Epilogue: Raindrops

"Heaven" bakery

A/N A little something from me to thank you for being the most amazing readers a writer could wish for ;u; 


Waking up from a really pleasant dream can be a very conflicting emotion. In the beginning there is the disappointment of the already passed one delirious moment that you may or may not remember, but then again the tingling and pleasant aftertaste of it is always there to help you get through the morning. Waking up with a smile on your face because of something like a nice dream can really change the outlook of a person of how his day is going to pass.

During the few moments it took Yoongi to fully wake up he was definitely feeling conflicted, but there weren’t any traces of a specific dream left in his subconscious. Instead, he was feeling a slight poke on his right cheek while the sounds of someone calling his name were slowly registering in his mind.

“Yoongiii! Min Yoongi if you don’t wake up soon I will resolve to tickling.” The voice kept attacking his eardrums, but all Yoongi wanted was to ignore it and fall back to his slumber.

“You think I’m kidding, don’t you?” The voice sounded serious and threatening, but it was the slight touch he felt on his stomach that alerted him enough to finally open his eyelids. A pair of really satisfied looking eyes was staring him down together with a very playful smile that was fitted across his face. “Do I always have to threaten you so you open your eyes?”

“This is inhuman, you know…” Yoongi mumbled incoherently and rubbed his eyes. “And you are a brat.”

“Oh really?” The voice continued, but it didn’t really sound like a question. Usually Yoongi needed up to half an hour to be able to function like a proper human being, but the gentle, yet demanding pair of lips that were pressed onto his in a matter of seconds were enough for him to wake up. The kiss wasn’t meant to be serious or something more than a peck, but it progressed into a mess of soft sounds and nose rubbing really damn fast, morning breath and all. Yoongi got up just enough to support himself on his elbow, only to have his other hand buried into the auburn colored hair of the boy and their lips collided again, slow and sensual.

“I could be, but I don’t think you mind that.” Jimin whispered softly into Yoongi’s ear, who could only rest his head on the younger’s shoulder. It felt nice, even if they were just staying close to each other.

“I’m hungry.” Yoongi said mindlessly after feeling that the adrenaline that resulted from the kiss had left him.

“I’m prepared for that, I need you alive and kicking today.” Jimin hummed and pulled the still sluggish and drowsy Yoongi out of their bed.

“Why today?”

Jimin pouted childishly and sincerely looked offended.

“You’ve really underestimated me.” He said and served an already prepared tray full of food that made Yoongi almost salivate on the table, but he controlled himself.

“Elaborate.”

The younger grinned suddenly and sat in front of Yoongi.

“Because I made a promise.”

Yoongi stared at him taken aback from how quickly Jimin answered and his brain showed him images of past memories on the seaside.

“You remember that? It such a long time ago.”

“I don’t forget pinky promises easily. And I really don’t care if you insist today is not special, because I’m going to prove you the opposite.”

Yoongi smiled to himself after hearing those words escape Jimin’s lips without any hesitation. He really didn’t think it was a different day and he never treated it as one, but he couldn’t help the tingling he felt in his chest hearing the way Jimin spoke about it.

“Is it the reason you woke up so early on a Saturday morning?”

“I’ve been preparing for today for a while, so you can’t blame me for being excited, even though I still need to get you in the mood. Besides, I think I already made up for that wake up call, didn’t I?” Jimin said without batting an eye, a lazy half grin playing on his lips. Yoongi almost choked on his juice and could swear his ears probably not only felt hot, but looked like that too.

“How come I’m the only one who still gets embarrassed…”

Jimin’s smile widened and he leaned across the table to get closer to the older and made sure their eyes meet.

“Happy birthday Yoongi.”

--

“I don’t clearly remember the last time I went to the zoo.” Yoongi suddenly broke the comfortable silence on their bus ride to the zoo park. “I only remember that I was very young and my older brother took me there without telling our parents first. They found out later, of course, but I didn’t even cry when they scolded us because I know for sure that I liked it a lot. It was one of the very little things me and my brother managed to do together before he had to leave to Australia. He lives there now.”

