Thirteen pictures

"Heaven" bakery

Yoongi accused Jimin of staring, but how couldn’t he? Snowflakes were covering the top of Yoongi’s hair, who had the habit of forgetting to put on winter wear that wasn’t Jimin’s scarf.  The older’s ivory skin matched them so well and Jimin could barely resist not taking his camera right now. Yoongi looked immaculate in Jimin’s eyes and he could picture him just walking around the snow-covered Seoul and being able to perfectly portray the magic of the snowflakes, as long as he stayed in front of the lenses.

He had to give it a try.

“Just one picture a day. It doesn’t matter if it’s during the day or during the night. Please hyung?”

That was Jimin’s only requirement that came with offering Yoongi to be his model, just simply ‘one picture a day’. He had 13 more days until he had to leave for Daegu and all he asked Yoongi was for him to be a model one time per day, time not stated. Just thirteen pictures

Yoongi was surprised, of course, and he tried convincing Jimin that someone professional could do the job better, but Jimin refused to accept this as a reason.

“Let’s do it. I don’t mind having to play around with snow every now and then.”

Yoongi agreed then, curious about that it would feel like to be directed by his own partner, what it would feel to let Jimin do what he was the best at on him. The thought was exciting, because even though he had seen Jimin take pictures countless of times, it was going to be a new experience for him to be the person in focus.  

“Don’t be too hard on me.” Yoongi laughed after seeing Jimin visibly relax and take a deep breath, as if he had been holding it until now. How could he refuse?

“I can return the favor.” Jimin answered suggestively and grinned and Yoongi could only try and not shake his head at the cheesiness that erupted from Park Jimin right at this moment.

“Sure you can. How about ramyun?”

--

 

It’s been a little over a month since Yoongi’s night visit to Jimin’s apartment and their second shared kiss(es), yet the older still felt very uncertain, worried, even nervous. All of this was so new to him, the feelings were so foreign and he often didn’t know what to do. That night he let himself be led by his overflowing emotions and the bits and pieces of adrenalin that were bottled inside him so it wasn’t hard for him to go for it and show affection to Jimin. But in reality was it okay to reach out and simply caress Jimin’s face whenever he felt like it? What is accepted and what not? What was the difference between the way he acted around his previous girlfriend, so long ago, and the way he should act around Jimin?

Sometimes all of those thoughts and questions were overwhelming. The change that happened in his life wasn’t something he didn’t like, in fact there wasn’t a day where Jimin didn’t prove Yoongi exactly how much his choice was correct, but the older couldn’t help feeling lost and unknowing.

It was as if Jimin had sensed all of that, so he would always take the lead, for example, initiate a kiss or reach out his hand to thread his fingers with Yoongi’s, slightly touch him and make him relax whenever he felt the other way too tense, or just whisper sweet and comforting words to him to reassure him that it was okay to be confused with such a drastic change happening. Jimin was bold and unwavering when it came to his feelings towards Yoongi and he never held back expressing that, but at times Yoongi could see really slight, almost invisible hints of uncertainty in the younger’s eyes, though very rare.

Yoongi knew well that the fear of rejection still resided in Jimin and there was a lot of bravery hidden behind his bold acts. The black haired boy wanted to make sure that all of those fears are empty when it came to him and the chances he would ever reject Jimin, he wanted to try and change his own hesitance and uneasiness when it came to their more intimate relationship. They still remained the friends they were before, none of that changed, but something a lot deeper was added to that. The difference between any other lovers Yoongi had had before and Park Jimin was that this time Yoongi cared and he was willing to change. Hurting Jimin again the way he hurt him before was something he desperately tried avoiding.

--

The whole aura around Jimin changed when he sat down to do work, be it his assignments or his additional projects his digital photography teacher gave him individually. His goofiness calmed down, sarcasm and humor got sealed off under his tongue and his smile was transformed into something like a conceived pout, though the last one was definitely not on purpose. Yoongi never interrupted him or talked to him at such moments, he was a person that really appreciated tranquility and he often preferred to either laze around or do his own course works whenever he didn’t have work and was crashing at Jimin’s, since the latter was the definition of quiet.

Yoongi didn’t like interrupting Jimin during his working process, but now seeing that the younger was about to drool on his papers, as he had fallen asleep on the table, he decided that doing the opposite would probably be the better choice. Though, he took his time. Upon coming closer he noticed that the angle Jimin had fallen asleep at allowed the afternoon sunlight fall on his face and his long eyelashes had casted shadows under his eyes. His face looked peaceful and tender, radiating gentleness even though he was deeply under a sleeping spell.

