Peach tea

"Heaven" bakery

“So, have you decided what would you like to order?”

“I uh… Can I have a latté please? With some whipped cream…”

“Sure, please wait until I call your name.”

“Where is…”

“Sorry?”

“Yoongi, where is Yoongi? The previous barista?” Jimin’s voice was being weird and he was almost stuttering, which wasn’t like him at all. But it felt weird, like something was off. The barista looked at him weirdly and Jimin’s cheeks tinted a little, he realized that the other probably doesn’t even know Yoongi. He had never seen him work here before. But for the six months he had known Yoongi it was the first time Jimin came to the bakery and didn’t see him with his gray apron on, shuffling behind the counter, and he definitely wasn’t the reason for that this time, or so he thought. The last time they talked was two days ago when they went to Daegu.

“And who is asking?”

“I’m a friend of his… I think, my name is Jimin.” Upon hearing his name the waiter kind of grinned and came closer to him.

“So you’re the infamous Jimin, I thought I would never get to meet you! I can see now why does Yoongi like you so much, you have your charms.” He said in a friendly manner, but that was only met with Jimin’s confused, or more like scrunched up face.

“Oh, right. My name is Namjoon.”

 

--

After trying to get up and just ending on the floor for what seemed like the tenth time today, Yoongi decided to just stay on the floor while he was at it, it was cooler than his bed anyways. He didn’t get sick that often, but when he did he was tied to his bed with a burning fever for days. He thanked the heavens yet again that Namjoon existed or else he would’ve probably lost his job by now. He grunted after another cough attack and made himself more comfortable by lying on his back.

He took out his phone, again, for no reason and just stared at his lockscreen. He locked and unlocked it few times and put it back in his pocket again, sighing at himself. “Why did I do that” kept echoing in his head, reminding him of the Saturday that had passed and of the Jimin who had forgotten to check the weather forecast, which resulted with Yoongi being down with a cold after they got soaked in the rain and stayed like that for the entire way to Seoul. He wanted to be mad at Jimin, because in the end they didn’t even get take more than 5-6 somewhat decent photos to be worth all of the trouble, but he knew the other was feeling bad about it too so he couldn’t, really. He wondered if he was sick too. Yoongi took out his phone again and … did nothing.

 

--

“He’s sick.”

“That’s what I’m saying.” Namjoon laughed at Jimin’s change of expression and felt bad by being amused by all of this, but come on, Yoongi hardly ever willingly spoke about his life at all and he was truthfully curious about Jimin and what was it about him that made Yoongi put so much effort in their friendship. He hardly ever allowed people in his life anymore and they just never wanted to be there. And besides, he was supposed be sleeping, yet he’s been serving cakes and tea to elderly people the whole day, he could have some fun too, right?

“Oh.”

“Something’s telling me that you’re not entirely surprised by that.” Namjoon slightly teased and watched the younger shift uncomfortably in his seat.

“Kind of. I think it’s entirely my fault.” He finally said and rested his back on the chair, closing his eyes. He was obviously feeling bad about all of this, so Namjoon decided to be serious.

“How so?”

“We went to his hometown this weekend, but due to my ability to focus on everything minor and forget about the important things we kind of got… wet.”

“To his hometown? Daegu?” Namjoon’s eyes widened.

“Yes, why?”

“Nothing. Just Yoongi never goes there now, it’s been more than year and a half since he visited and it was something urgent. I’m surprised he agreed to go.”

Jimin felt something poking his insides, something like a mixture of guilt and the desire to punch himself. Why was he gifted with his brain if he still managed to let all of this happen in the end? He didn’t know what had happened between Yoongi and his parents and why didn’t he want to visit them or why didn’t he visit his hometown at all and he knew Namjoon wasn’t the right person to ask. He should’ve known better.

“Don’t worry about it too much, okay? Yoongi’s camera is fine and I got his back at work, so he’s gonna be alright.” Namjoon said reassuringly, seeing how the younger was eating himself from the inside. He had barely known him for half an hour, but he already knew that he could trust Jimin, he seemed to truly care about Yoongi and that’s all that mattered to Namjoon. He wasn’t going to allow people to hurt and just play around with his best friend again.

“Thank you. For telling me and covering his shift.” Jimin said and bowed to Namjoon, glad that he finally got to meet him and feeling even stupider for his past feelings of jealousy. He generally felt stupid. He got up and left some money on the table, more than he was supposed to leave, and quickly got out of the bakery. Namjoon felt like he knew where the younger was headed to.

 

Jimin decided to use his brain properly this time and bought some cough medicine, Yoongi’s favorite peach tea, lots of ice cream, some ingredients and a bunch of movies. He headed to his university dorm, feeling nervous for the first time since their first meeting. It wasn’t because he was a shy person, nor because was he ever nervous in front Yoongi, he was actually really straight-forward and didn’t mind making the first step, but he was nervous whether will the older even want to see him. He had never seen Yoongi mad or angry, he was usually either expressionless with the rare occasions of a smile appearing, and he was worried that he was quite mad at him.

He put his snapback backwards, for confidence or something, and rang the bell three times as he always did when he came to visit him here. It was quiet for a while and he got worried that he went outside, but few minutes later he heard some shuffling and the door finally opened.

“Namjoon why are you here so early… or not.”

“Hi.”

“Jimin.”

“Can I come in?”