Jimin really tried hard not to slip his hand in Yoongi’s pocket and thread their fingers together, not wanting to deal with the possible stares and glances they would receive from the other passengers. It took him by surprise when Yoongi was the one to unabashedly trace his fingers on his cheek, making him turn around and properly look at him.

“I meant that I’m excited for today, don’t frown like this.” Yoongi smiled faintly and pulled his hand back. Jimin nodded and wiped the serious expression off his face. He really appreciated it when Yoongi’s shy self didn’t fully stop him from expressing his feelings, even in public.

“I promise you that today is going to be special. The main event starts at 4pm so we have to kill time by them. I have a visit to two tigers, monkeys, few flamingoes, penguins and a bunch of otters in mind, what do you think?”

“Right, but what main event?”

“You’ll see.” Jimin sneered and ignored to suspicious look Yoongi shot him. He wasn’t lying when he said that has been preparing for today throughoutly.

 

Jimin became even more talkative and excited by the time they arrived to the zoo, saying how even the weather was with them. Which was true in a way, because the weather in Seoul had been getting milder and definitely warmer as spring was on its way. Yoongi couldn’t help smiling too, but he couldn’t tell if it was because of Jimin or because of the upcoming date itself.

“Do you like going to zoo parks?”

“I used to go every other year back in Busan because they treated their animals really well and they always looked happy and healthy. It was quite fun. One of the first photography projects I had to do when I first moved in Seoul required me to visit the zoo, but I got lost then.” Jimin paused and frowned at the memories of him wandering around the big city in search of the zoo. Yoongi immediately remembered their second meeting during that downpour and how Jimin confessed that he found “Heaven” because he was lost. Sounded just like Jimin. “So today is my second time since then.”

“So today will be special for both of us.”

“That was cheesy.”

“Shut up.”

“Your ears are red-“

“I have a beanie you can’t see that!” Yoongi huffed and rubbed the nose of the kid in front of him.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry let’s just go to the pond and feed the Koi fish first.” Jimin laughed and the area around his eyes crinkled into tiny wrinkles, making Yoongi unable to feel even the slightest bit annoyed.

“Are you sure you don’t need to buy a map? I don’t us getting lost, you know…” Yoongi teased back.

“That was really low of you, hyung. My orientation skills are just fine, thank you. Now let’s go.”

“Your cheeks are-“

Let’s go.” Jimin insisted and wondered since when had Yoongi gotten so good at teasing him, because that was usually his job. Was it weird that he found that adorable?

After a really chill session with the Koi they got to feed alongside some teenagers, Jimin decided that he wanted something more exciting, so he suggested visiting the three tigers that were on the other side of the park.

Yoongi didn’t get the chance to answer anything because he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

“It’s probably a birthday call so I’m going ahead.” Jimin said and started walking in the direction of the tigers’ cages.

 

Waking up with a smile on your face because of something like a nice dream can really change the outlook of a person of how his day is going to pass.

Or not. Not really.

Sometime Life decides to really not care if you’ve woken up happy or not, if it’s your birthday or not.

Or was that Luck? Fate? What controlled how someone’s day will pass anyways?

“What happened?” Jimin questioned, his eyes still as full with excitement.

Yoongi woke up this morning he felt happy because of Jimin, so really, what was that decided it was okay to make everything go to waste? Just like that. Poof.

“…My professor called…”

Jimin would understand, of course he would.

“…something urgent…”

He wouldn’t even blame Yoongi’s inability to say ‘no’.

“…have to leave…”

His smile didn’t disappear, he listened to Yoongi throughoutly without showing any signs of disappointment.

“…I’m sorry…”

But Yoongi was getting better and better with reading his eyes, because Park Jimin’s eyes never lied.

“All the way to Daejeon? That’s quite far from here.” Jimin let out a quiet laugh.

