Hankyung is here..^_^

You're the Reason I'm Smiling

 

Ha Mi parks her car at the parking lot of their apartment. Their apartment is at the 9th floor. She gets into the elevator. The door is about to close when somebody suddenly put his hand through the door. The door then opens again. The guy gives Ha Mi a smile and step into the elevator with two large bags at his left and right hands, and also at his back. The door closes. He holds out a hand to press on the button ‘9’, but then, he put down his hand since the number had been pressed. He glances at the girl beside him. She must be a student. She’s carrying a bag at her back and looking blankly at the elevator’s door. Wait a second. Is this the girl from the other day? From this side, she looks like her. The elevator reaches at the ninth floor and Ha Mi gets out from the elevator. The door is about to close when the guy quickly get out from the elevator, but one of his bag is stuck between the door. He falls to the back. Ha Mi looks at him.

   ‘A little help here?’ The guy says at her. She presses one of the lift’s buttons. The door falls open and the guy pulls out his bag. He sighs.

   ‘Thank you.’ He says to her. She smiles and nods her head, then walk away, to her apartment.

   ‘Shin Ha Mi-shii?’ The guy says from the back. She turns around and looks at the guy.

   ‘Yae?’ She looks at him.

   ‘Your book. You drop it just now.’ He gives her the book he picked up in the lift just now. The book must be slip from few books she’s holding in her hand. Ha Mi looks at the book the guy in front of her is holding, then the books in her hand.

   ‘Did I?’ She laughs and takes the book from his hand. ‘Kamsahamnida.’ She smiles and turns around.

   ‘ahh.. Chakaman.. Are you leaving here too?

   ‘Sorry, but… do I know you?’ She turns and tilts her head a little to the right.

   ‘ahh.. Bian hamnida. But, are you the girl from last week? At the Bibimbap Restaurant?’ He looks at her face. I’m sure enough that it’s her. Ha Mi looks at the guy. She can’t really remember about it. ‘You nearly bump onto a waitress. Remember?’

   ‘ahh.. Yae.. It’s you that pull me aside?’ She asks him. She didn’t remember me? He smiles and nods his head.

   ‘It’s me I guess.

   ‘Bian, and thanks for the other day.

   ‘Dae. I just move here, house number 913. Are you leaving here too?’ Ha Mi glances at his bags. I can see that.

   ‘We’re neighbor then. I’m leaving at 910.’ She gives him a smile and about to continue walking to her apartment. He follows her. Okay.. She has a.. weird (?) way of walk. But, I think it’s okay with her, suits her maybe. Hankyung smiles to himself.

   ‘Do you need help carrying those bags?

   ‘ahh.. anyia. Gwenchanna. My name is Hankyung by the way.

   ‘Mine is Shin Ha Mi, as you know since you call me just now.

   ‘ahh.. I saw that in your book just now. Chusohamnida.

    ‘Gwenchanna.’ Ha Mi shakes her head and smiles. They arrive at their apartment. ‘So, goodbye then. If you need help or anything, just knock the door.’ Ha Mi says while opening the door.

   ‘Dae. Kamsahamnida. But..’ He didn’t manage to continue his words when her door is closed.

   ‘We’ll meet again, then.’ He opens the door and get into his new place of living while bringing in his bags too. He looks around.

   ‘Hello there, new house.’ He says to the house. This apartment was suggested by one of his friends. This is his friend’s friend’s former house, so it is fully furniture. Lucky for him but this apartment is just too big for him, alone. He sighs. He just finishes his Masters in Dance and now seeking for a job. Before this, he’s leaving with his friends in Gwangju. He came to Seoul thinking that this might be the place he can improve himself and holds up a huge chance for his life. His parents are now in China. Every month he’ll fly back to China to visit his parents. He’ll try to seek for a free time for his parents and doing everything he can for them. He had been staying in Korea for about 6 years. He starts to unpack his things. The first thing to come in his sight is his parents’ picture. He takes it out, look at it fondly, go through the picture with his fingers and put it beside the bed. While unpacking his things, suddenly the girl just now comes in his mind.

   ‘Shin Ha Mi-shii?’ He smiles to himself.