Yoongi’s monologue started off again. Right now he really wanted to wake the younger with a kiss and take him to the couch where he didn’t mind replacing the hard wooden table as a pillow. The light purple coloring was still visible under his eyes and the older silently cursed his own inability to help him sleep better at night, as if that really depended on him. He lifted his finger and trailed Jimin’s features in the air, without actually touching his skin. Was placing a kiss on him a right choice? Was allowing himself to come in close contact with him something he could do?

He didn’t do either though, but just poked his shoulder slightly, whispering a ‘wake up’.

Jimin’s eyelids fluttered open slowly, as if they really just wanted to stay closed for much longer.

“Ah crap,” Jimin muttered under his breath as he realized he had fallen asleep. “For how long was I out?” he asked Yoongi, who still a bit engrossed in his earlier thoughts.

“Not long, barely ten minutes.” he responded and smiled at the disorientated and guilty looking Jimin. Truth was the younger had been lying asleep on the table for that past forty minutes, but it was a noble lie, as Yoongi didn’t want to add up to his frustration that he allowed himself to rest.

Jimin eyed the older and furrowed his eyebrows. His hawk eye abilities to notice everything and read Yoongi’s face was working perfectly fine even if he was sleepy.

“Hyung, what are you thinking about?” The rare for a February afternoon sun rays had now completely washed out Jimin’s face, as Yoongi was sitting on the side of the table that was facing the window and Jimin was in front of him. Yoongi smiled and only confirmed his own desire.

“Right now I just really want to kiss you.” he answered in a way that left no room for suspicion that he was in any way joking. Something inside Jimin’s chest made a loud thump.

“And you aren’t doing it, because…” Jimin started slowly, leaning just a bit closer over the table.

“This is still so very confusing to me Jimin and I still don’t fully really understand how this works. How everything works. How we work. Should I just… I don’t know what am I supposed to do. How…” Yoongi paused for a second or two to choose his words wisely, “how were you and your previous partners before? How… how did you…” but he couldn’t continue. Really, what was he even trying to say? That he is just confused by the fact that he’s in love with a boy? That he didn’t know what to do and how to approach Jimin in a way that would make him feel safe and reassured, but stuttering in front of the said person didn’t seem like the best way to ask.

Jimin stared at Yoongi, but then averted his gaze and his expression changed into a thinking one. He then caught Yoongi by surprise by making their lips meet for a quick peck. He pulled back just a few centimeters, staying really close to the older’s face, and grinned.

“See hyung? I wanted to kiss you so I did. That’s about it.” Jimin took Yoongi’s hand and intertwined their fingers loosely. ”It’s okay to be confused at first hyung, but don’t overthink it. You can’t go wrong. I won’t allow you to hurt me. As for before, one thing I’ve learned is that intimacy and closeness will gradually build, so don’t worry about it. The process of getting used to it is slow, but you will get to understand it yourself. Also have some trust in me hyung, a relationship is two-sided, right?” Jimin finished, still close in close proximity with the older.

“Intimacy…” Yoongi murmured more to himself, but then nodded. He got up from the table and let Jimin finish his work, as it was the reason he woke him up.

He thought about Jimin’s words. Originally Love wasn’t supposed to be that complicated and messy, but humans exaggerated it and made it seem as something much more confusing than it actually was. It was so simple, yet he had been going around in circles, missing the hole in the loop that was right before his eyes. His heart, no, his brain was always there to lead him and show him the right way and he only had to focus on seeing that. To focus on his own personal way of showing Park Jimin that he quite much adored him.

“Jimin.”

“Hyung.”

“Isn’t it time for you to take a break?” he said suggestively. Thirty minutes had passed since their last talk and the sun had long gone away, taking away its light and warmness, allowing the night to take over. Jimin pondered for a bit and almost winced at the huge stack of papers that were waiting to be revised and redone, but he had done enough for today. (Or at least so he convinced himself)

He got up and made his way to the couch, which still hadn’t magically enlarged itself to properly fit two grown boys, but with a bit of stubbornness he was soon lying on his back next to the older without facing him, their shoulders brushing and their hands not so accidentally touching.  Soon Yoongi turned around to properly look at Jimin’s face, whose eyes were wandering on the ceiling.

“You are right.” he said and this time he was the one to be bold and reach out his hand to let it become one with the younger’s, who finally fixated his look to Yoongi.