“The worker from the Museum of Art is leaving abroad for a month, so they moved our meeting for today just this morning. But I can-“

“What are you saying? You have to go, that’s not a chance you can get again anytime soon. Don’t worry about it, we can come again.”

Park Jimin’s eyes never lied.

But the human in him did, though it could easily explained as a noble lie.

“I’m sorry…” Yoongi whispered and truly meant it. It wasn’t fair how fast he managed to wipe the excitement off his eyes.

Jimin didn’t answer, but he came closer to Yoongi and put something in pocket. The older was met with a reassuring smile that made him curse his own luck. “Don’t blame yourself for this, alright? I want you to go and experience something similar to what I did in Daegu and I would never be able to forgive myself if you were to miss it because of me, so stop worrying about it and do your best.” Jimin said just as quietly, but his smile never ceasing.  “I’m sorry I couldn’t make today special for you.” Jimin then returned the favor from earlier today and took Yoongi by surprise by making their lips meet. It lasted only a second, but Yoongi felt his heart burn and his throat dry. It wasn’t supposed to turn out like this.

“Jimin…The event starts at 4pm, right? I promise you to be back by then. I won’t miss it, I promise.” Yoongi almost pleaded as if that didn’t sound completely impossible. Jimin only nodded and saw him off. ‘Don’t promise the impossible, Yoongi.’

--

Hoseok needed a lot of strength to keep his composure and not burst out laughing at the guilty looking Taehyung that had his eyes locked to the ground.

“So what are those?”

“I tried… making pasta.”

“But why is it black?”

“Things happened…” Taehyung mumbled again and turned around, his back now facing Hoseok. He tried really damn hard, but he could swear the thing burned way too fast. And how was he supposed to know that eggs blow up if you put them in a microwave?!

He heard a quiet chuckle escape Hoseok’s lips and frowned, his cheeks feeling really hot. He hated it when he felt like a kid in front of the older, but cooking was never really a strong point of his. Two arms gently wrapped around his waist and he felt Hoseok’s breath tickle his neck, melting his frustration away.

“Are you okay?” Hoseok asked and rested his head on the younger’s shoulder. Of course he wasn’t angry, not even the slightest bit, but he knew that Taehyung thought otherwise.

“It’s just a slight burn.” The boy retorted and relaxed into Hoseok’s touch. The older wasted no time and brought his hand to his lips and placed gentle kisses all over the hurt area.

“Hobi already knows how to heal already.” Taehyung smiled for the first time since Hoseok got back home to the mess that was their kitchen. “I’m lucky to have a doctor by my side.”

“I will try my best in the future. But let’s put a band-aid on it first.”

“Aren’t you mad? I messed up again.” The younger boy asked and finally turned around to face Hoseok, still having that guilty expression on his face.

“I’m not, it’s not that big of a mess. Besides I know why you tried making that pasta, how could I be mad you dork?” Hoseok laughed and put his finger on the crease of the other’s eyebrow, making the frown disappear.

“You remember?”

“Of course I do. It was barely four years ago.”

“I didn’t even like Hobi then.”

“I remember that too, but that was one really interesting first date, wasn’t it? Dragging you to that cheap restaurant and ordering that big bowl of pasta is still one of the things I’m most proud of doing. I think I already knew that food was the way to make you fall for me.” Hoseok said in a quiet voice, unintentionally remembering the awkward few hours they spent together on this exact day four years ago.

“True, I really like Hobi now.” The chestnut hair boy murmured, not breaking the eye contact.

“I know.” Hoseok responded and left no time for the younger to say anything back as he ghosted kissed on his neck before slowly moving to his lips. They’ve kissed countless of times, yet Taehyung never failed to suppress the elephants and butterflies running around his stomach. Hoseok was always so soft and tender, as if Taehyung was the finest piece of porcelain he’s ever held in his arms. The older’s hand moved to the back of his neck and closed whatever distance was left between them.

 

“Taehyung.”

“Hmmm…” The younger whined when he felt the loss of Hoseok’s lips.

“It’s been ringing for a while.” Hoseok said, but followed with another peck.

