Gu Hara . . .

You're the Reason I'm Smiling

 

   ‘Gu Hara-shii? The one in our university, that loves to wear the short skirts and telling everybody that she’s gonna be a good actress?’ He looks at Sunghye. Sunghye nods her head.

   ‘Short skirts? Yah.. Yoseob-ya.. You are just like the other guys.’ I look at him with disgust.

   ‘Yah.. Who asks her to wears that kind of things?

   ‘Yeah.. She’s wearing that too, just now. With a sunglasses on top of her head.’ Sunghye laughs. Yoseob laughs too.

   ‘See. Sunghye said it too, and she’s a girl. By the way, that girl's father is one of that ‘important person’ in our university. I’m not sure whether it’s true or just a rumor. So, what did she wants from you? As far as I know, she doesn’t even know you, and you both never talked before right?

   ‘Yeah. That’s why I’m telling you this.’ I cough, getting reading to imitate Gu Hara. ‘Stay away from Doo Joon oppa, or else you’ll regret it.’ I say with Hara’s style but then I burst out my laugh, along with Sunghye’s laugh. Yoseob look at both of us.

   ‘She’s saying it like that?’ Yoseob starts to laugh. I nod my head while still laughing.

   ‘Anyia. She says it with more like ‘Gu Hara’ style. I can’t stand seeing Soo Jae imitate her.’ Sunghye laughs.

   ‘True! Imagining that she’s becoming like Hara-shii. With miniskirts, colorful bracelet, sunglasses.’ Yoseob look at Sunghye and Sunghye look at him.

   ‘Make-up!’ They both say in unison. Yoseob laugh again. I stop my laugh and knock their heads.

   ‘Don’t ever imagine me being like that!

   ‘I won’t! It’s a nightmare for me.’ Yoseob says.

   ‘Na-du!’ I say to him.

   ‘So, she’s asking you to stay away from Doo Joon hyung? Yah.. Waegurae.. She’s not even his girlfriend. And plus you are not that close with hyung isn’t it?

   ‘Isn’t he her boyfriend?’ Sunghye look at Yoseob while pointing at me. Yoseob laughs.

   ‘Andwea, Sunghye-ya. It’s just a joke.

   ‘ahh.. A joke? Araso-yo..’ She pauses. ‘But, don’t you wanna make it real?’ She continues.

   ‘For what? What did I get if I do that?

   ‘Chakaman.. Did Hara-shii like Doo Joon hyung?

   ‘I guess so.’ I look at Sunghye and she shrugs.

   ‘Could be. But, the weirdest thing is that, how on earth did she know my name? I mean, she’s not even my friend or something.’ Sunghye says while looking at both of us. I snap my fingers.

   ‘Mat-ta! She knows my name too!’ I say excitedly.

   ‘That’s weird. She must be checking on you, Jae. She might take you as her rival or something.’ Yoseob says slowly, giving the effect of suspense.

   ‘Rival?’ Sunghye and I say at the same time.

   ‘She might think that you are Doo Joon hyung’s girlfriend.

   ‘So, you are saying that Hara likes him?’ I look at Yoseob.

   ‘She likes everybody that is quite good looking.’ Sunghye adds up.

   ‘Doo Joon is good looking? You gotta be kidding me.’ I groan.

   ‘He is. He’s tall. Isn’t that your ideal type?’ Sunghye looks at me.

   ‘It is. But..’ I can’t continue my words because I don’t really know what I should say. They both laugh. I narrow my eyes at them. ‘What about you both?

   ‘What about us?’ Yoseob fidgets. I smile seeing his act.

   ‘Anyia. I think I’m going back now. I’m sleepy.’ I yawn.

   ‘Sleepy?’ Yoseob laughs. ‘Araso. I’ll go to the class tomorrow. So, wait for me.

   ‘Araso.’ I get up. So do Sunghye.