Not a teenager

"Heaven" bakery

Yoongi was sure that he was going to have sore neck for the next week at least, but he felt too exhausted to make the effort to move or even open his eyes, so he just stayed like that. But that didn’t last for long, because after what seemed like no more than five minutes after he felt a slightly more severe pain on the back of his head, which really awoke him.

“Ouch.” He groaned and tried registering where he was and what was going on. He saw that it was barely past 6am and that he was in Jimin’s apartment and all of last night’s memories came rushing back. He turned back to see if Jimin hadn’t just kicked him in his sleep, but he was met with a wide awake Jimin looking…scared?

“H-hyung?” Jimin voiced out groggily and looked at Yoongi, confusion and worry written on his face.

“Have some water.” Yoongi whispered and handed him the glass from last night. He really didn’t know what to do in such situations and he was still being careful for Jimin’s emotional state and for another possible outburst.

“Thank you, but what happened? Please, did I do something?” The younger pleaded with a voice fill with guilt and worry and Yoongi was speechless for a second, trying to pick out his sentences so they don’t manage to make him ever more confused.

“Well, you mean except for kicking my head? Nothing really.” The older tried laughing it out and sat on the end of the bed.

“I remember us eating sushi, but nothing after that.” Jimin looked horrified at this point, his voice was getting more and more high-pitched, as if he knew that he might have said or done something unusual. Yoongi sighed in relief, realizing that he didn’t remember anything from last night. He thought that it was better that way. The older was sure that last night’s words weren’t meant to hurt him, it wasn’t Jimin who had said all of that, but his subconscious, triggered by the alcohol and he hoped that he wouldn’t remember.

“Relax, you didn’t take off your pants in the middle of the street or something. You insisted for a drink, but your head started hurting only after the second can of beer so I took you home after it. I must’ve fallen asleep too.” Yoongi said in the most light-hearted way he could manage, apologizing a million times in his head to Jimin that he was lying to him.

“Did I hurt you? Or say anything stupid? Please hyung, don’t listen to that, I’m not that big of a drinker and I don’t know why did I say that in the first place, but if I have said something don’t-“

“Are you sure you don’t want that water?” Yoongi asked and smiled at the perplexed looking Jimin, who was still really pale and worried looking. “Don’t worry, you didn’t say anything at all and I wouldn’t even have realized that you were tipsy if you didn’t mistake your own name at some point, but that’s only it. I had a lot of fun last night actually.” He said reassuringly and out of reflex ruffled the younger’s hair slightly, passing him the glass of water. Jimin visibly relaxed, his shoulders loosened and he closed his eyes, sighing in relief. Yoongi had a déjà-vu of when they first met and Jimin was talking in the same rushed manner, blabbering too much. He wondered how much energy and strength it costs him to be his usual carefree, free-spirited and always friendly self every day and how much did he have to endure alone so that he is able to look like as if he didn’t have a single problem.

Yoongi wasn’t going to ask, not him or Hoseok. He wanted to know what had happened in the past and he wanted to reassure him that it won’t repeat again, but that could also trigger something similar again and he didn’t want to risk it. He was only going to make sure that he was there when the younger needed him, just like he was when Yoongi needed someone.

“I’m sorry hyung… I insisted so much for the dinner and acted like some stupid teenager who had a drink for the first time.” Jimin murmured into his pillow, avoiding looking at the other.

“Well, good for you that you aren’t technically a teenager anymore.”

Jimin cocked his head in Yoongi’s direction way too quickly for a hungover person and looked twice as guilty as before, if that was possible.

“You knew…”

“Of course I knew. And before you start apologizing again, just know that I just have a very good memory and if you insist that there was nothing special yesterday I am, too, going to remember it like that. Now get up, I’m going to make some coffee while you wash up.”

Yoongi knew that all he had to do was act normal and show him that he wasn’t going to treat him differently because he had shown weakness. He believed that time could heal with the support from someone.

 

“How is it that you can manage to do such a breakfast at not even 7am, considering that fact that you passed out on your bed from drinking too much?” Yoongi questioned in between stuffing himself.

