The starts of the 'war'..

You're the Reason I'm Smiling

 

He gets into the train at the same time with two kids. He can see that they are younger than him. Both are panting and gasping, as he is. May be they’ve been running too, he taught. He ignores them and takes a seat. Where the hell is this Kyung Hee University? He’s wondering while seeing the instruction to few places in the train. He’s a transferred student from U.S.. He’s Korean but his family moved to U.S. when he’s 12 years old. Now, he’s back to his own country, South Korea. After ten years. The two kids just now, take seats not far away from him; they are fighting about something now. He tries to ignore them, but he just can’t resist to look at the snowcap-kid. Is it he or she? He wonders. But then, the kid he’s looking at lifts her head and looks at him, and gives him a frown.

   ‘Bo ga?’ He heard the other boy asks. The snowcap-kid suddenly gets up and walks towards him.

   What should I do now? Should I pretend to sleep? Doo Joon pretends to close his eyes and lean backwards. Someone taps his shoulder.

   ‘Sir?’ The kid says. Okay. She’s a girl .He squeezes his eyes together, trying not to open it. But then, the girl starts to shakes his shoulder. He has no choice but to open his eyes. She is standing in front of him.

   ‘Yes?’ He lifts her head.

   ‘Your wallet.’ She gives him back the wallet she had picked it up. He checks his pocket. It’s true. The wallet is missing. He takes the wallet from the girl’s hand. Yoseob walks and stands beside her.

   ‘Are you trying to steal something from me?’ Doo Joon asks while eyeing the girl in front of him and holding his wallet. The girl in front of him widens her eyes.

   ‘Yah! I’m just trying to help. I saw your wallet fall down when you are taking seat and you didn’t even notice it. So, I pick it up and give it to you!’ The girl says. He looks at the boy beside the girl. Looks familiar. The boy is looking at him like he knows him too. But then Doo Joon turns his head back at the girl.

   ‘Yah..Yah..You should at least said thanks to her..’ The boy beside her said to Doo Joon.

   ‘Oh yeah? But, by the way, are you checking on me or something? How can you saw I drop my wallet when nobody else saw it?’ He lean forward and nears his face to the girl’s face. The girl jump to the back. She’s shock. Doo Joon smile seeing her act.

   ‘Yah!! What did you say just now?!’ She comes forward but Yoseob pull her hand.

   ‘The train almost stops. Ka ja.’ Yoseob says to her and the train then stops. They get out from the train leaving Doo Joon with dumbfounded.

   ‘Yah! How can you leave me just like that! At least show me the way to Kyung Hee University!’ Doo Joon shouts to himself. He looks around. Everybody is watching him. He coughs and pretends nothing had happened. He gets out from the train. Then, suddenly somebody pull one of his hands.

   ‘Oppa! Are you searching for Kyung Hee University?’ A cute girl come and approaches him. He’s quite shock seeing her act and seeing the girl’s hand is holding his arm. The girl gives him a very nice and bright smile. Doo Joon frowns seeing that girl.

   What the..?? Where did this girl come from? Doo Joon tries to put on a smile.

   ‘Yes. Can you show me the way? I’m new here.

   ‘I’ll show you the way, Oppa. Come on.’ They both walk to a direction. There’s an awkward silence between both of them.

   ‘Oppa, why are you going to the university?’ The girl beside him starts to talk. She’s looking at his face with dreamy eyes.

   ‘I’m a new student.’ Doo Joon smiles again at the girl.

   ‘New student? Chincha-yoh? I’m Kyung Hee’s student too!’ The girl put her hand together, giving the effect of dramatic. Looks like she is excited but trying to act cute. ‘Then, I should introduce myself properly. Annyeong haseyo. Gu Hara imnida. Bangapsimida. You can call me Hara! Oppa, you must remember my name!’ The girl giggles to herself.

   Okay. This girl is funny. But, she’s hot! She’s cute too. Doo Joon nods his head, still smiling.

   ‘Oppa! I’m waiting for you to introduce yourself!’ Hara shakes Doo Joon’s arm. Doo Joon looks at her face without conscious.

   ‘Oppa, why are you looking at me like that?’ Hara puts both her hands at her cheeks, pretend to cover her blushing cheeks. Doo Joon cough, just trying to hide his laugh sound.

   ‘My name is Yoon Doo Joon.

   ‘Doo Joon oppa? I like your name! Oppa, what course are you in? I’m in the third year of Drama and Theatre course!

   ‘Dance course, fourth year.

   ‘Dance course? Woahh.. Boshta!’ Hara says excitedly. He nods and gives her a smile.

   ‘Wanna be an actress then huh?

   ‘Dae! A very good and beautiful actress! I bet, all the guys will fall for me when I become an actress someday.’ She smiles cutely at Doo Joon. Doo Joon just nods his head, speechless. ‘Oppa, you’re in dance course? I know few guys from the Dance course. By the way, we’ll be in the same college! Chowa-yo!’ The girl continues to talk until they reach Kyung Hee University.