An overwhelming character

"Heaven" bakery

 

“You’re one really big idiot.”

“I think I got that after the first twenty times you said it.”

“What? I didn’t hear you over how congested your nose is.” Yoongi groaned and put a wet towel on Jimin’s forehead.

“Hey, I could use some pity here!” Jimin tried playing cute, but Yoongi only threw him a glare and got up to make him some tea. That wasn’t working as effectively as before, although the older softened a little. He was a lot worse than himself a few days ago and he still was angry at himself for letting him into his apartment.

Jimin had actually managed to get sick the next day after he visited Yoongi.

“Thank you.” The younger beamed, unaffected by Yoongi’s tries to look angry, and proceeded to gulping the second round of medicines for the day, along with the tea. He saw Yoongi looking somewhat unsettling, avoiding eye contact and all. 

“What is it?”

“I can’t… Icantcook”

“And again… what?”

“I can’t cook! I’m sorry I don’t excel in everything in life, like you for example.” Yoongi muttered and scratched the back of his head, his mouth forming something close to a pout. Jimin stared at him in disbelief, but a second later there was a huge grin plastered on his face. “Stop laughing, you’re supposed to be sick” Yoongi spat and threw a pillow at him.

“Who knew there was a cute side of you hiding between all of your others sides?” Jimin said and chuckled to himself. It was a lie though, Jimin had always known that there is a lot of cute bottled up in the older, but he just didn’t know how to show it. Leave it to Jimin to notice the details.

“Shut up.”

“Don’t worry I’m not really hungry right-“

 

Bang.

Jimin’s front door flew open and revealed what seemed like three shopping bags and a person attached to them in the end, who had visibly used his leg to open the door.

“Will you pick up your phone for once and actually use it for its purpose? I almost died walking all those stares with fifty kilograms of groceries.” He exhaled, flopped the bags on the floor and went straight to Jimin’s room.

“Did you expect me to come downstairs and help you with those? I’m sick! And stop yelling.” Jimin groaned after rolling out of his bed and took a bottle of iced tea on his way, throwing another bottle to Yoongi. Who still had no idea what was going on.

“I’m not yelling, you stop being so oversensitive.” the boy mocked Jimin’s tone, but helped him unpack nonetheless.

“I’m sick!”

“Yes, yes I got that, that’s why I’m blessing you with my presence. Now, what do you want?”

“Give me your best shot.” Jimin grinned.

“That’s what I wanted to hear.” the other said and rolled his sleeves up. “But, who is he?”

“Oh, right, you’ve actually never even met before. But that’s Yoongi.”

“Ah, finally.” The unknown boy smiled and went to Yoongi, who was kind of still baffled at everything. He reached out his hand and revealed a kind of smile Yoongi could swear was the biggest smile he had ever seen. “I’m Hoseok, the one and only best friend of Park Jimin.”

“Only for the past fourteen years that is.” the said added and started peeling a kiwi, carefully observing Yoongi’s expressions. Hoseok could be a handful for people that meet him for the first time since he had a very … very overwhelming character to say, in a good way. But Jimin knew too well how Yoongi was with strangers and although he trusted Hoseok and knew he would make him feel comfortable very easily, he wanted to make sure that Yoongi was taking it well.

“Meaning that I know all of his embarrassing phases, so you can trust me on spilling that up.” Hoseok said while shaking Yoongi’s hand.

“I’m stick, not deaf.”

“Nice to meet you.” Yoongi said and smiled. Which kind of shocked Jimin, since he lacked his usual nervousness that appeared when he was around new people, but was still glad.

“Okay, do you want anything specifically? To mark the beginning of our friendship.” Hoseok asked and returned to the kitchen.

“I...um…what are you doing?”

“He taught me how to cook and he usually cooks for me when I’m sick. He’s a lot better than me.” Jimin explained and pointed at Hoseok.

“Everything is okay with me.”

“He’s just like you described him.” Hoseok whispered to Jimin and shooed them out of the kitchen so they don’t distract him.

Yoongi and Jimin moved to the couch and turned the TV on, just for background noise. The younger put his head on the other’s shoulder and closed his eyes, his breath still kind of shaky and wheezy because of all the coughing. Yoongi was tiny, both in weight and height, but for some reason Jimin really liked sleeping on him, and the older got used to it.

“I’m sorry I never really talked much about Hoseok, he’s usually the one I’m with when I’m not with you or doing work. He is already working here in Seoul, but he usually travels a lot, that’s why I’ve never brought him to “Heaven”. He’s actually a really nice guy, although he’s kind of loud.” Jimin murmured loud enough only Yoongi to hear.

“I know.”

