It's him??

You're the Reason I'm Smiling

 

Mr. Kim Moon-chul is teaching Financial Management at the front class. I’m so bored. I yawn and look at Yoseob beside me. He’s writing something in his notebook. I write something on a piece of paper, and give it to him. He reads it. I can see he’s smiling after he read my writing.

I’m bored!

Yoseob writes: Na-du! Let’s get out from the back of the class.

I reply him: You gotta be kidding me. You know how Mr. Kim is. He’ll know right after we get up from our seats!

Yoseob almost laugh when he reads my reply. Then, he writes something on the paper.

Of course I’m just kidding. We’ve been in his class for few months already. We both know him very well. Plus, we’re like the wanted kids. Haha..So, what should we do?

I reply him: Let’s play Bingo!

   ‘Bingo again?? But, we just play it during..’ Yoseob look at my face. I quickly hold a finger to my lips, asking him to lower down his voice.

   ‘Yes, Yang Yoseob? Do you wanna tell the class about something? You can come to the front if you want to.’ Mr. Kim says from the front. I guess, it’s too late then. I elbow him. The whole class is looking at us now.

   ‘I already give you the signal to lower down your voice!’ I whisper slowly while my head still heading to the front.

   ‘But, it’s a late signal!’ Yoseob doing the same act as I am as he gets up.  

   ‘Ms. Shin Soo Jae might want to share something with us too?’ Mr. Kim looks at me. Oh gosh. Should I get up? Yoseob suddenly pull my hand to get up. What a ‘great’ friend he is. I eye him. He gives me a cute smile. I shake my head.

   ‘err.. I don’t think so, Mr. Kim. Yoseob and I are just discussing something about your teaching just now. There’s something Yoseob aren’t so sure about and he asks for my confirmation. Right Yoseob?’ I look at him and give a grin to him and Mr. Kim.

   ‘Right!

   Mr. Kim looks at me, then he look at Yoseob.

   ‘But, I think I heard a ‘Bingo’ word, isn’t it right Yoseob?

Yoseob look at me. I give him a sign to answer him quickly. If not, he’ll be more suspicious.

   ‘Yeah. Of course, Mr. Kim. I’m just saying the word ‘Bingo’ because I’m agreeing with what Jae is saying. Like when she explained to me about the fact, I suddenly like.. ‘Bingo!’ yes.. like that. Because I’m strongly agree with her. Right, Jae?’ Yoseob look at me. I nod my head wildly. Mr. Kim eyes us and sighs after that.

   ‘You both should pay more attention, since the final exam is just around the corner. Especially you, Soo Jae.’ Mr. Kim says and then continues his teaching. Yoseob look at me with a naughty smile.

   ‘Dae. Mr. Kim.’ I say slowly and sit down. ‘The final exam is next month, still a long way to go.’ I mumble to myself. ‘It’s your fault!’ I say to Yoseob and knock his head.

   ‘Mianeh. But, it’s true right? We just play that game in the lecture before this!’ He whispers to me. I turn his head to the front.

   ‘Fine then. Hey, do you remember the guy we met in the train during this morning?’ We’re talking as slow as we can while pretending to look at the front. Mr. Kim has really sharp ears.

   ‘Yeah. Waegurae-yo? Had crush on him?’ Yoseob smile but then he pauses. ‘But, he seems familiar, isn’t he?’ I think for a while. Then, I shake my head.

   ‘Not for me. Never met him before.’ I drop on some of the notes from Mr. Kim. Then, I look at Yoseob. He’s thinking about something.

   ‘I think I know him.’ He put the end of his pen in his mouth. I look at his face. Yoseob has a really cute face. He usually wears spectacle when we have classes. That’s what makes him cuter. Whatever he does, he will always look cute. His smile and even his act. No wonder Sunghye falls for him. Yoseob and I had been friends since we both get into this university, which is March last year. The first day of the class we met, we had already been like a close friend. Yoseob wave his hand in front of my face. I throw my heads to the back, kind of shock.

   ‘Did you hear what I said just now?

   ‘Yeah, you said you know him.

   ‘I said, I think I know him.

   ‘You know him then.’ I shrug. Yoseob sighs. I give him a victorious smile. Mr. Kim finishes his class and takes the things. The moment he opens the door, I saw the glimpse of the guy in the train.

   ‘Yah! It’s him!’ I point at the door and pat Yoseob’s shoulder beside me vigorously. Luckily Mr. Kim is already out and didn’t hear what I said just now.

   ‘Yahh.. What’s wrong with you? Du gu ya?’ Yoseob look at the door too.

   ‘The guy from the train! Is he following me or something? Omo. Seobie-ya, safe me!’ I hold his arm. He wriggles his hand to loosen my hand’s grip.

   ‘Yah! Are you on drugs or something?  It’s no way that he’ll be here!’ Yoseob laugh. But, the moment Yoseob finish his words, someone opens the door from the outside and lean his body inside.

   ‘Ahh..Wrong class again.’ He says. Yoseob and I both stunned looking at the guy who just closes back the door. Both of us freeze.

   ‘Soo Jae-ya. Do you know this question? I can’t answer it.’ Someone come and put her book in front of me. Both of us jump hearing the small thump of the book. Then, we lift our head to the person in front of us. Ji Ra looks back and forth from Yoseob to me.

   ‘O-kay.. I’ll ask someone else.’ She passes us and walks to the back.

   ‘Is it just me or it’s really him?’ I look at Yoseob.

   ‘It’s really him.