Pieces of a puzzle

"Heaven" bakery

“Yoongi! Come take a look at this.”

Yoongi smiled. Ever since the day before, Jimin had been calling his name every little chance he had, as if that was his most favorite word, and Yoongi found it both amusing and adorable that the younger was so excited about the slight change that was made in their routine. Somewhat their relationship really seemed to have made it to another level after they dropped all formalities between them and Yoongi felt a lot closer to him, his inner monologue slowly falling into pieces with the answers of his many questions.

“When did you take this?” the older rose his eyebrow skeptically and made a face at the cringe-worthy picture of them half-asleep on the couch, in a visibly intimate pose, probably taken yesterday afternoon.

“After you fell asleep on me yesterday and left me to prepare dinner all by myself, but that’s not the point now. Look in the background, that toy? It was from the children in the Children’s center we visited on Christmas. Seeing it again now I thought that maybe we should try and go there again, see how the kids are doing and also take today’s photo there. We can build a snow fort or some other snow figure. You won’t even realize when you will be captured.” Jimin said cheekily and patted his camera than was lying on his lap, ready for action.

“How are you going to arrange the collage after you’re done with all the pictures? You won’t have much time before you have to leave, too.”

“Hmm… Haven’t thought about that yet. But come on, let’s get dressed and go.” Jimin retorted absentmindedly and got up.

Truth was he did think about the final project just a little. He wanted to improvise with his creativity and add one tiny text under each picture, no more than a sentence, and each one of it to have something to do with a snowflake. There was only one minor detail about that - the sentences that arranged themselves in his head when the idea originally formed were all after Yoongi and not the actual snowflakes. That could look like cheating, really, but it was Taehyung’s fault that Yoongi now reminded of the younger of one really delicate and unique snowflake, one that had the beauty worth of thousandths of sentences, so how could we blame Jimin? He wanted to see how he would manage to put all of those together on the big cork board that his teacher gave him as a surface for his collage before telling the older about any of that.

Yoongi saw Jimin put no more than the gloves he gave him back in December and an idea to practice yesterday’s lesson again, approaching intimacy, came to his mind, although he contemplated about it for a while, trying to fight the embarrassment and clumsiness that always resulted when he tried to be bold. He searched through his bag and pulled out a beanie he though was going to suit the younger and bough on a whim awhile back, but didn’t have the chance to give it to him.

“Jimin, turn around.” Yoongi began quietly and moved closer to the brown haired boy, who was putting on his shoes.

“Why, is there something on my- hmp” he was interrupted by the sudden touch of Yoongi’s hands and the said accessory being pulled a little over his eyes.

“It’s still very cold outside, so thought I might add something to the gloves.” Jimin felt Yoongi’s breath tickling his ear as the older was standing right behind him, his hands now resting on his shoulder. “It’s similar to mine too, just like a-“ ‘just like a couple accessory’  was on the tip of Yoongi’s tongue, but he found himself unable to say out loud, as he felt too embarrassed to continue.

Jimin adjusted the beanie properly and turned around to face Yoongi, not even trying to hide the shameless grin that was spread across his face. His eyes glowed and they were locked with Yoongi’s, who on the other hand wanted to turn around and forget that he ever almost something as embarrassing as that.

“You mean couple ones?” Jimin more teased than asked, seeing the light red color on the older’s ears, which always gave away whenever he was feeling shy. It’s been almost a year, yet Yoongi was still conscious enough of Jimin to feel flustered at times like this.

“Don’t push it.” Yoongi half snarled in response and rubbed Jimin’s nose.

“You really are a quick learner.” the boy retorted and Yoongi could swear that he saw one particularly mischievous glint in his eyes. He didn’t have to say anything back, because his lips were soon occupied by a pair of soft and gentle ones. Jimin made sure their noses nuzzled against one another for a second, it was something he always did as a way of showing the affection he was putting in each kiss. Their lips moved slowly, thoughts and feelings obvious in each glide. Jimin kept his promise to be in lead until Yoongi got used to it and he never failed to make sure that the older was okay. This time though, Yoongi felt like the overly slow motion was driving him insane, making his stomach burn and blood almost boil with the sensation of it. His hands moved towards the younger’s neck, shaky and uncertain, yet his action filled with sincerity and determination.