“Just ignore it.” Taehyung said playfully and let his arms lock around his waist.

“That’s really tempting, but it’s distracting. It could be important.” Hoseok said and give him a stern look.  Taehyung sighed and picked his phone after seeing who the dialer was.

“If this isn’t something important I swear I’m going to kick your-”

“…”

“What do you mean?”

“…”

“But why did he?”

“…”

“Alright, wait there.” Taehyung said seemingly more calm and frowned again.

“Something wrong?”

“It was Jimin, but he told me not to tell you.” Taehyung answered, still frowning. Hoseok only rose his eyebrow skeptically.

“He told me to skip the first part so you don’t worry, but it seems like Yoongi hyung had to leave during their date and now he has two tickets to the zoo park and asks if we want to go.”

“Leave? Did they fight?”

“No, he didn’t say it like this but I just figured it happened. I think we should go and see.” Taehyung suggested and Hoseok agreed, already worried.

--

Jimin sipped from his hot chocolate and took out his phone to take some low quality pictures, having forgotten his camera. He knew that the dolphin show would start long before Yoongi could get back here, so he decided to call Taehyung and Hoseok and wait until they come so he could give them the tickets instead. He didn’t feel like roaming around the park alone.

It was passing 2pm and the zoo was packed by now. Teenagers, adults, couples, screaming children, groups of students that were probably on a school trip. It was noisy and loud, but Jimin didn’t mind much, as it was strangely relaxing.  

Taking photos was always a calming action for him, even if it was of the strangers that were posing in front of the ostriches, people who he might never see again. He wasn’t angry or mad at Yoongi, but somewhat the bitter taste wouldn’t leave his mouth. He looked outside and saw that it had begun snowing again and he wondered if the trains from Daejeon from Seoul would be safe.

After his project ended in Daegu almost two weeks ago he often took the long way home after his classes ended and made often stops to take pictures of the snowy scenery while he still could, as if continuing his ‘Thirteen pictures’ collage by himself. He could say he liked winter now and agreed that snow could be a very useful background for some pictures.

The monkeys, the penguins, the snakes, the zebras – he took pictures of them all so maybe he could show them to Yoongi later. Everything looked so different and so much more captivating when he looked at it from behind his camera lens. The elderly couple that seemed to be enjoying feeding the colorful Koi fish, the two parents struggling to keep both of their children still, the boy that couldn’t tear his eyes from the red-haired girl that was hanging around her friends, without even noticing him – Jimin thought that everything was worth to be documented.

A tall, slim figure and hat that was covering dirty blond hair and a pair of distant eyes. Jimin halted his finger from pressing the button and took his phone down. A figure he could still recognize from kilometers, a pair of eyes that were engraved in his mind – he was right there, again, without a warning. But Jimin didn’t run away, he didn’t hide his face or tear away his eyes. He let the figure approach him and he was surprisingly calm and level-headed.

“Little kitten Jimin, not running away this time?” The blond asked, but there was no threat or mocking sounds in his voice, his eyes as distant as before.

“I don’t think I need to.”

“That’s good, because I don’t feel like chasing you around anymore.” Kibum said simply. Upon seeing confusion spread on Jimin’s face he smiled, more of a half-smile, and searched through his inner pocket.

“Here. It’s too ugly to keep it with me. I don’t think we would meet ever again and as I said I don’t intend to search for you just to give this crap to you anymore.” The tall boy reached out his hand and put a small box on Jimin’s table. It took the brown haired boy no more than a second to recognize the painfully familiar box he hadn’t seen in years and he felt something inside of him sting, though barely.

“You could’ve just thrown it away, just like the rest of my belongings. Why bother giving it back?” Jimin asked out of pure curiosity, though by now he was sure that he knew the answer deep inside.

“You could’ve just accepted it without asking questions, but here you are, noisy as ever. Don’t flatter yourself, I just love myself too much to continue living with the dumb remorse I sometimes feel just because of someone like you. And with that, I shall bid you farewell.” Kibum said just as quick and demanding as ever, without even trying to listen to Jimin’s reply. But Jimin only smiled to himself and put the box inside of his pocket.

