March ninth

"Heaven" bakery

Yoongi was yet again proven wrong. The moment they went to their first location and started doing their job, the older forgot all about feeling that he wasn’t as good as Jimin, forgot about feeling nervous, forgot about thinking that it won’t work well. He truly had fun, it didn’t feel like he was working, just as it is supposed to be. Sometimes he would pose while Jimin was snapping a shot, sometimes he would photograph Jimin doing inappropriate funny faces in front of a temple, sometimes they would both try and take a picture of the same object, but from a different angles and compare them later on. He and Jimin were talking freely and Yoongi wasn’t nervous at all. And Jimin noticed it all, just as always the details never escaped his sharp mind and he was really glad about that. He would often stop doing his work and only look at how Yoongi was barely holding his smile while focusing on a certain object and he wasn’t embarrassed to admit that he couldn’t really hold back his own smile seeing that.

“Your Bokeh* skills are really good. I like your pictures of the Beomeosa temple more than mine since you perfectly managed to blur the background.” Jimin noted while going through Yoongi camera.

“I had a lot of headaches until I was finally able to do that,” Yoongi laughed quietly and tore his eyes away from the sea to look at the younger. They were chilling on the beach after few hours of work, too lazy to go back to it. “My teacher used to never be pleased with anything I did, but he especially lowered my grades if I didn’t focus on the main object properly.” He looked at the sea again and buried his feet deeper in the sand, ignoring the coldness of it. It felt nice and relaxing, so he closed his eyes and waited for his friend to finish going through all of the pictures.

Jimin found the picture of Yoongi’s side profile and stared at it again. He really admired his features like the bridge of his nose and the shape of his eyes, he found them really stunning. Maybe because of his long training and being a photographer, along with his ability to notice the smallest details about everything, maybe because his eyes were trained to find the beauty that he was convinced everyone had in them, even if it was buried. All in all, he could say without thinking twice that he thought Yoongi was beautiful and the idea of him being his model was still lingering in his mind. Maybe sometime later, when he knew Yoongi would actually consider it, because for now he was sure he would decline it immediately.

“If this works out well in the end, which I know it will, let’s go have some fun at the upcoming PIFF Festival**? We don’t have to focus on something specifically, just take photos.” Jimin truly wanted to have Yoongi around more when he was working, but even more when he wasn’t, but rather just taking photos for his personal collection. He was a really nice company. And maybe use the chance to snap a two or three secret shots of the older, but those are just details.

“I’ve actually never been to the PIFF Festival before. I don’t know why I never got myself to go. If you still want to work with me until then, I agree. It should be fun. I might show some of the photos we take to my manager so he puts them on the bakery walls. What do you think?” Yoongi suggested and got up, because his was freezing and he felt the sand too cold.

“More exposure to my works? Sure, I’m all about that!” Jimin boasted and Yoongi laughed at his fake cockiness. “Promise? You won’t back down, right?”

“I do.” Yoongi nodded reassuringly.

“Then give me your hand.”

“What for?”

But Jimin didn’t answer. He reached out and took Yoongi’s hand in his, only to intertwine their pinkies a second later. He grinned widely at the older’s confused face, feeling proud of his genius way to ensure Yoongi’s promise was going to be kept.

“It’s a pinky promise. If you lie I’m going to tell your manager that your lattés . One thousand times, that is.”

Yoongi knew the younger wasn’t kidding at all. He also got to know that his hand was surprisingly warm, even though they were sitting on the cold sand for the past hours. Maybe it was warm just like his heart is, Yoongi almost thought, and he wanted to smack himself for being so stupidly cheesy. Curse you Park Jimin and your endless charm.

 

--

The rest of their job went smoothly and they decided to feast with Japanese style ramen for dinner when Jimin had confirmed that he had enough material to finish his project. Yoongi went even paler than he is when the younger suggested sushi again, but he managed to talk him out of it. No more sushi.

 

They got up really early in the morning as a precaution not to miss the only buss to Seoul that was available that day, so they decided to go on one last walk on the beach before going to the station. Besides, what kind of photographers would they be if they end up not capturing the beautiful sunrise while being at the seaside, right?

“Do you like the sea that much? Yesterday and now you barely tear your eyes away from it.” Jimin questioned, trying to suppress a yawn in the same time. Not that he minded, though, sure Yoongi was even quieter than usual when he was engrossed into the sea, but silence was never uncomfortable for them. He wanted to know more about Yoongi, what did he like and why, what did he find beautiful and worth taking a picture of. He wanted to know all about him.

“I don’t know, I haven’t really thought about it that way. I’m actually scared of the vast ocean and water in general. But it’s always so mesmerizing, knowing how different things are at the other side of the sea. Different people, cultures, mindsets. But maybe it’s not that different after all. People are just people no matter where they are. I guess since I never lived in a place that had a seaside I’m not much used to it, so it’s fascinating to me. I also want to see dolphins someday.”

Jimin barely suppressed his laugh, thinking how much of a child Yoongi actually was. But maybe he just liked simplicity and found interest in that, maybe he had dealt with many complicated things in his life before, so he now appreciated simplicity a lot more than someone else normally would. He wasn’t sure, but he didn’t want to ask, not yet.

“When is your birthday?”

“Why, suddenly?” Yoongi chuckled, forever being thrown off by Jimin’s randomness.

“Let’s go to the zoo then.”

“I’ll be turning twenty two, you know.”

“What, so only children can go to the zoo?” Jimin gasped dramatically, as if Yoongi had sputtered the most offensive sentence ever.

“It’s March ninth.” Yoongi sighed, wondering why did Jimin chose to be in a photography course, but not in an acting one.

“Oh, that was two months ago.” He frowned. They were friends back then, but Yoongi never told him it was his brithday.

“Yeah.”

“So I shall reserve March ninth of 2015 for me, you and dolphins with a side of some tigers and polar bears. Don’t forget, okay?” Jimin said eagerly and Yoongi felt his cheeks reddening for the nth time this past weekend. He looked away, trying to hide his embarrassment, and nodded. He doubted he could forget anyways.

On the way back Jimin decided it was payback time, so he slept the entire way to Seoul. Yoongi didn’t tell him that he used his shoulder as pillow almost all of the time, not that he minded. Jimin was comfortable and really warm.


A/N Hello peeps ♥ Happy Easter!!

*Bokeh - Bokeh is a photography term that refers to the way a lens blurs an image. Generally it is considered good practice, especially with potrait photography, to have the main subject in focus and the background blurred. Bokeh refers to how evenly and pleasingly the out of focus (blurred) area looks. (source)

**The PIFF festival - Pusan International Film Festival (PIFF; Busan): The largest and most renowned of Korea's film festivals, it is a wonderful showcase for current films from throughout Asia. Usually held sometime in October. (source)

I hope that helps a little ;; I'm sorry for any grammer and spelling errors and thank you a million for reading and giving deedback ;u;