24th December

"Heaven" bakery

Namjoon blinked slowly a few times to reassure himself that he wasn’t still dreaming, but the imagine of a relatively tall, out of breath twenty year old standing outside his door wouldn’t disappear.

“It’s … 7am?“ He raised his eyebrow in confusion instead of a greeting.

“Good morning hyung… Is it really? I must’ve set my alarm a little bit too early.” Jimin said panting heavily, looking as if he had run a marathon, which wasn’t technically that wrong.

“Is there something wrong?” Namjoon asked and rubbed his eyes, seeing that Jimin wasn’t just a hallucination of the inhumanly early hour. Though, the younger was lucky today since Namjoon wasn’t sleeping, but revising for his upcoming exams.

“No, actually…I only wanted to…” Jimin kept starting and not finishing sentences, as if whatever he wanted to say was on the tip of his tongue, but he still couldn’t form it properly. Namjoon knew immediately that whatever it was it wasn’t connected to him.

“I’m gonna go wake Yoongi up.” Namjoon said and smiled, seeing how flustered Jimin was and how hot his cheeks were, even though it was negative 2 degrees outside.

“Thank you hyung.” Jimin breathed out and finally calmed down. Namjoon quickly went inside and a few long minutes later a really disorientated and messy looking Yoongi came to the door, barely having one of his eyes open.

“I’m really going to kill you someday if you keep-“

“Hyung, let’s go out tonight.”

“What are you-“

“It’s Christmas Eve, so let’s go out tonight.”

“Jimin it’s 7am why couldn’t you just call me later…” Yoongi mumbled, still too sleepy to process everything properly, but seeing the dark circles under the younger’s eyes and the hectic manner he was talking in he softened. “Did you not sleep again last night?”

“I’m okay, I just needed to know if you would agree.”

“Of course I would, why would you panic about something like this so much? Weird Jimin.” Yoongi said and reached out his hand to pull Jimin’s cheek, just as he usually did whenever the younger made no sense.

“Thank you.” Jimin immediately grinned, not even bothering to save his cheek. “Go back to sleep now hyung, I will call you later.” he said and waved him goodbye, without waiting for Yoongi to answer.

 

To Jimin it wasn’t just ‘something like this’ as Yoongi phrased it. He knew that tonight’s meeting would be a tad bit different than their usual ones, hence his unreasonable visit. But all of that had a pre-story to it, roughly around seven hours ago.

-flashback to the night before-

“You’ve been lying in this weird pose making noises for the last hour. Talk.” Hoseok said and threw a pillow at Jimin, who was indeed lying with his facing up and his face facing the couch.

“Why are you even here?” Jimin grunted a little and finally sat properly, giving some time to his blood flow to recover.

“Taehyung was bored and wanted to eat the omelets you make, he doesn’t like mine.”

“True, Hobi’s taste weird, but Jiminnie’s are really the best.” Taehyung confirmed, but kissed Hoseok’s offended pout away right after that.

“At least have the decency to try and sound sincere.” Jimin groaned and averted his eyes from the ever so in love couple on his couch. “And since when am I Jiminnie?”

“Ever since you could make delicious omelets.” Taehyung calmly answered to his grumpy friend and grinned, still not showing any kind of remorse for practically admitting to using Jimin and his ability to cook.

“Fine, fine.”

Jimin let the two overgrown children abuse his couch with their couple talk and occasional make-out sessions when the owner wasn’t looking, and went ahead to make all of them omelets since it was dinner time anyways and he didn’t actually mind doing it. He wasn’t grumpy because of their sudden visit, even though it might look like it, it was actually the opposite – he was always the happiest when either Taehyung or Hoseok were around, better yet both of them. But his grumpiness did have to do something with his best friend – the thing he suggested few days back kept lingering in his mind, especially after Kibum’s appearance.

Do you like Yoongi?”

Jimin puffed his cheeks at the thought again and cursed Hoseok for asking him that suddenly. Up until now he never thought of it that way, he never though he might fall in love again, but ever since Hoseok had said it out loud the whole idea didn’t seem that ridiculous at all. Jimin had always found comfort, friendship and safety with Yoongi, thought of him as a person who understood him and his passion and was both his rival and partner. But neither his heart nor brain dismissed the thought of him liking Yoongi as more than that, it was only his denial reflex that he had subconsciously developed after Kibum broke up with him that had always rejected the possibility of him falling in love again that made it hard for him to understand his own feelings. And he knew nothing about Yoongi’s feelings, his previous relationships or something about his love life. He felt hopeless.