“I’m sick.”

“I know. It’s my fault after all.”

“What? Did you get sick too?”

“I didn’t.”

“Then it’s better if you stay away, I don’t want you to end up catching it from me.” Yoongi said nonchalantly, mainly because he was feeling tired and drousy.

Jimin felt his chest sting. Yoongi looked horrible, his voice was hoarse and his eyes looked unnaturally red. He didn’t look angry at least, but for some reason Jimin was still feeling nervous. Maybe he shouldn’t have come.

Yoongi suddenly chuckled and his eyes formed a half moon and Jimin felt like he was hallucinating.

“You should’ve seen the look on your face.” Yoongi explained his sudden laughter. “Come on in, but be careful.” Yoongi said and opened the door, still smiling a little. How could he be angry at him, how could anyone be angry with Park Jimin?

They went inside and Yoongi returned to his previous spot on the floor, still trying to cool down, and closed his eyes.

“Have you eaten?”

“Nah, too much work.” Yoongi confessed and felt his stomach rambling, realizing that it’s been long since he last put something there. He felt Jimin’s presence closer and before he could open his eyes, he felt a cold patch being put on his forehead.

“You’re burning hyung. I’m going to make you some porridge, drink this while you wait.” Jimin said after making sure the patch is well adjusted and opened a bottle of peach tea for him.

“What’s with you?” Yoongi asked after finishing half of it in one go, seeing that Jimin was being quieter than usual, but received no answer. He heard dishes rattling and the cooker being and he suddenly felt good enough to finally be able to doze off. Maybe it was Jimin’s comforting presence, maybe it was the delicious smell, maybe it was the tea that calmed down his burning throat, maybe it was all of them but Yoongi felt his eyelids way too heavy.

Jimin chuckled to himself and doubted Yoongi was actually twenty one and not twelve, but decided to let him rest. He honestly felt relieved, even though he knew Yoongi wasn't going to blame him or yell at him, because he wasn’t like this, but he felt relieved that he could still do something to help.

He was about to wake him up since the food was served, but something on the table next to him caught his attention. Yoongi usually always put his pictures in one big binder, but now there were a few scattered around. Jimin knew he shouldn’t, but he did. He took some and started inspecting them. All of them were from they went to Daegu. He got convinced that Yoongi really liked the sea because the majority of the photographs were of it and how it looked throughout the day. There were some of the temples they visited, the food they ate, the weird vending machine that sold everything but drinks, a stray kitten that had a heart shape on its back and one single picture of Jimin. He was in front of a temple, thinking about something. He didn’t remember that moment at all nor remembered seeing Yoongi photographing him. He sat down and started laughing quietly, putting the picture close to his chest. Just for a while.

“Hyung. Come on wake up!”

Yoongi slowly opened his eyes and felt like he had slept for three years straight and not only forty minutes. The smell of Jimin’s food hit him and got up quite willingly.

“Why are you so good at everything you do.” It wasn’t a question, Yoongi had long stopped questioning why was Jimin so good at everything, it was just a general observation that resulted from him almost melting because of the taste of the porridge. He and Namjoon rarely ever ate something that wasn’t ramyun and/or kimchi.

“I’m sorry hyung…”

“Why are you apologizing, it tastes like heaven.” Yoongi hummed and stuffed himself even more.

“For Saturday, for Daegu, for not checking the forecast, for not asking you if you wanted to come or not, for making you sick like this, for-“

“Jimin.” Yoongi interrupted him and placed his spoon down. He got up, went to Jimin’s side and gently grabbed his chin, locking his eyes with him. “Shut up. Okay? I came because I wanted to and you couldn’t have known about it since I never said anything. Don’t apologize, I had fun and three days of coughing won’t kill me.” He smiled reassuringly and let Jimin go, returning to his previous spot. “And besides, I get to eat all of this, so who’s complaining? Not me.” He said, making sure that the younger got his message. Maybe it was the fever talking and that made him do that, but he knew he had to. He knew Jimin would continue blaming himself and that didn’t suit him at all. Jimin was able to be carefree and cheerful even at 6am on a Saturday night, so frowning and being all fidgety for something like this wasn’t something Yoongi wanted. And he really did have fun. It was a nice ‘rest’ from the repetitiveness that were the weekdays and he felt comfortable with Jimin around. The younger visibly relaxed and tried hiding his red ears in his snapback.

“Got room for ice cream, hyung?” Jimin grinned and put the movie in the TV player.

They spent the rest of the night commenting on the different movies Jimin had brought, pausing at times to criticize the camerawork using terms only they could understand, Jimin patting Yoongi’s back whenever he had a cough attack and drinking too much peach tea.

When Namjoon came back he found a mess of limbs on the floor sleeping, with Jimin using Yoongi’s stomach as a pillow and the other hugging a pack of already melted ice cream. He was too tired to make any kind of comment so he just threw a blanket over them and gladly proceeded to eat the portion of porridge, kimchi and coke placed on the kitchen counter especially for him. He was glad that Jimin was around.

Jimin dreamt of Yoongi.


A/N It was kind of longer than usual, I hope you don't mind ;u; So probably there are more than usual spelling mistakes, so I apologize for that ;; 

As for a picture of the day I chose this flawless fanart I'm in love ♥

Thank you for the reading, commenting and the sweet birthday wishes ;u;