She's my girlfriend..

You're the Reason I'm Smiling

 

   ‘They went that way.’ She heard a voice from her left. She turns her head to the left and sees somebody is leaning at one of the lamp’s pole by the road.

   ‘What are you doing here?’ She asks him, while walking to the direction the boy shows her. He walks beside her.

   ‘Aren’t you my girlfriend? So, it’s not a crime if I follow you.’ Doo Joon gives her an innocent expression. She looks at him.

   ‘I just met you for few times. That’s not making me as your girlfriend. Na-ga.’ she turns backs her head to the front and continues searching for Sunghye and Yoseob. Be patience, Shin Soo Jae. Soo Jae tries to calm herself.

   ‘But, you did admit that you are my girlfriend in front of our friends last few days. Isn’t it true?’ Doo Joon shrugs.

   ‘Yeah. Whatever. Just go back home, can you?

   ‘This is the way back to my home.

Soo Jae can smell something fishy here.

   ‘Yahh, Shin Soo Jae! What are you doing going that way?’ She heard it from the back. She turns, and there is Yoseob and Sunghye looking at her with a frown. She looks at Doo Joon.

   ‘But, he said that..’ Soo Jae point at Doo Joon. Doo Joon gives her an innocent look. Yoseob and Sunghye walk towards them.

   ‘Didn’t you had promise to eat with us? Yahh.. Hyung.. What are you doing? Although she’s your girlfriend, but, we’re her friends too.’ Yoseob look at Soo Jae and gives her a cute smile. Soo Jae make face. Then, she looks at Doo Joon. She stomp one of her legs onto his left leg.

   ‘Ouch! Yahh..!!’ Doo Joon jumps while rubbing his left leg.

   ‘Yoja-chingu-nun??’ Sunghye look at the three of them confusedly. Soo Jae look at Yoseob, Yoseob look at Soo Jae, and then they both look at Doo Joon.

   ‘What? Ahh.. You want me to introduce myself? Araso-yo.’ Doo Joon pretends to get ready. Okay. What now? Soo Jae looks at him. ‘Annyeong haseyo. Yoon Doo Joon imnida! I’m her boyfriend.’ Doo Joon says and bows politely at Sunghye. Yoseob already starts to laugh. Soo Jae bites her own lips. She expected that.

   ‘Namja chingu? Jae, you didn’t tell me about this? Annyeong haseyo. Park Sunghye imnida, and I am her friend. Bangapsimida.’ Sunghye smile at him.

   ‘Sunghye-ya! He’s not my boyfriend! I don’t even know him! And…

   ‘Bo? What do you mean? He said that he’s you boyfriend. But, you are saying he’s not?

   ‘Of course he’s not!’ Soo Jae grabs Sunghye’s hand. ’If I have a boyfriend, you’ll be the first person to know about it. After, Ha Mi unnie. I have a proof that he’s not my boyfriend!’ She takes out her iPhone. Doo Joon quickly grabs her phone and tries to key in something. Yoseob laughs.

   ‘What a cute couple. Aren’t they Sunghye-ya?’ Yoseob look at Sunghye.

   ‘Yah!!’ She tries to get it back from him. He holds his hand that is holding her phone out in the air, while trying to key in something again. One of his hands is pushing Soo Jae’s hands from getting her phone. Soo Jae tries to reach for the phone. But then she knows that it’s useless. He’s tall and has quite long hands whereas she’s just five feet something! She sighs.

   ‘Yahh. Why must you show off your lovable couple scene in front of us?’ Yoseob says to her. Soo Jae knocks his head.

   ‘You know that we’re not a couple!’ Soo Jae snaps. Yoseob laughs. Sunghye look kind of confused. But then she shrugs.

   ‘Aren’t we moving now?’ She says to them.

   ‘Yes! Palli ka ja. Yoseob, please take my phone from him. Let’s go Sunghye.’ Soo Jae walks to the opposite direction. Sunghye follows her. As they left, Yoseob look at Doo Joon. Doo Joon gives him Soo Jae’s phone.  Yoseob lifts an eyebrow.

   ‘Why are you doing that, hyung?’ He asks as they start to walk, following Soo Jae and Sunghye.

   ‘Molla-yo.’ Doo Joon says and then he laughs.

   ‘Do you like her or something?’ Yoseob ask suspiciously.

   ‘Baldu andwea! She’s not my type.’ Doo Joon laughs again.

   ‘Then?’ Yoseob is quite weird with his act when Soo Jae is around. He didn’t seem to be someone like that in front of other girls.

   ‘Do you know Hara-shii? She’s cute.’ Doo Joon tries to change the topic, and seems that Yoseob falls for that.

   ‘Hara-shii? Of course I know her. There’s nobody in the Kyung Hee University that didn’t know her. But, hyung.. How do you know her? You are not even a week in this university.’ Yoseob look at Doo Joon.

   ‘Your hyung is great, am I?’ He grins naughtily at Yoseob. Yoseob make an I-don’t-believe-you face at him. ‘Actually she’s the one that show me the direction to the university. Remember when we met on the train? Right after I get out from the train, she just came to me and said that she’s a Kyung Hee’s student too.’ Doo Joon explains to him.

   ‘ahh.. Araso. I don’t really know her. The only thing that I know about her is that she’s a third-year student in Drama and Theatre course, and so many rumors about her.

   ‘Rumors? So, she’s that popular huh? No wonder. I’m going back now. Take care of yourself.’ Doo Joon ruffles Yoseob’s hair and left. Yoseob is like his little brother.

   ‘Yahh!! Don’t mess with my hair!’ Yoseob fixes his hair while walking to Soo Jae and Sunghye.