Tuesdays

"Heaven" bakery

Jimin and Yoongi lived in the complete opposite directions, but as they started talking the latter found that they had an interest they shared, so needless to say Yoongi ended up going all the way to Jimin’s apartment. Photography. Both Jimin and Yoongi were attending photography courses and that really made Yoongi fully relax and stop being so stiff around the younger. They talked about when did they start and what cameras they liked using, what projects they enjoyed working on, why did they like taking photos and so on. Jimin was actually a really observant boy, throughout the time they spent talking he noted how much Yoongi’s eyes almost twinkled in excitement, how he wouldn’t stop making hand gestures while speaking and how much more he actually talked when it came to cameras. The younger also noticed that Yoongi missed his bus stop a while ago, but the mischievous part of him decided to ignore that because he didn’t want Yoongi to go just yet. Somehow he managed to act surprised when they reached his home. He thanked the older and promised to visit the bakery again, to which Yoongi nodded.

 

Jimin didn’t appear not even once during the next week and a half. Yoongi wasn’t really attached to him or felt like he made an immediate friend or something unrealistic like that, but somehow he still felt disappointed. His parents weren’t as supportive for his choice of courses as he wished they were, so he never really talked about it. He really liked being able to speak freely about his most favorite past time with someone who knew what it felt like.

“Yoongi. Yoongi!” the boy snapped out of his thoughts to realize that Ms. Minkyung, a regular customer, was impatiently tapping her foot.

“I’m very sorry, I will be more careful next time. Could you please repeat your order?” Yoongi mumbled and bowed yet again. His manager really won’t be happy to hear about that.

“Is there something troubling you? You aren’t being yourself Yoongi!” the old lady said worriedly, but repeated her order nonetheless.

“It won’t repeat again.” Yoongi bowed again and refilled the cup of tea the lady had ordered before as an apology and he was greeted with a smile again.

 

 

It was a Tuesday, the day of the week Yoongi dreaded the most. Not even Sunday afternoons or Monday mornings were as bad for the boy as Tuesdays were. He had classes from 7:30am until 12pm only with three breaks in between and work from 1pm up until closing time.

 

The atmosphere in the bakery was relaxing. Cups were chattering in the background, it smelled liked freshly baked pasties and Yoongi had a shift together with a colleague, so the work wasn’t as exhausting as other Tuesdays. But the sky was getting dark and gloomy, an overall dull weather was overtaking Seoul. Yoongi felt the rain was on its way and a deep frown appeared between his eyebrows.

At the end of the day all of the bakery’s umbrellas were either lent to customers or simply not returned and Yoongi certainly didn’t bring one. He sighed and a déjà vu like moment flashed before his eyes, which made him frown even deeper. But it was a good idea, he thought. He took off his jacket to use it as a shield and prepared himself to meet God’s wrath, or in other words the pouring spring rain.

His shoes got soaked in a matter of minutes, his bangs got plastered to his forehead and he was barely keeping his eyes open. Yoongi was cursing in his mind and tried to use all of his remaining strength to find the nearest taxi.

“Wait!”

Yoongi started running faster, taking deep breaths now and then. His vision was blurry and his chest started hurting.

“Wait, stop!”

Yoongi thought it’s impossible someone to be calling for him but for some unexplainable reason he did halt and looked around. He then felt a tap on his shoulder and as he turned around was met with a pair of crescent formed eyes and a smile full of teeth. How could a person smile in this merciless weather?!

“Ji.. min?”

“I really thought you would never stop! You sure run fast, considering how short you are.” Jimin practically yelled, but before Yoongi could protest, the younger grabbed his hand and started running again.

“Wait, what are you doing? Where are we going?”

“Do you want to drown or what?” Jimin yelled again while trying to protect at least his eyes from the downpour, but he never slowed down.

 

Yoongi felt like he was in a movie, one pretty messed up one. He let himself get dragged around some unknown for him streets while the rain was lashing down at them. Jimin’s grip around his wrist was tight, but it didn’t hurt, so Yoongi felt secure. He still didn’t know where were they going, but he found himself having fun.

“Aaand here we are.” Jimin breathed out and rested his hands on his knees while trying to catch his breath. Water was literally falling off of him and Yoongi, but upon seeing each other they started laughing their asses off.

“So when can I ask my questions?” Yoongi said after calming down.

“Let’s dry first, shall we? That’s why I brought you here, it’s closer than the dorms of your university.” Jimin simply stated and let Yoongi through the doors of his apartment.

 

Yoongi took off his shoes and followed Jimin to what seemed like the living room of the tiny apartment. Typical male place – scattered dishes, unironed clothes lying on the couch and some single and lonely socks chilling on the floor. The older was quite nervous though, because Jimin was acting as if that was the most natural things and he didn’t just kidnap Yoongi in the middle of the night. The younger found some clean towels and tossed them to the still confused elder and the kettle.

“You know what,” Jimin started as he sat on one of the armchairs, motioning to Yoongi to help himself too. “I’ve been trying to find the damn bakery you work at for the past two weeks, but I couldn’t remember where was I when it started raining for the heck of it.” he scratched the back of his head and looked away. Was he embarrassed? “I was actually… lost. I’m really new to Seoul.”

Yoongi just stared in disbelief at the younger in front of him. He imagined him trying to find the bakery and getting lost numerous of times and a smile appeared on his face.

“Stop!” Jimin frowned and threw a stuffed lion at the older, who was now trying not to erupt in laughter. “Don’t laugh! I said don’t! Do you understand how many other bakeries I had to visit for the last two weeks? I don’t want to eat any kind of cakes… ever.” the younger whined.

“I thought you had just forgotten about it.” Yoongi said quietly and sat on the couch.

“What, were you disappointed?” Jimin teased and all Yoongi wanted to do was wipe the smug look off his face, but he just ignored him.

“No, you forgot your headphones, you probably dropped them. I wanted to return them.” Yoongi said and took out a pair of probably wet headphones from his bag and Jimin immediately shot a beaming smile at Yoongi, as if he was giving him money or something. He explained that he looked for them everywhere since they were his favorite. Truth was, Yoongi was excited. He saw a DSLR carefully placed on the table and a few scattered pictures around it. He couldn’t wait to open the topic again.

For the rest of the night they continued talking, Yoongi explained where exactly the bakery was, Jimin told all of his adventures while trying to find it, then they proceeded to talk about Jimin’s new assignment he had for his photography course and such similar talks. It stopped raining at around 1am and Yoongi decided it was time for him to go, but no matter how much he declined, the younger accompanied him all the way to his dorms, promising that this time he will really visit him again. You could say that Yoongi didn’t dislike this Tuesday as much as he thought he would.


A/N i'm sorry for grammar/spelling ;; Thank you so much for reading and commenting ♥

Gif of the day ♥ (credit