Busiest seaport

"Heaven" bakery

“You … what?”

“You heard me, I want you to be my partner.” Jimin said just as confidently.

“I don’t even go to your university… or photography courses for that matter.” Yoongi emphasized, thinking that the younger really needs to stop pulling all-nighters because he wasn't making any sense right now, nor ever.

“Oh really? I definitely didn’t know that!” Jimin rolled his eyes, but still didn’t have any intentions of backing down. “I just need a partner, my teacher never said someone from the same university. Please?”

Yoongi only stared at him while his brain was calculating the pros and cons. It was too sudden, he had never worked with someone else before and his partner was usually only his camera. But as it sounded absurd just a minute ago, with the time passing and the stupid grin on Jimin’s face getting wider and wider, Yoongi knew that he was giving in. Besides, he wanted to see Jimin in action. Maybe Yoongi was just becoming absurd himself.

“What’s my job?”

“Do I take this as a yes?” The younger sneered, making Yoongi want to punch him even more than usual.

“I’m gonna think about it, that’s it.”

“So that’s a yes.” Jimin hummed and returned to typing whatever on his phone, but a second later he lifted his head again, “Oh did I mention we have to go to Busan for that? Two days, one night.” He could swear that he actually saw Yoongi’s eyebrow twitching angrily afterwards, but he was too content to actually feel sorry for tricking him into all of that.

--

“You owe me.”

“I know, I know I promise I’ll buy you a meal.”

“You know what, I think I deserve a pack of Reese’s with that too!” Namjoon said, indicating he was convinced. After all, it wasn’t an often occurrence Yoongi to be asking him for a favor and besides, taking a shift at a bakery was surprisingly not in the list of the many jobs he had worked before.  

 “You’re a life savour.” Yoongi said and flopped on the couch, probably the only proper piece of furniture in their room, while exhaling deeply. That’s one less thing to think about.

It actually frustrated him how he was getting so worked up over one weekend that will be spent behind his favorite lenses, something he usually doing loved the most, while his so-called partner wasn’t even thinking about it, or he was just darn good at hiding it.

“Best roommate you could ask for.” Namjoon smiled and tossed a bottle of iced tea at Yoongi, who seemed like he really needed to cool down a little. “But why are you so reluctant about all of this? It seems fun to me, definitely better than serving grandmas tea and cakes for a whole day. Sure, you’re one grumpy, shy old man, but you usually beam when it comes to your photos. That's not like you at all. Is the Jimin boy bothering you?”

Namjoon was right in a way. It was definitely a needed change for his dull and repetitive lifestyle. And this whole ‘inferiority’ thing he felt compared to Jimin was in reality simply dumb, considering how different their styles and techniques were.

“I guess I’m just overthinking it. And hey, serving elder people tea can be fun too, they sometimes leave tips. And no, Jimin is a cool guy, you know it's me who's looking too much into things.”

“Whatever you say, but just let yourself relax once in a while.”

 

--

It would be a lie to say that Jimin wasn’t thinking about it all. In fact, he was really, super excited even now while they were on the train to Busan, but he wasn't nervous like Yoongi. Sure, they’ve known each other only for about three months, but Jimin knew, no he was convinced that he could work really well together with Yoongi, so he never once regretted taking him all along. And besides, right now the older looked quite happy while adjusting his camera settings for the new environment, it was like the whole aura around Yoongi completely transformed when he was reunited with the huge device and the many lenses lying in his bag, and to Jimin it was quite endearing. He didn't mind the quiet Yoongi, that was engrossed in his thought way too often, but one beaming and excited Yoongi was something else. He wanted to make sure that Yoongi didn’t throw his talent to waste, just because he was never given the chance to show off, besides the few school projects. If his parents didn’t agree, Jimin wanted to be the one to show him that it shouldn’t be a reason for him to hide his passion to himself.

 

“What?”

“What what?”

“You’re staring Park Jimin.”

“I’m not staring at you, but at your camera, if you don’t mind.” That was a lie. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“What are the plans for today?”

“Oh right. Well, I wanted to use the fact that Busan is the fifth busiest seaport in the world, so I booked our room in one of the motels on the seaside, nothing too fancy.” Jimin said and took out a notebook where he had written all of the directions, his budget and the plan for the next two days. An advisor was supposed to be together with them since it was technically a school project, but Jimin sweetalked him that since he was going with someone older, Yoongi, they could manage alone. “I have to focus on temples and mostly their structure, so tomorrow we are going to Beomeosa Temple and the Haedong Yonggungsa Temple afterwards…” Jimin kept blabbering about stuff Yoongi couldn’t care less to remember, considering the fact that Jimin was one walking encyclopedia, so he fell asleep soon after.

--

“Wake up sleeping beauty!” Jimin hummed and poked Yoongi’s cheek slightly, clearly amused by the fact that he slept with his mouth wide open.

Upon slowly opening his eyes, Min Yoongi was convinced that the following was really close to what heart attack felt like. Jimin was leaning way too close, way too sudden for Yoongi to snap out of his dreams and react rationally and honestly he didn’t know why was he so startled or why did his cheeks felt warm. Jimin saw the discomfort on the older’s face, so he pulled away and took his bags. They were one of the last ones on the train and Yoongi felt guilty for having slept for so long.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t sleep much last night.”

“I figured. Let’s go get our suitcases.” Jimin deadpanned and Yoongi wondered if he had hurt him with his sudden reaction.

 


A/N I'm sorry for the people I disappointed with the previous chapter and for the possible disappointed with this one, but maybe this is the right time to say that this won't progress all that quickly because it's kind of unnatural for me, I want them the develop whatever they will develop for each other slowly, not just magically make them fall for each other or what not, so that's that ;u; I'm really sorry if it doesn't fit your beginning assumptions of what this fic was going to be ;;  Thank you for reading ♥