“So?”

“What?”

“What’s on your mind?”

“That I have to wash three times the amount of dishes I usually do after you guys just fall asleep as you always do when you visit at night.”

“Jimin…” Hoseok narrowed his eyes, knowing his best friend a lot better than that to see that there was something entirely else bothering him. Jimin sighed and shook his head.

“It’s all your fault hyung…” he mumbled and poked his eggs around.

“What is?”

“The thing you said few days ago in “Heaven”.”

“I say many things all the time this isn’t really helping-“

“About Yoongi.” Jimin blurted out and blew the bangs out of his face. At this point everything was annoying him.

“You still haven’t confessed?” Taehyung suggested and for once dropped the sarcastic tone in his voice. He was also just as concerned about his friend as Hoseok was, especially after Kibum’s visit. Jimin shot him a surprised look and was about to protest, but Taehyung interrupted him beforehand. “I can see the way you look at him and the way you talk about him, how easily you let him in your life and the way you sometimes need him more than you need us. It’s not that hard to do the math, except if you don’t want to yourself.” he said and Hoseok squeezed his arm for support under the table.

“But he’s a guy and what are the chances he might even consider looking at another guy in that way? I really value the current friendship I have with him right now and all I can think about is that I’m about to ruin all of it if I succumb to my feelings.”

“Well, considering the percentage of such men on just this table, it can’t be that impossible, right?” Taehyung joked, but was met with a glare from Jimin.

“I think you’re being a wuss Jimin. You’re being afraid to confront your own feelings, using the excuse of bothering the other person. Overthinking will-“

“If me not wanting to be rejected and dumped to nothing all over again means I’m a wuss then so be it. You’ve been of amazing help Hoseok.” Jimin spat and stood up from his chair without sparing a look at both of his friends and moved to his previous spot on the couch. Hoseok only rolled his eyes at the childish behavior his friend was showing and also stood up from the table to follow him.

“Stop sulking you kid and start using that gifted brain of yours too, don’t get overwhelmed by your emotions. Do you think I actually want the past to repeat again? Do you think that I want you and me to go through all of that again? But the past is the past Jimin, don’t you always say that? You can’t always be afraid of love and of showing affection to another human being. People need love to survive, they need to love and to be loved - there is no other way. Sure, you can do the obligatory ‘avoiding and denying’ your own feelings crap that people tend to do, but you’ll end up even more hurt than trying to deal with them from now.” Hoseok softened his scolding a bit and started talking quieter now, returning his usual rational self.

“Have some trust in Yoongi. Did he ever judge you after all that happened with that…person? He didn’t. Then how are you so sure that even if there is no chance for him to like you as a guy, he will stop caring about you? It’s all in your head. You know I’m going to support you whatever you decided, even if you still end up not telling him, but I don’t promise I won’t nag you. I just want you to be happy Jimin, but that can only happen if you want it, too.” he concluded and stood up from the couch, knowing well that his words had reached Jimin.

Hoseok and Taehyung started cleaning the mess in the kitchen, leaving Jimin to process everything. He was still scared, he was scared of the possible rejection by Yoongi. But Hoseok was right. Unless he tried there was no way to predict what was going to happen. He decided to trust Yoongi more.

“Hyung.”

“Calm now?” Hoseok asked gently and smiled, handing Jimin a cup of tea.

“I’m going to try.” Jimin said quietly and Hoseok nodded. That’s all Jimin needed.

Just as he predicted Hoseok and Taehyung were fast asleep on the couch soon after they started some movie, tangled in some position Jimin couldn’t agree it was really comfortable, but he let them be.

Sleep didn’t come that easily to him though, but he was used to that. He was diagnosed with Acute insomnia* three years ago and has been dealing with it ever since. Doctors explained it was a result from stress and severe depression, but if he took his medicines well and took care of his body it was manageable. Most of the times it was really, but sometimes pills didn’t help and Jimin was left with an entire night to himself to think or to just roll around in his bed. Tonight was one of those. All he thought about was Hoseok’s words from earlier and he knew his best friend was right. It was only when he looked at his calendar that said that it was already the 24th December when the idea of taking Yoongi out again occurred to him. He was going to use the chance.

