Girlfriend?

You're the Reason I'm Smiling

 

   ‘Mwo?!’ All of us say at the same time, including me. That is really a ridiculous statement. This is just the second time we met and I’m already becoming his girlfriend? His girlfriend?! I push him away.

   ‘Yahh.. Soo Jae-ah. Why didn’t you tell me? You guys didn’t seem to know each other in the train during this morning.’ Yoseob look at me with some kind of frustration. You gotta be kidding me. I look at Doo Joon, asking him to explain. He smiles at me. What the heck with that smile. Okay. That is cute.

   ‘But..’ I try to explain.

   ‘Train? Meaning?’ Hyun Seung looks at me.

   ‘But, Doo Joon said that he just came back from U.S.. So, how can you be his girlfriend?’  It’s Seungho’s turn to ask me. Is this an interrogation? And am I the guilty person here?

   ‘Yahh… No wonder you didn’t want to call me ‘oppa’ just now. So, this is the reason.’ Jung Soo adds up. I look at Doo Joon again. I can see he’s trying not to laugh. Okay. You wanna play? Let’s play then.

   ‘What do you mean he just came back, Seungho oppa? He came back few weeks ago. It just happens that we met for a few times and he falls for me, then he asks me to become his girlfriend and I accept it. Seeing the ‘sincerity’ in his eyes at that time. Am I right Doo Joon ‘oppa’?’ I give him the sweetest smile I ever give to a person. He looks stunned. But then he smiles and nods his head. All of them fall silent. Jung Soo and Yoseob look at me.

   ‘Didn’t you believe me?’ I ask to both of them. It seems that only Hyun Seung and Seungho believe that.

   ‘Nahh..’ Yoseob says.

   ‘Nope. Not even a word.’ Jung Soo adds up. They know me very well. I try to hide my smile and shrug.

   ‘Suit yourself then.’ I walk pass them. Better I go now before I burst out my laugh in front of them.

   ‘Yahh..Shin Soo Jae! Wait up!’ Yoseob follows me, and walk beside me. I glance at him. I think he has seen my smile just now.

   ‘I knew it. You were just lying.’ Yoseob laugh. I shrug.

   ‘Told ya, suit yourself. I’m not saying anything anymore.’ I give him a smile. Yoseob pinch and pull my nose. I didn’t manage to dodge it. I bet, my nose had turn into red now.

   ‘Yang Yoseob!’ I pull one of his ears. He laughs.

   ‘Yahh.. You look really cute! No wonder Doo Joon hyung falls for you!’ He teases me. I punch his shoulder, but then I laugh too.