“I don’t think it’s yourself who you love this time and for once you are right.” Jimin replied and nodded in the direction of petite girl that had similar blonde hair, who didn’t tear her eyes away from both of them while they were conversing. “But don’t expect me to say thank you.”

“I wasn’t. Goodbye Jimin.” The blond said and turned away, disappearing just as suddenly as he arrived, grabbing the girl’s hand along.

The box contained a thin bracelet he gave to Kibum soon after they started going out and it was something he deeply treasured, a bracelet given to him by his mother. It was funny, Jimin thought, that after everything there was still time that the person, which was now walking out of the park, had listened to him and remembered that the piece of jewelry meant something for Jimin. The sting was there, just barely, just for a few moments. He needed just a few moments to sink into the stinging pain. Just a few moments to properly say goodbye, forever. When he opened his eyes Kibum was gone, along with the burn in his chest.

The timing was so weird and illogical, but Jimin knew that the part of his past that was always holding him down was now free and let go of. It still hurt, he knew it might hurt in the future too, but time heals. And he had already begun healing.

He opened the box and saw that the bracelet looked as new and clean as when he first gave it to him. Jimin carefully put it inside the box and unlocked his phone. Taking photos was always a calming action for him.

 

“Park Jimin here you are! Did you purposely decide to sit on the bench the furthest away from the entrance? We’ve been looking for you for ages.”

Jimin thought it was endearing how Taehyung wanted to sound angry, but his voice was full of worry.

“Are you sure you want to give us the tickets? I can just buy another one and all three of us could hand out. It’s been awhile since I played with elephants.” Hoseok suggested, careful with his choice of words.

“No, I’ve had enough of Taehyung’s face this week I don’t want to see him anymore. You have fun, I’m going to go eat some kiwi cake in “Heaven”” Jimin said and smiled as wide and reassuringly as he could.

Hoseok looked at him for a long time, as if trying to read his thoughts, and only nodded faintly, worry still written all over his face.

“You’ll call me if you need something, right?”

“Yes mom, I promise.”

Taehyung stood in between them and puffed his cheeks.

“Hey, you can’t just insult me and not listen to my comeback-“

“Bye Taehyung.” Jimin interrupted him and poked his tongue at him, waving them goodbye soon after.

3:43pm.

On the way out he felt his phone vibrate in his hand.

--

“…Flash is an industry leader in technology and has received numerous awards for our innovative concepts in marketing and product development, so we expect that…”

The worker kept talking and talking and Yoongi was sure that by now the only thing that was registering in his mind was ‘blah, blah, blah, blah’. It wasn’t because he wasn’t interested in that, but he had already done a throughout research about the topic long ago and the person wasn’t really telling him anything new. Later he started talking about how amazing it would be if an aspiring young photographer like Yoongi would like to join the photography contests that were held under the Museum of Art in Daejeon and his thoughts finally concentrated on something that wasn’t the small thing in his pocket, Jimin’s present.

“You think you can find a partner?”

“Sorry?”

“For the contest I just talked about, if you decide to participate you can also join using a collective piece of work you’ve done with a partner. The price isn’t too bad too – you get to spend some time during the summer taking photography courses while being taught by a professional. You might be interested in that, Mr. Min.” The worker said politely, probably having explained the same sentence to countless of other ‘aspiring young photographers’ too.

A partner.

Yoongi thought what would it be like to officially work on something together with Jimin. He felt the object in his pocket for a split of a second and returned his full attention to the men in front of him.

“I… We will do our best to present you the best results. Thank you for the opportunity.” Yoongi said politely and stood up to bow deeply.

“I’m glad we got to chat and I really do hope this is not the last time we do, Mr. Min.”

Yoongi promised that and left the sophisticated room quickly, taking his professor by surprise. He could still catch the last train to Seoul. Yoongi took out his phone and sent a short message.