After what seemed like an eternity and an internal battle between his rationality and emotionality he finally got up, ignoring the fact that it was barely 6am, and dressed up appropriately for the negative degrees outside. He quickly wrote a note to the sleepyheads that were still in their weird position in case they woke up before he was back home and ran outside.

-end of flashback-

--

“Are you sure you don’t want to borrow my white shirt again? I feel like you’re going to break your closet in half if go through it again.” Namjoon suggested before returning his attention to the current level of Anipang he was trying to pass.

“I’m just cleaning it.” Yoongi retorted and sat on his bed, sighing in frustration. Clothes were way too complicated.

“Sure. You only ever clean it when you have dinner plans with, you know, Jimin.

“At least I have some plans.”

“Ouch.” Namjoon gasped and faked a hurt expression to go along with his friends’ lack of sense of humor.

“I’m sorry I’m just…confused.” Yoongi said apologetically and sighed again, this time lying down on his bed without bothering to put on yet another shirt.

“About what? You’ve known him for ten months, I thought you were past the stage where Jimin was considered a stranger that makes you nervous.”

“I don’t know, I have this feeling in my gut that won’t leave me alone.” Yoongi groaned and rolled off the bed.

Namjoon didn’t answer, because he was afraid that his guess of that was probably going on in Yoongi’s mind might only cause him to get even more confused. He had known his roommate for more than two years, but nobody else had ever made him care about details so much. Yoongi only put this much effort when it came to Jimin and that itself already was hinting it.

“Don’t think about it too much, there’s no need to rush it through. Whatever happens it’s still Jimin after all. You’re in safe hands. Allow yourself to have fun tonight, let Charismas do its miracle for you. Relax Yoongi.”

“I owe you.”

“Well, for your information you can help me out by not coming home tonight. I figured you’d be out so I do actually have plans for tonight.” Namjoon smiled to himself and focused on his phone again. Yoongi widened his eyes for a second, but then only laughed at his friend and nodded. He could do that for him.

“Give me that white shirt.”

--

“Hyung, did you take your camera?” Jimin asked first thing after they met.

“On a whim I did. Shouldn’t have I?”

“No, that’s perfect. I’m going to take you to somewhere special tonight.” Jimin cheered and motioned to Yoongi to walk. Was it just a coincidence that Yoongi was wearing Jimin’s scarf and the younger was wearing a certain pair of gloves that wasn’t his? Could be.

“What are we doing?”

“There is an event down in Gangnam I signed up for a while back. Simply said, we take photos of certain pictures in the gallery we’re heading to and we donate the prints for auction. The money collected from the buyers all go for the treatment of children fighting with cancer. Figured we could help Santa deliver his miracles.” Jimin explained and rubbed his already freezing hands together. Yoongi liked that idea a lot better than the possible outcome of the dinner he had in mind.

--

After only twenty minutes in, both Yoongi and Jimin felt excited and willing to try their hardest to take the best possible photos. They were focusing on their job and didn’t talk to each other much, but both of them were really satisfied with the end by-products. When a person is able to make a use of his passion and help another person with it the results came out naturally more beautiful. Their sincerity didn’t go unnoticed and the organizer of the event referred them to a Children’s service that was near them which also held an event, though of a smaller scale. Up until almost midnight Jimin and Yoongi were taking photos of all of children in the residency with a Santa Claus that had come to visit them a little bit earlier.

Yoongi never imagined his Christmas Eve to be spent like this. Jimin was glad that it exceeded his expectations. Whenever his parents decided to travel for the holidays he always asked to be left behind so they could have some time to themselves. He had a history of spending his Eve’s helping around charity events back in Busan and he was glad he could continue here and bring Yoongi along, so he could experience the joy of being able to help another human being. And judging by the smile that was fitted across his throughout the entire night Jimin doubted Yoongi regretted even one second of tonight. They bought some non-fancy candy for the kids with the help of the staff and spent the night playing with them and taking photos, making them pose and make silly faces so they could smile. They were going to send them all of the photos as soon as they were developed. All the children thanked the Santa and both Yoongi and Jimin by singing them a Christmas Carol they had learned. Jimin wanted to take Yoongi’s hand in his and hold it the entire time and tell him that he did well.

