Chapter 23

Vixx lesson: don't fall in love

Ravi dragged me to the parking lot where he finally let go of my hand. I was waiting for him to start screaming and scolding that this was exactly what he had told me would happen and stuff like that, but he just stood there and stared at me.

“Get in the car.” He said after a time that felt like forever. I was shocked.

“W-what? You’re not going to say anything about them?” I asked and pointed at all the students who were staring out from the restaurant, not so discreet. He didn’t even bather to look at them.

“There’s not so much we can do about it now anyway, so would you just like to get in to the car?” he begged and I did as he said. The nervousness from people looking started to grow in my stomach. Had people really nothing better to do than stare at two people who were basically just eating breakfast together? It’s not like it was any news that I used to hang around them. I saw Sun Hi’s face one last time before Ravi sat the pedal to the medal and drove away. She looked disappointed. I mean it wasn’t just me who wasn’t attending to school, neither BaekHyun, Kris nor Tao was! I’m sure that she had other friends, but I knew the feeling of being left alone and that feeling wasn’t that awesome. But there wasn’t much I could do either! It wasn’t like I could just tell her everything, that wouldn’t just complicate me, it would affect VIXX and EXO as well. I thought about sending a text to apologize, but I didn’t want to come up with a story and lie to her!

When the car stopped outside of the big mansion VIXX called home I just felt like going back to bed again. Ravis presence didn’t help anymore. Mom would have called this depression, but I knew that it wasn’t that. I had learned that now. I entered the house with a sigh. I didn’t even notice that no one greeted me, and I couldn’t hear any noise from the kitchen or the living room. Where was everyone? It was dark all over the place. I concentrated my ears, even though they wasn’t fully developed, but couldn’t hear anything. Had they left? The fear started to grow and I turned around to ask Ravi, but he wasn’t there anymore and the door was closed and locked from outside. I was trapped and started to panic.

 Then, suddenly it appeared people from every corner of the house.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they all screamed. I got so surprised and happy at the same time. I busted in to laugh while everyone came and hugged me. I had totally forgotten my birthday. But I wondered why my mom hadn’t reminded me with a mile long poem about how important my birth was and how much I meant to her and dad. Soon enough I got the answer. A feminine and familiar voice appeared in my ears.

“Happy birthday sweaty!” she said between the kisses and hugged me tight. “I thought I never was going to see your pretty face again, because you spend so much time here!”

“Mom, I have missed you!” I whispered to her. Not because it made any difference for the guys, because they could hear anyway, but it felt more private then. “Is dad here too?”

“Do you seriously think I would miss my daughters 17th birthday?” a deep voice said loud. My dad hugged me. “And I wanted to check out the persons my daughter practically live with nowadays.” He took a serious look at everyone, from head to toe and grumped sometimes. I looked around to see where BaekHyun was, but I couldn’t see him.

Two hours later when D.O had fed us with a delicious cake everyone was just chitchatting with each other. I sat with Luhan in the couch and talked about the art of making a perfect ponytail when I heard my dad stopping Kris by the kitchen door.

“So… you call yourself ‘Kris’,” he said. Kris answered polite yes. “But that’s not your real name, right?” my father continued his quiz.

“No, sir. My correct name is Wu Yifan.” He replied. Dad nodded.

“Right… Do you live here with my daughter too?”

“No, we live in another area. About an hour from here.”

“Aha! And are you like… in to her, or what you kids say?” My dad was completely serious. I got so shocked by the question that I putted the drink in the wrong way and had to clear my throat. Kris looked pretty shocked he too.

“N-no, sir! She’s just a good friend!” he said after recovering from the shock.

“Good.” My dad said and putted his arm around Kris neck. “Then, let’s have a man to man talk!” he took a pause again. Well, this was going to be awkward, I had to do something.

“My daughter lives with six guys in one house and from what I see, you seem pretty close. I trust my daughter, but you never know what these guys can have in their mind! And as a father I’m kind of concerned. Do you see my point?” he asked and looked deep into Kris eyes. He slowly nodded his head as respond. My fear started to grow. “It’s not like I’m asking you to stalk her or be an guardian angel or something, but maybe you would consider telling me if she’s up to something?” he asked. I could see that Kris was feeling a little bit troubled, and I didn’t blame him. My father could be a little bit overprotective sometimes, I defiantly had to do something. I stood up and hurried to dad and linked arms with him.

“Dad, do you want me to show you around?” I said with my sweetest voice and grinned at him. Kris gave me a relived look and smiled as thanks.

“Sure, honey.” Dad smiled and gave Kris a last serious look before getting dragged away.

 

I showed him around downstairs and he commented almost every room. I noticed that BaekHyun still hadn’t returned, so I told dad to look around for himself a while.

“Tao, where’s BaekHyun?” I asked concerned. It didn’t feel right to celebrate my birthday without BaekHyun. Tao looked around as well and frowned his forehead when he didn’t   see him.