The small object that was wrapped in a tiny piece of wrapping paper was a charm that looked like a cloud and had miniature raindrops engraved on it. It was a really small charm, for some it might even look insignificant, but to Yoongi it was really heavy with meaning and memories. Their first meeting. Their second meeting. Their second kiss, but the first full of true feelings. The first time he said ‘I love you’ to Jimin – during all of those there was rain outside. It reminded him of Jimin, so in Yoongi’s eyes this charm held the dearest and most important meaning to him. He held tightly onto it and wished that the train would go faster.

--

We’re terribly sorry to announce that all trains have been delayed for another half an hour due to the bad weather…’

Jimin sighed and pushed his earphone back into its place as it was the third time they had announced the same message. He still wondered how did he end up on the train station instead of going to “Heaven”, but he just engrossed himself in his music and decided it would be pointless to frustrate over it.

The snow had stopped falling, but it was still chilly, even inside the station itself. He had his eyes closed, mouthing the lyrics of the currently playing song while tossing the little box around his pocket. He felt his eyelids dangerously heavy.

Waking up from a really pleasant dream can be a very conflicting emotion. In the beginning there is the disappointment of the already passed one delirious moment that you may or may not remember, but then again the tingling and pleasant aftertaste of it is left lingering in your mind. Jimin dreamt of dolphins that were posing in front of a camera, while Yoongi was talking to some tigers on the side. Now, it wasn’t really the definition of the most pleasant or even logical dream, but for Jimin it was one that surely made him smile in the most peculiar way. When he felt that he was about the wake up and the images started leaving his made he felt strangely sad that the dream was about to be over.

“How could you fall asleep here…It’s dangerous.”

Dreams were always one interesting place to spend some time away from reality, so you really can’t blame someone who is grumpy when waking up. It often feels like something was stolen from you and only the aftertaste of it is left.

Dreams were always a nice escape from reality, but reality sounded really damn tempting right now. Jimin opened his eyes and saw a red nose, round eyes and a black beanie. He had already forgotten his dream, but that didn’t really matter anymore, because right now reality was more important.

“Welcome back.” Jimin grinned and let himself be dragged into an unusual tight embrace that was initiated by Yoongi.

“The show ended, didn’t it?”

“Few hours ago.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be, it didn’t go to waste. And there are still four more hours until today is over, we can do something about it.”

“Like what?” Yoongi asked after pulling back and taking Jimin’s hand in his to lead them out of the suffocating station.

“Like ordering sushi and watching dumb movies.”

“Sounds good to me.” The older said, but suddenly stopped and leaned closer to Jimin, kissing him deeply and needy.

“That too.” Jimin chuckled and felt warmness finally spread throughout his whole body.

“I have something to ask you too when we get home. My meeting wasn’t fully a waste.”

Jimin slowed down and put his free hand in his pocket.

“Can I give you the second part of your present?”

“There is more?” Yoongi asked, surprised.

Jimin nodded and took out the silver object out of the small box and hooked the charm he gave to him earlier, which perfectly fit the bracelet.

“Now it looks perfect, doesn’t it?” The younger noted after locking the jewelry around Yoongi’s wrist. It did, it really looked perfect and completed, as if it had found its right owner. Yoongi stared at his newly acquired treasure and then locked his eyes with Jimin’s.

“Today was the most special birthday I’ve ever had because of you. Thank you.” 


P.S I kid you guys not I actually spent half an hour reading other fics about pairings and fandoms I have no clue about just to get a grasp at how a zoo date could go e_e 

... and I ended up not writing anything close to a date in a zoo because I .. I'm sorry..

Also i'm sorry for the million and five grammar and spelling mistakes... the usual ;u; 

Thank you again for everything ♥ 

(P.P.S I saw someone being confused in the comments so i'm adding this to clarify that I chose the zoo for the place of the date because in chapter six both of them made a promise to see dolphins on 'Yoongi's' next birthday, hence the zoo ;~; ) (though that didn't even work out but anyways)