 

“Thank you.” Yoongi said for the third time tonight after the left and were walking around to find a place where they could eat.

“I knew that you would like coming with me. Is my 7am appearance forgiven?” Jimin joked and Yoongi laughed soon after. He was feeling light, yet so fulfilled in the same time. He was happy. Jimin realized how much he loved hearing his laugh.

“We should go develop the pictures on the first working day. I want to send them some more candy too.” Yoongi suggested and Jimin couldn’t miss the hint of excitement and happiness that resulted from tonight in his voice.

Hoseok’s words were ringing in his head continuously. He wanted to tell Yoongi how he felt. With every other smile that appeared on the older’s lips the urge to just grab him and tell him how hard his heart was being because of him deepened.

“Hyung…” Jimin started, but his voice didn’t come out loud enough for Yoongi to hear. 23:54pm.

He slowed down and looked at the figure in front of him. He could hear his heart pounding in his chest and his thoughts rushing in his mind, screaming at him to go and tell him everything. Yoongi turned around and stared at the younger confusedly.

“What’s wrong? Let’s go eat.”

23:57pm.

Jimin felt like time had slowed down and the Earth wasn’t spinning as fast. His eyes could only focus on Yoongi and even the surrounding them crowd of thousands of people couldn’t make him avert his gaze from him. The person that went to a city almost three hours away for the sake of a few pictures, the person that always gave him extra slices of kiwi with every order in “Heaven” he made, the person that always had comforting words to offer him when he needed them the most. The person that made a pinky promise to go to the zoo with him on his own birthday so they could see the dolphins together. The person that was his friend, his rival, his partner. His heart was beating really fast and he felt more than ready to speak out the three words that could change his life.

“Hyung…”

00:00am.

Fireworks lit the sky and as if that was the sign that made time start moving again and the Earth spin. Yoongi looked away from Jimin and stared at the pretty lights illuminating the sky. Cheering and exclaiming sounds could be heard from the crowd around them that were appreciating the beauty of the moment. Yoongi chuckled to himself and stared at the sky some more before returning his gaze to Jimin again, he couldn’t hear his words earlier. He froze.

“Merry Christmas hyung…” Jimin managed to choke out loud enough and smile in the most alluring way he could. When he heard the first set of fireworks burst in the sky it made him remember Kibum, it made him remember all of the things he had said to him that he was so desperately trying to forget. Images of him mocking him and the leaving reappeared before him. He felt scared. If he were to confess it almost surely meant losing Yoongi and that made him hold his breath just a second before speaking out the ‘I like you’ that has been stuck in his throat.

Yoongi didn’t see the smile. The only thing he saw was the tear that was rolling down on the younger’s cheek and the few others that were threatening to fall. He felt his blood rush to his head and his thoughts became blurred. Maybe it was the adrenaline collected from tonight that made him go straight to Jimin, maybe it was his subconscious that made him reach out his hand and wipe the tears away. Maybe it was his own desire that made him fully close the distance between them and let his lips find Jimin’s and lock them in a sweet kiss that made him feel like he was about to go insane from the fire that was burning in his chest. But it felt just right.


A/N Notes :

*Acute insomnia is the inability to consistently sleep well for a period of less than a month. Insomnia is present when there is difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or when the sleep that is obtained is non-refreshing or of poor quality. These problems occur despite adequate opportunity and circumstances for sleep and they must result in problems with daytime function. (source)

** Anipang for Kakao is a puzzle game where you match animals to earn points and high scores. After completing a round in Anipang for Kakao, your scores are compared to your friends list in KakaoTalk. (source)

*** Namjoon's line:
"Don’t think about it too much, there’s no need to rush it through." - is inspired by the real Namjoon's song Too Much. You can find it translated here and the credit for the translation go to Haru on Tumblr

I did a research for the possible charity events that could be done by photographers and used those (x) (x) (x) sites as a reference ;;

I think that's it about notes if i have missed something please do tell me ;u; Thank you for reading ♥