The meeting..

You're the Reason I'm Smiling

 

   ‘It’s Yoon Doo joon!’ Yoseob snaps his finger. We’re walking out from the Accounting class.

   ‘Doo what?? Yah.. wae irae?’ I shake one of his arms.

   ‘I remember it now, Jae! It’s Yoon Doo Joon! The guy we met before, at the train. It’s my best friend during our childhood time!’ Yoseob looks excited giving me that ‘useful’ information.

   ‘And you didn’t even remember your best friend the moment you saw him in the train this morning?’ I lift an eyebrow at him.

   ‘We lost contact when he moved to the U.S. when I am 10 years old. He’s two years older than us. We’ve been best friend along with Hyun Seung hyung. You know Hyun Seung hyung, right?

   ‘Yeah. Of course. Get bored seeing his face already, like I see your face.’ I pretend to do a bored face at him. He flicks my forehead. I squeeze my forehead and rub it slowly.

   ‘Yah!! Do you know how hurt it is? Told you not to do that anymore! Let me do it back to you!’ I chase him. He laughs while running. Some of the students that are walking at the corridor look at us, hearing the small ‘chaos’ we had made. Some of them shake their head, some of them laugh and some of them are cursing us. I chase him till he end up getting into the guy’s toilet.

   ‘Yah! It’s not fair!’ I yell from the outside. I can hear he’s laughing. Luckily we had a one-hour gap now.

   ‘Soo Jae?’ Someone pull my arm. I turn to the back. It’s Jung Soo, my first love. He’s my senior during my high school, and now being my senior in this university with different course. He knows my feelings toward him but he says that he just assume me as his little sister. I’ve given up on him, but we’re still good friends. I fall for him because of his smile. May be because I like to see guys with dimple when they smile.

   ‘Sunbae-nim?

   ‘Yah..What are doing here in front of the boy’s toilet? Stalker?’ Jung Soo laughs.

   ‘Yahh..Sunbae. Oetoke aras-so?’ I laugh seeing his stunned face. But, then he leans to the front and eyes me.

   ‘Yeah,right. Who are you waiting for? Yoseob? One more thing, why didn’t you call me Oppa? We have talk about this before, aren’t we, Soo Jae-ya?’ He gives me the kind of smile that I like.

   ‘Sunbae, are you trying to flirt with me?’ I narrow my eyes at him. He laughs his special tone. The kind of laugh that we’ll be laughing too if we heard it. I shake my head and smile.

   ‘It’s true! You address Hyun Seung and Seungho as ‘Oppa’ and for me, it’s ‘sunbae’? That’s sounds old! Yahh.. I’m not that old you know. Just two years older than you and Yoseob.’ He looks at me, still not satisfied. I laugh.

   ‘Oppa? Ahjussi sounds older. Do you want me to call you that, Jung Soo ahjussi?’ I look at him. He laughs and knocks my head. ‘And, in fact, calling you as ‘oppa’, its sounds weird.. and bad. and weeeiirrdd… and awkward..and bad too… and ….

   ‘Yah..Yah.. Aren’t you gonna stop it?’ He looks at me. I laugh.

   ‘And you are my sunbae right? What are you doing here by the way?

   ‘I have a one-hour gap and now waiting for Hyun Seung and Doo Joon.’ He looks into the guy’s toilet. ‘What are they doing in there? It’s been half an hour.

   ‘Yahh, sunbae. You are just exaggerating.’ I laugh hearing his words. He loves to exaggerate, making ridiculous things sounds funny, love to talk so much. I see somebody is walking towards us.

   ‘Seungho oppa!’ I smile and wave at him. He smile and wave back at me. By the time he’s coming to us, Yoseob get out from the toilet, along with Hyun Seung and..

   ‘Sunbae, who is he?’ I whisper at Jung Soo beside me.

   ‘Doo Joon-shii, this is my dongsaeng, Shin Soo Jae. Soo Jae-ah, this is Yoon Doo Joon. Our new classmate.’ Jung Soo put his hand around my shoulder. The boy beside Yoseob looks at me, and he freezes.

   ‘You?’ Doo Joon point at me. Jung Soo, Hyun Seung and Seungho look at Doo Joon.

   ‘What do you mean, Doo Joon-shii? You know her already?’ Seungho asks him.

   ‘No!’ I quickly say to Seungho oppa.

   ‘Yes!’ But, Doo Joon gives an opposite answer from me. I look at him and frown. What the..? Yoseob look at him too. He pauses. Then, he walks towards me and lower down his head, putting his face just in front of my face. He has to do that because he’s tall, taller than Jung Soo. He smiles.

   ‘Soo Jae-ya, nae yoja chingu-ga.’ He put one of his hands on my head.