6:03am

"Heaven" bakery

“It’s 6:03am.”

“Then we’re already three minutes behind schedule, come on fix yourself and let’s go.”

“Jimin, it’s 6am on a Saturday and as far as I can remember we never planned anything for today, except like sleeping.”

“Of course we haven’t, I thought of it roughly three hours ago. But come on, I want us to take the early bus.”

“Why were you up three hours ago… no scratch that, where are we going anyways? At 6am, on a Saturday?” Yoongi emphasized on the time again and whined after shivering a little. Out of reflex Jimin reached out his hands and rubbed Yoongi’s cheeks, cooing a little at how he looked like a baby, apparently. Yoongi suddenly felt more awake than he would have felt at 10am.

“You know what, it must be something great to be worth sacrificing both my sleep and my cheeks.” The older tried sounding angry, but he was already putting some pants on. Good that Namjoon was having a night shift or else Jimin was going to be flushed down the toilet in a matter of minutes. He barely ever had the opportunity to sleep and there were only few people who have dared to disturb his sleep that have made it out alive. But he was a really nice guy when awake.

“Huh? Oh, yeah, it’s amazing I promise.” Jimin threw a toothy smile and put his thumb up. He wanted to admit that in reality he just wanted to take some pictures to cheer up after another sleepless night and there was some even going on in Daegu hence the sudden decision, but then again he decided to be considering for once and let the older have a peaceful breakfast first.

“Coffee?”

“Your coffee is my favorite.” Jimin said and sat on his usual place, which meant more milk than actual coffee and lots of whipped cream, just as he always drank it in “Heaven”.

“Are you always that cheesy or?” Yoongi groaned and wondered how could someone look so alive and cheery at such an inhuman hour, considering the fact that he didn’t sleep much before that either. Yoongi was actually worried about that, but he didn’t feel comfortable asking. He knew Jimin despised making other people worried, so he was probably going to lie about it anyways.

“Your roommate’s bed seems messy for once. I have yet to meet him.” Jimin suddenly half said, half asked.

“Namjoon’s? Yeah, he went out two hours ago for work and probably forgot to do it.” Yoongi said and went ahead and made his bed before proceeding to brush his teeth. Jimin didn’t say anything, but he was kind of surprised, he didn’t see Yoongi as a person to care so much about somebody else.

“You seem close.”

“He’s my best friend.”

Jimin didn’t say anything again.

 

--

 

“Ever been to Daegu?” Jimin asked as they were about to get off the bus.

Yoongi looked at him with an amused smile and rose his eyebrow a little.

“What?”

“Are you really asking me?”

“What’s your point hyung?”

“So the mighty Park Jimin is capable of not being informed about something for once. The more you know.” Yoongi laughed to himself, seeing how the cheeks of the younger puffed with confusion.

“Hyung!”

“I’m Daegu born and raised, I thought that’s why you asked me to come with you in the first place.” Yoongi said, still trying to hold back his laughter. A confused Jimin was a really rare situation, but it was both endearing and quite amusing when it happened. His eyes widened and his head snapped way too quickly in Yoongi direction.

“But I thought… you were from Seoul?”

“Nope, I moved there for university. I lived in Daegu for eighteen years.”

“Then how come you never get lost? You can’t be new to Seoul!”

“You just have a poor sense of direction Jimin.” Yoongi sighed and adjusted the bag with his camera before hopping out of the bus, dragging a still dumbstruck Jimin. Yep, it was definitely still amusing.

“Then hyung, can you-“

“Don’t even try, I’m not speaking in dialect for you.”

“But-“

“Never.”

“But gyeongsang-“

“Shut up, aren’t you from Busan? Speak in dialect to yourself.”

Jimin did shut up, but of course that didn’t mean he was going to give up. Ever since the morning it kept striking him how little he actually knew about Yoongi and how much more there probably was. Just like a stubborn onion with too many layers. He didn’t want to admit it, but he felt kind of sad that even after six month the older still wasn’t that comfortable to tell him such things without the younger having to have asked first. He remembered the morning and wondered what of person Namjoon was and how much more he knew than him. That’s really immature Park Jimin.

 

 

As the day progressed, Yoongi was more and more acting as if some kind of restrictions were lifted off him. He kept dragging Jimin around to his favorite shops, cafés, camera shops and more importantly talking a lot more than usually, even if they weren’t taking pictures. Jimin felt even more immature for practically feeling jealous of a person who he hadn’t even met yet, when he was having so much fun together with Yoongi. The younger was going to suggest that they visit his parents before leaving, but seeing that the other never once mentioned it he decided not to meddle. He took many secret shots of him, of course, and wondered if Yoongi realized it himself how much different he looked and acted. Maybe he really loved Daegu. Another thing Jimin was just yet to find about.

 

“Did you come here to take pictured of the Woobang Tower, as you insisted, or of me?” Yoongi asked and suddenly turned around, making the younger almost drop his camera.

“How did you-“

“You may be a photographer and have your little techniques to look as if you’re taking a picture of something when you’re not, but I happen to know those same techniques too.” Yoongi calmly explained and surprisingly for Jimin didn’t look displeased or angry, actually his lips were quirked up in a half smile. If he wasn’t embarrassed, he was definitely going to fire back a snarky retort, but Yoongi caught him off guard.

“You don’t mind?”

“I just don’t see why are you doing this.”

“I think that you look better than the badly decorated tower over there, so I’d rather take pictures of you.” Jimin simply said and turned around, not wanting to hear Yoongi’s protests or disagreements. But neither of those followed. He suddenly sensed the older’s presence closer and before he could register what was going on he felt a hand gently ruffling his hair.

“You’re such a cheesy child.” Yoongi said, quickly pulling back his hand and started walking in the direction of the town’s center.

Needless to say, Jimin was confused. The feeling of his hand on him made him speechless, because it was the first time ever Yoongi initiated skinship, although it just a friendly ruffle of his hair. He didn’t know why did Yoongi do that or did he actually allow Jimin to take pictures of him in the end, but he didn’t have much time to think because a few minutes later a merciless spring rain started down pouring on them so they had to run to the station, courtesy of Jimin who had again forgotten to check the weather forecast.   


A/N blah i feel like it was too vague and messy, too many things happened with too less explanations, but you probably won't believe me that those barely 1.2k words took me more than five hours to write with all the editing ;~; I'm sorry for that ;; I wasn't going to update since it's technically my birthday, but since i didn't yesterday and, as pathetic as that sounds, i don't really have anything better to do here is one really y update ;;

Thank you for your support and sorry again ;~;