chain.
"We can get separate beds, or something. You don't have to sleep here," Jaehwan states, sipping his coffee.
"There are only two places I can sleep. My-"
"Your office or in his arms. I know," Jaehwan interrupts, as Wonshik grabs the black coffee.
"You're a great person, Jaehwan," Wonshik whispers, drinking down his own drink. Jaehwan exhales, and downs his own coffee.
"Take care of yourself today. I'll be a phone call away," he states, taking the mug. Jaehwan walks back to the kitchen, and sets the mugs inside their dishwasher. He exhales, before walking back to, what is basically, his room. He hears a door slam shut, as he falls back onto his bed.


Jaehwan glances at the clock, after napping on the bed. Hours have passed. He moves to the music room, only to not find Wonshik there. Rain beats on the window outside. He exhales, and walks to their entryway. He grabs a raincoat and some shoes, and slips them on before running out the door.


Wonshik sits in a muddy puddle. His tears run parallel with the rain. He stares at the small grey tombstone in front of him. He looks to the ring on his finger before crying harder.
"You loved the rain, Taekwoon. We'd always kiss in it, and get sick because of it. You'd complain less, and let me snuggle you more when it was raining. I'd get to make you coffee, and you'd always drink it," Wonshik whispers, as his blue hair falls into his face. "Why did you have to leave me?" He starts hiccuping, and sinks further into the mud.
"Wonshik!" A voice calls, as the said man closes his eyes.
"Take me to you, Taekwoon. I need you," Wonshik whispers, feeling hands surround him.
"Come on Wonshik. You're gonna freeze," a kind voice speaks, attempting to pull him up. Wonshik curls into the warm body, and falls asleep there.


Wonshik awakens to Jaehwan asleep next to him. He looks over his forced partner, and slowly moves his hand to brush a dark hair away from a pale cheek. Jaehwan shifts at the touch, before awakening.
"Hey," Jaehwan whispers, sitting up. "How are you feeling?" Wonshik blinks, and shrugs.
"I miss him," he states, looking down.
"I don't blame you," Jaehwan states, slipping out of the bed. He walks over to his dresser, and pulls a drawer open. He pulls out a small, black velvet box, and returns to the bed.
"What's that?" Wonshik asks, attempting to sit up. Jaehwan gently pushes him down, before sitting down. He opens the box, and sets it in Wonshik hand.
Wonshik pulls up the box, and looks inside. A silver ring sits in the box. It's size is much to small for any of Wonshik's fingers. A small gem sits in a setting.
"I don't understand," Wonshik whispers, closing the box.
"It was for an ex-girlfriend," Jaehwan explains, taking the box back. "Her name was Dohee. I had to break up with her when I went to Germany for a year. I planned to take her back, and propose soon after. When I came back, I saw her with another man. A junior from school named Dongjoon. She looked so happy compared to when I last saw her. I never spoke to her again. I just went home and greeted my family."
Jaehwan walks and places the box back in a drawer. A tear streaks down his face. He hastily wipes it away.
"Why are you telling me this?" Wonshik asks, and Jaehwan sniffs his nose.
"I don't know. Maybe you'll get something out of it," Jaehwan states, returning to the bed. He lays down, after slipping under the covers. He curls into a ball, and starts to drift off again. A warm presence curls around his back, and wraps an arm around him, before he falls completely asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 908. Nice. Anyway, I've been dealing with some stuff. It may be even longer on any of my fics. Also, the Wontaek is there, barely, but there. (-<) <3 ^_^