Chapter 21

Vixx lesson: don't fall in love

“Stop the car!” I screamed. BaekHyun looked at me. He looked confused.

“Are you ok?” he asked. I panicked.  Even if I tried denying it, I still could hear the voice clearly. The same voice as that woman. She said just the same thing as Ravi had said in the dream. I couldn’t breathe.

“Stop the car!” I screamed again. BaekHyun looked really concurred. Then he stopped and looked at me. I didn’t say anything.

“Hanna, do you hear voices?” he asked and I nodded. He nodded to and picked up his phone. After some button pressing he putted down his phone again and took a jump out of the car. He walked around it and opened my door. Then he helped me up on his back and told me to hold on, no matter what. He took a jump in the air and suddenly I could feel fur under my body. I took a steady grip and turned my head down. It smelled like some kind of mix between a dog and BaekHyun. He ran really fast! After a time that felt like forever he stopped. Right before I felt that I couldn’t hold on any longer! When he stopped Tao stood there and helped me of BaekHyun. He took my hand and led me to the house, which I hadn’t noticed before now. It was big and had a lot of windows. I knew exactly where I was. I looked confused on BaekHyun who had turned back to human now. He gave me an expression that I didn’t really know how to take. N came rushing out from the house. He screamed my name. I looked at him. Right then I got a headache. I felt like my head was going to explode. I didn’t really know what I did. Suddenly I just sat on the ground and everything was spinning. I screamed. Those words kept repeating over and over again. Then suddenly I felt some hand on my shoulders and my head stopped spinning. I looked up and saw Ravi. He looked really mad. I didn’t dare to do anything. BaekHyun helped me up. I had never seen him so tensed before.

“We need to get her inside!” N said and took my hand. He dragged me softly to the front door. “Are you coming?” he turned around and asked the rest. “She needs you! All of you!” he added and looked Ravi deep into the eyes. “And that goes for you too, werewolves!”  he said and took me inside.

When we got inside he brought me to one of the room upstairs without any windows. He putted me in the bed and left again. After a few seconds he came back with a bowl with water and a glass. First he let me drink, then he dabbed me with some cold water.

“How long has she heard the voice?” he asked.

“ Two days!” BaekHyun said from the door opening. N nodded.

“How did it start?”

“She had a dream. A nightmare.” They acted like I didn’t existed. I was here to, why couldn’t he just ask me? Then Ravi came. He snorted.

“Don’t you dare leave!” N said without even look at Ravi. “Help her instead.”

“It’s fine!” I said. I tried to sit up, but N holds me down. “N, let me sit up straight! I’m fine now!” I said. He just shock his head.

“Hanna, I don’t think you understand how serious this is!” he said. Of course I knew! I knew that everything in this house and around VIXX was serious! But would the whole world crash if I just sat up? I had enough. I bended away Ns arm and pushed him away.

“Don’t treat me like a baby! I’m just fine so please let me sit up straight!” I said. “If I feel ill later I’ll make sure to tell you so you can nurse me!” I added when I saw his expression. With that said I took a step out of the bed and looked around in the room to see if anyone had something to say. Then I nodded and left the room. I wouldn’t let them treat me like a prisoner. I could be ok with staying here, but no way that I would lay down in a bed the whole time.

I went to the garden, where I found Leo. He looked confused and me. And ashamed. He was just about to say something, but I didn’t let him.

“Save it Leo! I know it wasn’t you the other night!” I said to him. He nodded and started to walk away. I was really tired, but I felt like talking to Leo. So I ran to catch up with him. We walked together for a time. “I’m not mad at you!” I said after a while. He looked at me. He looked so sad that I just wanted to hug him.

“Hanna, what I did… I don’t care if you want to hear this or not, but what I did… I don’t ever want that to happen to you again. And if you walk with me like this… you’re not safe!” he said. I sighed.

“Everyone tells me that I’m not safe! And I’m sick of it! If you’re so worried, teach me! Teach me how to fight, how to defend myself or whatever! I’m not scared!” I looked at Leo. He almost smiled, so I smiled.

“Even if you say that, thing will still get messed up! And you will be scared, maybe not because you’re threated, because someone else is!” he said. “Though, I understand that you need to learn how to fight! How good are you?” he said and punched me in the stomach. I lost my breath and groaned. “Well, you !” he said and smiled. “We need to work on that!” Then he walked on and I had to hurry to catch up again.