“What about?” he questioned quietly and put his free hand under his face for support.

“Closeness, intimacy… they are all approachable.” Yoongi said and smiled at the sleepy looking figure next to him. “You can call me Yoongi.”

Jimin half sat up as he used his elbow to support himself, widening his eyes in a state close to shock.

“I can?”

“You can, aren’t we close enough to drop formalities?”

“So you won’t scold me if I don’t use ‘hyung’?” Jimin asked yet again, as if he thought that Yoongi didn’t understand what was he talking about himself. But the older only laughed sincerely at the bewilderment of the younger and could only nod.

“Yoongi.” Jimin said lovingly with a quiet voice and lied back on the couch, closing his eyes when he felt an arm go over his waist. “Yoongi.” he repeated again just to confirm it to himself and couldn’t hold smiling as wide as he could against Yoongi’s chest.

“You are a quick learner.” the younger murmured.

“I have the best teacher.” Yoongi retorted and felt like he could definitely get used to hearing his name being repeated by Jimin, as it sounded captivating.

--

“Taehyung.”

“…”

“Why are you sulking?”

“…”

“Did something happen in class?” Hoseok pleaded in frustration as the younger could be stubborn if he wanted to, but then Taehyung crinkled his whole face, hinting him that his guess was very wrong. “Did I do something?” the older finally asked and let his arms fall to the sides as he received a nod.

“Hobi lied to me.”

Taehyung could really change his entire attitude in a matter of hours. The said really disliked conflicts, frowns and tense atmospheres, so he usually never let him and Hoseok quarrel for long, as he preferred to deal with their rare disagreements rationally. It was his third or fourth time in three years where he willingly made it clear that he was mad and didn’t resolve to face whatever bothered him upfront and tell Hoseok about it directly.

Hoseok knew Taehyung like the back of his palm and realized that the lack of conversation between them for the last week, even though they lived together, had really taken a toll on the younger. He took a few steps towards the bed there Taehyung had been sitting on and pretending to be really immersed into his phone while ignoring Hoseok for the last hour. He slowly sat next to him and waited to be pushed away, but seeing that Taehyung finally put his phone away gave him some courage, even though he was still somewhat frowning and avoiding eye contact. Hoseok reached out his hand slowly and gently brushed out Taehyung’s bangs that were slightly covering his eyes. The younger flinched under his touch and closed his eyes, a reflex that occurred whenever he was nervous and Hoseok felt tons of knots kicking around his stomach.

“What is it?” Hoseok asked ever so softly, patiently waiting for Taehyung to relax his anger and that soon happened. The younger abruptly turned his face towards Hoseok and had his cheeks puffed, looking like a child that was scolded by his mom.

“Your workplace called me. You’ve been feeling unwell this entire week, yet you still insist on going to work. You reassured me every morning that you go to bed soon after me, yet those purple areas around your eyes speak quite the opposite. You promised me to make your health your priority, but you lied to me. I don’t like liars. I don’t like Hobi. You never take me seriously and still think that I’m a child and that’s not fair.”

Hoseok felt guilt spreading all around his body as everything Taehyung just said was true and no matter how much he wanted to twist it in a way that his love for his job could excuse his lousy attitude towards his health, he couldn’t. He hated himself for driving Taehyung to point where he had to let negativity overwhelm him, which was something that happened really rarely.

“I’m sorry Taehyung.” Was all Hoseok could say, but he repeated his action from earlier and gently put his hand on Taehyung’s cheek and made him look at him. “I called in sick and I won’t go until next week. I promise.”

“You did?”

Hoseok nodded and smiled. Taehyung’s shoulders relaxed and the furrow between his brows finally ceased. He reached out his hand and put it on top of Hoseok’s, which was still on the sides of his face, and squeezed it.

“Don’t lie to me anymore.” the younger said quietly, but then a mischievous smile tugged on his lips and he had tackled Hoseok down in a matter of just one move. “Gotcha.” He let his lips place ghost kissed all over Hoseok’s face who was really trying to fight back the urge to reverse their positions, but for now he let the younger stay on top and kiss Hoseok’s thoughts away.


A/N May seem like a really random ending, but i truly missed writing about Hoseok and Taehyung and I hinted it in the previous chapter, so why not~
I've been writing this since I came home from school six hours ago and it's almost midnight and I'm drained and yet to start studying, so excuse the lack of proper author note;;

Also thank you endlessly for reading and commenting and sorry about mistakes, as usual ;u;