Seobie's house (cont.)

You're the Reason I'm Smiling

 

   ‘Yae.’ Both of us get into the house.

   ‘Soo Jae-ya!’ Jung Soo walks toward us and give me a three-second-hug. ‘Oremaneyo. Pogoshipo-so?’ He laughs. I roll my eyes and shake my head. Yoseob walks to the kitchen.

   ‘Anyia. I come here to visit Yoseob, sunbae-nim.

   ‘Annyeong, Sunghye-ya.’ Jung Soo smiles at Sunghye.

   ‘Annyeong Jung Soo oppa.’ Sunghye says with a smile.

   ‘It’s good to hear somebody here at least call me oppa, instead of sunbae.’ He glances at me. I give him a grin. We take seats on the couch at the living room.

   ‘Annyeong, Soo Jae.. Anyyeong, Sunghye..’ Hyun Seung suddenly appears behind the couch. He’s standing behind us with a mineral water in one of his hands and wave with his other hand.

   ‘Annyeong, Hyun Seung oppa..’ We both say in unison and wave at him.

   ‘How are you doing?’ I ask him.

   ‘Have any one of you ever wondered why the water is actually a water?’ He looks at us. I look at Sunghye. Sunghye looks at Jung Soo, and Jung Soo looks at me.

   ‘err.. Not really, oppa. I think it’s because God had made it to be a water.’ Sunghye answers him.

   ‘Oh yeah? I don’t know the actual answer, still wondering that though.’ He smiles and walks away to his room. All of us burst out our laugh right after he steps into his room. Hyun Seung oppa with his 4D things.

   ‘Why didn’t you come to our house anymore?’ Jung Soo says to me.

   ‘Because there is no exam.’ I answer him and laugh. I used to be a ‘fixed guest’ in their house when there are examinations, studying with Yoseob here. Sometimes, Yoseob will come to our apartment.

   ‘You won’t come if there’s no exam?

   ‘Of course.

   ‘But, isn’t it almost the end of May now? Our final exam will be on second week of June isn’t it?’ Jung Soo says, reminding me.

   ‘Yah.. Soo Jae-ya.. You forgot about that, are you?’ Sunghye looks at me. I look back and forth from Jung Soo to Sunghye. Then, I grin.

   ‘Last minutes preparation. As usual.’ Yoseob appears with three glasses of drinks. He put it on the table in front of us. I smiles at him and give him a high-five.

   ‘I’m going in now. Annyeong.’ Jung Soo gets up and ruffles my hair.

   ‘Study for the final?’ I look at him while fixing my hair. He laughs.

   ‘Sleeping for the final, yes.’ He says and walks away with that dimple-smile. Sunghye, Yoseob and I laugh hearing his words.

   ‘Annyeong, Sunghye-ya.’ Yoseob waves at Sunghye.

   ‘Yah.. Wae irae?’ I look at him.

   ‘I didn’t say hi to her just now. Annyeong.’ Still waving at Sunghye. Sunghye chuckles.

   ‘Annyeong, Seobie-ya.’ She waves at him too. ‘Are you feeling okay now? Did you take the medicine we gave you?

   ‘Yes. Sure. I’m not feeling sick anymore. I’m joining both of you tomorrow.’ He gives her a smile.

   ‘Luckily. Soo Jae keeps sighing just now, when we’re on our way here.

   ‘Is she? She must be missing me so much, isn’t it?’ They both look at me.  I look at them with a frown.

   ‘What?’ I didn’t really hear for what they are saying, busy looking around and giving them some chance to talk. I got a feeling that Yoseob likes Sunghye too.

   ‘Doo Joon hyung is in my room. In case you wanna know.’ Yoseob says with a cute smile. I narrow my eyes at him. They both laugh.

   ‘Yeah. Whatever. Do you know Gu Hara? She talks with me just now. Sunghye is there too. But, she asks Sunghye to leave us for a while. What a weird girl she is. She’s mean too.’ I look at Yoseob.