“He should be back by now…” he said. Like on order the door suddenly opened and BaekHyun entered. It had apparently rained, because he was all wet. In his hands he held a small packet. He noticed me and came smiling at me.

“Happy birthday, Hanna!” he said and hugged me without caring if he was wet. I smiled as well and hugged him too. Now I could enjoy the party, when everyone was here. Even Ravi was here, which the thought of made me warm inside.

Later when we had socialized for almost four hours I started to feel that my eyes were getting heavier. I yawned and looked at everyone else. They looked tired as well.

“Are you staying for the night?” I asked everyone that didn’t live here, but mostly my parents.

“Yeah, I think that stood in the invitation.” Mom said and hugged me. God, I had missed her.

“I go make your beds.” N offered himself. My mom insisted on going with him and dad followed too. I felt that I had to get some air before going to bed. It was not kind of chilly outside so I took a sweater with me. Outside I saw Ravi. I froze before taking a seat a few meters away f rom him.

“Hi.” I said. He turned his head to look at me before he nodded to show that he had seen me. I decided to stay outside with him for a while. After ten minutes of silence he chose to speak. His voice was deep and cold, as usual.

“You know this is your last normal day as ‘human’, right?” He said without looking at me. I shock my head. I didn’t know that. “Well, you always starting to change a few weeks before your last birthday. And after that day…” he almost sounded like he felt sorry for me. His voice was not so cold anymore and then he looked at me. I was actually scared of what was going to happen. Ravi had already told me that it would hurt, a lot.

“How long does the transformation take?” I asked, afraid of the answer. Ravi sighed.

“It depends on…” that was all he was going to say about it. After a while I sighed as well.

“But don’t worry, the most people survive.” He added and went in. My mind was like frozen. The most? Could I actually die? I shock my head. I was not going to die. I shivered.

Inside the party had started again, but this time without my parents. I smirked at Chanyeol and BaekHyun who were doing some kind of game, including a lot of slaps when they answered wrong on the other person’s question. Xiumin, Ken and Chen were playing a video game, which were all about racing. To the left of me Sehun, Luhan, Tao, Hongbin and Leo were watching a movie. Action movie. Luhan and Sehun were lying in a pile on the couch with Leo by their foots. Tao and Hongbin were placed on the floor. The other ones are probably upstairs, I thought when I heard a noise from the kitchen. I could hear D.O screaming at someone about doing everything wrong. Poor thing, who was faced with him. Because from what I had seen, no one mess up in the kitchen when D.O’s there. Everyone was so concentrated at what they were doing that they didn’t see me. I just stood there and smiled like an idiot, while watching them. It was so relaxing seeing them in such a “normal” act. Then N came rushing down the stair.

“So, the adults are asleep! What are we doing?” he said and came up to me. He smiled as usual. Then he putted his arm around my neck and brought me with him to the living room, where they were watching movie. “What would our birthday child like to do?” he asked, while everyone was staring. I hated this, even if I knew everyone. Lucky for me, I didn’t have to answer. Because I could hear singing from the kitchen. I recognized the lyrics directly. It was another version of “Happy Birthday”. I blushed of embarrassment when everyone in the room joined in and stood in a circle around me, singing for me. Then D.O came in with a happy face, carrying something. Hyuk came behind him. It smelled good, and then I realized that I hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast. Except for cake, of course. On the plate D.O was carrying it was a delicious meal prepared. Everything I liked was there, meat with sauce and rice, chicken, chocolate, everything in small dishes. I smiled at them all. Then D.O putted the plate on the table, on the seat of honor. I took a seat and couldn’t stop staring at all the good stuff on the plate. The rest of the boys took a seat as well and I dug in on the meal in front of them. Fortunately, D.O had made food for everyone, so I didn’t have to eat alone. At that time I realized that I actually was really hungry. I had BaekHyun to my right and Tao to the left.

“Where did you go before? For so long!” I asked and leaned closer to BaekHyun. The other ones were talking loud and laughing, but I focused on BaekHyun.

“Did you open the gift?” he responded. I shock my head. “Then you’ll see!”

“Hanna, do you accept?” Hyuk screamed suddenly. I looked up from BaekHyun, surprised.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“Are you accepting the challenge?” he asked again and couldn’t stop laughing. Even though I didn’t know what to accept I smirked and nodded. I didn’t want to be a party killer. Everyone cheered, and I started to feel that this maybe wasn’t a good decision. Then everyone stood up and Tao dragged me up on the table. It was loud from people laughing and enjoying themselves and I could see from the corner of my eye that even Ravi smiled amused. What had I really accepted to?

 

 

=======================================****************************************************======================================

                                                                                                 Authors Note

Hi everyone! This is my first author note (a little bit late but…). I hope you like my fanfic! Though, I have a little problem with Ravi and Hanna… But I’ll do my best to get it right! Please comment! : ) <3