“It’s just some scrambled eggs and ham hyung, you’re just hungry.”

“Yeah, right, I’ll give you a call when I manage to do such delicious ‘just eggs’.” He retorted and was about to return to his plate when he saw an oddly familiar accessory hanging on Jimin’s wrist. It was the watch he gave him.

“Do you like it?” Yoongi asked quietly, trying to hide his nervousness and maybe the slight blush.

“Did I like what?” Jimin looked away from the stove where he was preparing his own eggs and followed Yoongi’s gaze to his wrist. His other hand almost immediately flew to the watch and touched it and he grinned in a way that made his eyes completely disappear.

“More than my previous one.”

Yoongi felt as if the cheesiness that was flowing out of Jimin was rubbing onto him, but he didn’t get the chance to answer something back as the door flew open, making Yoongi almost drop his bite on his pants.

“Do you know what time is it?” Jimin groaned, completely unmoved by Hoseok’s sudden appearance. Yoongi was really going to need some time to get used to it.

“No, I did not receive a brand new watch last night, so I might not be too accurate about time, but I’m pretty sure it’s 7:02am. Correct me if I’m wrong.” Hoseok deadpanned and narrowed his eyes at his grumpy best friend.

“Calm down the sarcasm, friend, or no breakfast for you.” Jimin spat back.

“Is this how you treat your teacher? The person who taught you how to cook? How to survive?” Hoseok gasped dramatically and took off his shoes.

“I don’t see my mom here, but I wouldn’t want to break your fantasies so keep on talking, I don’t mind.”

And so they continued bickering and Yoongi couldn’t follow or say anything more than a ‘good morning’ to Hoseok, but the atmosphere really lit up with his arrival and he felt relaxed for the first time since… a long time.

“But why are you here so early?” Jimin asked seriously this time, putting a big plate of eggs, ham and cherry tomatoes in front of his friend, which happened to be his favorite breakfast.

“You’ll see in around ten minutes or so.” Hoseok sniggered to himself and Jimin wondered what had happened to make him so happy this early, but he also sensed that it might not be all that good for him. “And besides, I figured you won’t be alone, but the more the merrier, right?” He concluded, still having that mischievous smile plastered on his lips. Both Jimin and Yoongi felt their cheeks too hot.

 

Around twenty minutes later they actually heard the doorbell ring, which was surprising considering Hoseok’s usual entrances.

“I’ll get that.” Jimin said. He couldn’t see the huge grin that appeared on Hoseok’s face again, but Yoongi did and wondered if Hoseok knew the person that was behind the door.

“Ta-“

But Jimin could only stutter few incoherent letters and stare in disbelief. As the door opened more it revealed a significantly tall and slender boy with dark brown hair and big eyes, holding one huge object, having an almost identical to Hoseok’s smile.

“There he is” the oldest beamed and went to Jimin and Yoongi followed soon after. As always, he didn’t know who that was or why Jimin was that speechless, but he just gave up trying to understand on his own.

“Happy not birthday!” Both Hoseok and the new guy yelled too loudly for this hour and tackled down Jimin in one excruciating hug.

“Come on, come on open it.” The stranger urged and Yoongi was kind of baffled by the energy that erupted from him and he wondered if he wasn’t Hoseok’s brother or something.

Inspecting further, Yoongi saw that the big object was a wooden frame and there was a huge photograph inside with a little sign at the end of it. Jimin was just staring at it and his face was twisted into something in the middle of trying not to cry and trying not to tear his mouth from smiling too much.

Hoseok saw Yoongi’s confusion and walked away from the two children that were jumping around the picture.

“The picture inside the frame is from Jimin’s favorite photographer, the one that inspired him to become one. He had been trying to find it for years, but the said photographer retired and there are hardly ever galleries that have such old works from him, because it also wasn’t his most popular one.” Hoseok explained and couldn’t help smiling at how happy his best friend looked and Yoongi didn’t try suppressing his smile either.