It wasn’t an answer Jimin nearly expected, which made him lift his head up way too suddenly so he could look at Yoongi properly.

“What?”

“It was a long time ago, but he has actually come to “Heaven”, long before you first did.” Yoongi said and closed his eyes, as if he was trying to remember something. Jimin was speechless.

“It’s not like I remember all clients, but your friend has a very unique smile and presence altogether.  I think it was the summer of last year and it was very hot, one of the hottest days of the season. You know that we usually serve a majority of elderly people and that day a grandma suffered a heat . It was one of my very first shifts and I was working alone, so I couldn’t really get her to the hospital, but he was there and really helped me out. He called the ambulance and stayed with her the entire time until she was in safe hands and even paid for her bill, though he didn’t have to. It’s hard to forget such a person.” Yoongi finished and pushed back Jimin on his shoulder, seeing like he was about to roll out off the coach soon.

Yoongi remembered that day really well, although he needed a few seconds to connect it to Hoseok. They didn’t talk much back then, but there was something about Hoseok and the way he smiled, the way he radiated which made him feel so calm, considering the situation, and that helped him act rationally. That’s why he relaxed around him so fast, because of that and also because Jimin described him as his best friend. It was enough for him to feel comfortable to be around him.

Jimin was still speechless, or maybe just too tired to form any proper thoughts. And that story sounded really like something Hoseok would do, so it made sense to him in the end. He was sure that they were going to get along and seeing that it was already happening made him smile to himself and that was the last thing he remembered doing before falling asleep.

When he woke up it was way past midnight, meaning he had slept for more than three hours. He wasn’t on Yoongi’s shoulder anymore, but on three pillows still on the couch. He got up slowly, feeling kind of drowsy, and looked around, expecting to find no one. But Yoongi and Hoseok were sitting around the kitchen table, whispering something and eating the ice cream Hoseok had brough.

“What, you guys are already getting along so well?”

“Don’t be jealous you cranky sleepyhead.” Hoseok said and made him some space.

“Did you eat without me? That’s mean, considering you’re into my apartment.” Jimin faked a dramatic gasp and sat on one of the chairs.

“You wouldn’t wake up, so we just gave up.” Yoongi said quietly and Jimin sensed a hint of guilt in his voice.

“It’s all wrapped in the fridge, just heat it and you’re all good, I feel like I made enough for days.” Hoseok added and got up. “I have to go now, I was supposed to be home hours ago. Aren’t I just an amazing best friend?”

“Yeah, yeah, I appreciate. I’ll call you later.” Jimin yawned and waved him off.

“What, no ‘I will see you off’? It’s dark outside!”

“I’m-“

“Yes, you’re sick and I’m sick of hearing this so goodbye.” Hoseok said and left a chuckling Yoongi and an offended looking Jimin alone.

 

“Think you can handle him?” Jimin asked curiously and stole the spoon and ice cream from Yoongi’s hands, who didn’t mind since he already had too much.

“Sure. He also remembered that day in the bakery and we talked about what kind of a rebellious teenager you were.” Yoongi laughed, still trying to imagine Jimin with seven piercing on each of his ears.

“Hey, hey I’m really starting to get jealous here!” Jimin pouted and took out the real food from his fridge, feeling like he could eat a cow.

Yoongi looked worriedly and him and furrowed his brows.

“This is why you can’t sleep at night, isn’t it? All of those irregular naps and meal times.” Yoongi asked seriously, but of course received no answer. Jimin never faced serious questions about him directly.

He didn’t like when people were worried about him, especially Yoongi. He preferred dealing with his problems himself and Yoongi knew that. Hoseok also told him that Jimin would never show when he’s hurt or struggling, he would never show a hint of helplessness, even when he could use some help. Hoseok asked Yoongi if he could promise he would never intentionally hurt him, because if he couldn’t it would be best if they didn’t get too close. He warned him that there are times when Jimin just shut himself inside and didn’t want to talk to anyone for months, and times where he breaks down when no one expects him to for reasons he never explains.

Which was probably too late to ask now. Yoongi wasn’t afraid of facing Jimin’s flaws and besides Namjoon he was the second closest person he had next to him, so he was going to do his best to be his friend. He was glad that he met Hoseok and got to know all of that.

Yoongi was really sleepy and tired, but he didn’t want to leave Jimin alone, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to sleep now. He offered watching some of the leftover movies that they couldn’t finish the other day and Jimin gladly agreed. Yoongi already had his own toothbrush here.


A/N Whew, finally! This is up a lot later than usual, but I got inpsired and finally finished this oneshot (another Yoongi/Jimin) after a month in between the last chapter i posted and this one, so there's that ;u;

Thank you for reading ♥

(credit)