Jimin immediately sensed the change in the mood and he slowly pulled back, wanting to see if the older was okay. The black haired boy’s eyes were still closed, his cheeks were flustered and he was panting softly, but his expression was only one that was asking for more. Jimin felt the hand that was resting on his neck gently push him forward so the distance between them closes again. Yoongi’s mouth parted slightly and a small, almost inaudible sound escaped his lips, which started moving faster against Jimin’s. The younger found Yoongi’s free hand and intertwined their fingers together, squeezing them softly to encourage the newly found desire that the older showed. For a few blissful moments there was a symphony of lips, teeth, tongues moving in harmony and each new move jolter their nerves over and over again. Jimin let his hand trail down the expanse of Yoongi’s back, proceeding to wrap it around his waist soon after, making their bodies come as close as it was possible.

At that moment Yoongi became sure that if cloud nine existed it existed in Jimin’s apartment, or at least it was how he felt. Having Jimin in his arms was something he could never get enough of. They fit so perfectly, just like the last two pieces of a puzzle that were away from each other for too long and their newly gained close proximity feeling even more overwhelming.

“Are you okay?” Jimin asked softly after pulling back, still worried about all of this being too much for  Yoongi to handle, but he couldn’t be more wrong. He was met with really rare smile that was almost never present in other situations. Yoongi wasn’t looking at Jimin quite yet, his eyelids still covering his eyes, but the smile spoke enough by itself, indicating how elated he was feeling. Sure Yoongi smiled a lot when he was around Jimin, but this one was special in a way only Jimin could notice and it was quite surely a one that appeared because of Jimin as well.

Yoongi opened his eyes slowly and nodded, his lips still tugging. The older reached out his hand and caressed Jimin’s cheek with the back of his fingers, catching the younger by surprise.

“The beanie suits you.” he said and Jimin could only grin like a child, still feeling delirious.

--

Most of the children didn’t remember them, but there was hardly one not left happy by the unusual visit of the two strangers after receiving a small bag of candy, courtesy of the said two.

Jimin felt inspired, as soon as they walked outside to the backyard of the center, he felt his hands itch to become one with his favorite device. The kids were all feeling ecstatic by the thought that there was someone willing to play with them in the snow, as the ladies that took care of them hardly ever agreed. It was loud, there was laughing, screaming, chattering and all similar, but at the same time both Jimin and Yoongi appreciated the moment and the innocence that was visible on their faces.

Snap.

There were piles of snow all around him and he felt his head heavy and eyes unable to ignore the imagines of Kibum’s mocking face, but just a simple pat on his shoulder and a quick smile by Yoongi made him relax. Snow could be beautiful, as snow was a part of nature and something capable of bringing a smile to a few dozen of children with its ability to transform into something else, mostly snowballs.

Jimin felt like his camera was doing it work itself, snapping pictures without a rest, each time focusing on something different. Then there was Yoongi, helping two boys roll a snowball big enough to be the body of the future snowman, a gentle smile playing on his lips. Jimin moved the camera away from his face for just a second so he could fully enhance the grace and elegance of his lover, the allurement that each smile of his displayed. For how long did Jimin hold his breath like this, feeling powerless against the beauty behind Yoongi’s existence? A minute? Thirty seconds? Two minutes?

Snap.

Photos hardly ever did justice to anything real, but with a bit of talent and skills, along with Jimin’s sincere desire to capture the moment together with the feelings he felt Photo #2 turned out just as Jimin imagined it.

One pure, unique and perfect form,

Who came on Earth to transcend the storm.

 

“Jimin! Come join us or else you’ll feel the strength of thirty snowballs aimed at you.” Yoongi said while laughing and he wasn’t kidding, as most of the kids had a snowball in each hand, waiting for the perfect moment to shoot it that the stranger that didn’t want to join them. But he did and they built the biggest and most interesting snowman in the history of the backyard of the Children’s service center, each of the contributing with a piece of them.


A/N Ah, this surely looks a lot shorter than it felt while writing :( As you can probably tell, a kiss is something really special to me and I tried really hard with making it seem as something a bit more than an act of affection ;u; This was a really action-less chapter focused mostly on feelings, so i'm sorry if it was kind of boring >->o

I will never be able to express how thankful I am for each and every comment I receive and for each and every person that takes their time to subscribe and for each and every quiet reader out there ... Thank you ♥

The text that is about Picture #2 (out of the 13) is taken from this image!!

And a gif... in complete contrast to everything i've written in this chapter :D (credit)