Later when we got back to the house we heard a noise. When we got in the wolves and VIXX were in a fight. Some of them fought and some of them had some kind of staring contest. All I could do was just to stare at them. Then I looked up on Leo. He just gave a hunch. Then Luhan and Ken passed by, fighting. When did the rest of EXO come? I took a steady grip in Luhans T-shirt and dragged him from Ken. Leo grabbed Ken.

“What are you doing?!” I asked Luhan. When he saw me he smiled.

“Hello Hanna! You’re back!” he said. When he saw my very mad face he added. “Ah, you mean this? I don’t know, everyone already fought when I got here, so I just joined in!” he said. I looked out again. How could this have happened?

“Stay right here, and don’t beat up anyone!” I said and walked right through the crowd of fighting guys. When I got to BaekHyun and N I stopped. They froze when they saw me. I glared at them and my face was dark.

“What is this?” I screamed. “Why are you fighting? Do you call this a safe area for me?” I was so pissed that I could explode. They didn’t answer, just looked down in the floor. “You’ve got nothing to say? Fine, if you want to fight, that’s fine for me! But I’m leaving!” I said and turned my back to them.

“They clamed that you were theirs…” BaekHyun said. I turned around again.

“What?!” I asked. N kept looking down in the floor. “Are you kidding me?” I said.

“I don’t really know what’s gone in to me!” N said ashamed. I was completely flabbergasted. “I just got this feeling to protect you, and you were one of us… So it just felt right to say that! I’m so sorry Hanna, I’m just so confused!” he said and kept looking down. When I saw him some of the rage ran of me. I knew they didn’t control themselves sometimes, so how could I be mad? N looked so miserable. 

“N, don’t you ever dare say something like that again! No one owns me! But I accept your apology!” I said. “But please end this!” I added and pointed at the fighting crowd. He whistled. First no one noticed but the second time at least VIXX reacted and lined up next to him. The wolves did the same thing on the other side of the room.

“What I said before… I’m sorry for that! I’ve apologized to Hanna so lets end this!” he said loudly so everyone would hear. Though I noticed that someone wasn’t here. Ravi. When I looked up I could see him on the second floor. He looked down at me and looked pretty… did he look jealous? I didn’t get to check because he turned his head away and started to walk towards the stair.

“Hanna needs protection…” he said as he slowly took one step at the time. “She needs both us and the wolves… But we can’t stay under the same roof, and at the same time some crazy woman controls us! Hanna won’t let her self get guarded! Am I the only one who sees a problem?” Ravi said. I felt that I couldn’t just stand there.

“Leo said that he would teach me how to fight! So I can defend myself!” I said and glared at Ravi. I did not want to look defenseless! He smiled.

“But you don’t even know what’s going on with your body, Hanna!” he said. Now I was speechless! Did he? It felt weird if a guy knew more about my body that me!

“Then what’s going on with me…?” I asked after a while with a low voice. Ravi took my arm and dragged me with him upstairs.

He pushed me into a dark room with a desk in the middle. Then he switched the light and I could see a lot of books and bookshelves. It looked like some kind of library.

“Do you see this?” he asked and pointed at a picture of and angel. I nodded.

“You see, when you reach a special age and have the blood of angels in your veins you turn to an angel. N has probably already told you this. However we think that you have reached that age and are now about to turn. The progress to become an angel is not so simple and it’s pretty… painful! As you know, our mission is to kill demons, like that Fiend from the school! The reason demons find us is because they’re attracted to our blood, and when you turn your blood smells the most. That’s why you need protection, Hanna! Plus the tiny detail that there is someone who controls us and trying to kill you!” Ravi took a pause and looked down in the floor.

“Then why do I feel so dragged to you?” I whispered after a few seconds. Ravi looked up and deep into my eyes.

“The reason… My uncle told me about that once! He said that when two people share almost the same kind of . . .  , like DNA except it’s for angels, meet they immediately starting to feel some connection… Like sole mates! I can understand you better and just like you’ve noticed I can talk right to your mind. Sometimes you give me straight and both of us help each other in different ways all the time. I work as your nemesis and you work as mine!” Ravi said with his deep voice.

“So that’s why her voice disappeared when you putted your hands on my shoulders!” I said. He nodded. But he looked very serious.

“This is very dangerous, Hanna! You cannot have feelings for me! SHE can use it against both of us! My uncle warned me too for something!” he said. “Please Hanna, keep a distance from me!” he added and left the room. It felt like someone had given me a cake and then right before I would eat it he took it away and gave me a punch in the stomach instead. Did that mean he liked me, but he just weren’t allowed to? I felt so confused. It was to much information at the same time. I stumbled out where someone helped me to my bed and I fell asleep.