“Me and him had been trying to contact the photographer for months and when we finally could, we were surprised at how easily he agreed to selling it and even signed it for him. Maybe because he was moved that because of him someone was able to find his own dream, or at least that’s how we described Jimin to him. I guess I’m lucky that I was with him when he first fell in love with the picture at one gallery exposition we both went to around eight years ago and remembered it.”

Jimin looked really close to actually tearing up, so Hoseok just took the initiative and to make him stop being so sappy and the stranger boy joined, ruffling his hair to a really crazy mess, but Jimin didn’t even protest.

“Is that Yoongi?” the said stranger asked Hoseok, who nodded.

“I’m Taehyung.” he finally introduced himself and revealed a cheeky, yet innocent and definitely contagious smile.

“I would say I’m Yoongi, but you already know that?”

“Yes, you’re going to be surprised how much I know!” Taehyung laughed and pointed at Hoseok and Jimin, hinting that they’ve talked behind his back before. “I’m glad that I finally get to meet you. I think we’re going to meet a lot now, because Jimin loves me too much and always glues himself to me.” He said and barely avoided a slipper that was aimed at him by the said. Yoongi wondered if all of Jimin’s friends that energetic, but he didn’t mind, he already liked Taehyung.

“Hey, hey I’m getting jealous over here.” Hoseok tried faking a pout and what followed made Yoongi almost spit the juice he was drinking, as Taehyung blatantly kissed Hoseok in the soundest possible way. Jimin started making gagging noises and Yoongi didn’t know what to say and how to react and Hoseok only winked at him.

“Yeah, I kind of forgot to mention that I’m taken.” The oldest said proudly and Taehyung beamed next to him, unaffected by Jimin’s reaction, which only meant that this was a usual situation, to which Yoongi just had to get used to too.

“Okay, now that we managed to drive the main guy to tears it’s time for us to leave.” Hoseok said after a while and took Taehyung’s hand in his. “Gonna call you tomorrow.” He added and both of them waved Jimin and Yoongi goodbye.

 

“That was one eventful morning.” Jimin laughed and looked at Yoongi to see how was he taking all of this. He would’ve mentioned about Hoseok, but he decided it was for the best if he finds out himself and if he had to judge by the lazy smile that was tugging on the older’s lips, he seemed to be okay with that.

They talked some more, Jimin told him all about the picture, ate some ice cream and talked about Hoseok and Taehyung, but mostly about Taehyung since Yoongi didn’t know much about him.

Jimin didn’t show any signs to still be upset for the rest of the morning. He was acting like normal and the older was really thankful for their earlier guest who really managed to bring Jimin’s spirit up and that was all Yoongi needed for the moment to feel at ease. He still shot him a few worried looks now and then, but he thought that it was okay for him to leave now.

“I have to go home to take a shower and leave for “Heaven”.” Yoongi said calmly and inspected Jimin’s expression to see if anything from last night would pop up in his mind.

“I have few assignments to work on, so I might not come until Wednesday, but I’ll call you.” Jimin responded and didn’t seem to be bothered by anything.

 

Yoongi was about to leave out of the door, but he experienced yet another thing that made him not know what to do, probably for the fourth time today. Jimin had suddenly rested his forehead on Yoongi’s back and tightly locked his arms around his waist few seconds later.

“Thank you hyung. That was the best not birthday of my life.” Jimin whispered into his shoulder and left his hands around his waist for a few second more before pulling back. Yoongi turned around and was met with a smiling Jimin, who didn’t seem to be embarrassed or regretting his action and Yoongi said a faint goodbye before running out of the door, feeling his face burn.


A/N How is it that fluff is my favorite thing to read, yet it's the thing that i'm the worst at writing...I apologize for anything too cringy and for spelling mistakes, it's past 1am and i have school in five hours, but i didn't want to not update so here I am.. ;~; Tell me if i should keep the length of the chapters or if i should go back to the beginning ones and make them shorter?

A kind of a different picture of the day ♥ (credit) Thank you for reading and if there is anything that seems too off or too confusing or you don't like the appearances for other characters please comment so i know what to work on ;~; Taehyung popped in my head last night after i posted the previous chapter and i couldn't get the idea of adding him somewhere out of my head so I did ;;