Chapter 17

Vixx lesson: don't fall in love

No matter how much I tried, I still couldn’t sleep.  As soon as I closed my eyes Ravi came up in my head. Ravi covered in blood, dying.  I used my hearing to hear if he was asleep. When I heard that he was doing something I decided to go to him.  I lifted the duvet from me and walked as quiet as I could over the floor, when something hit me. An angel they say… That would mean… I focused on my legs and could feel the speed in my stomach. I took as set and jumped, because that’s what I’ve seen Ravi do. The results were nothing… I ran in normal tempo, maybe just a little bit faster and was very noisy! By this time everyone in the house probably already had heard me… Why didn’t it work?

“What are you doing?” Ravi said behind me. I turned around.

“Nothing, just…” I said embarrassed. “What are you doing up? Shouldn’t you be in bed?” I asked as he continued to walk. I followed him.

“I was thirsty… “ he said and took a glass.

“You could have called me, I could get it.” I said. He looked at me with a smirk.

“What are you, my wife?” he said and took a deep sup. I stared at him! Why was he so cold suddenly? I thought we were past that already. He saw my confused face and smiled.

“Hanna, don’t misunderstand before… I still don’t want you here, and don’t think I like protecting you!” he said and started to walk. It felt like a punch in my stomach.

“What?” I said. He stopped and turned around. His eyes were cold.

“You didn’t hear me? I said that I’ll protect you, but don’t think I like it. And I don’t want to band of anything like that! So please, if you can, don’t talk to me!” he said and left. S there I stood, all alone, pathetic and dismissed. But I still couldn’t believe it! If he said he didn’t want to band and didn’t want to talk to me… Why had he said that about always being on my side? Always? When I got to my room my tears started to roll down on the cheek. I knew it was lame, but I felt so lonely! Had he just played with me? And why did he always make me feel so bad? I couldn’t remember when, but at some point I fell asleep. I woke up by the noise of someone using the mixer. I looked at the clock. ARE 10:30 it showed? I lifted of the duvet and putted my feet in the slippers.  My hair was in an ugly ponytail and I didn’t bather to change to other closes. When I got to the kitchen N smiled at me. The other guys looked strange at me. They had probably heard the conversation from yesterday.

“So that’s how a girl looks in the morning…” Ken said and checked me out. I ignored him and took a seat by the table.

“Would you like a smoothie, Hanna?” N asked. I nodded. He gave me a pink drink that tasted like strawberry and raspberry. Then I turned to Ken.

“I thought you saw girls all the time in the morning…” I said, but I didn’t actually really care. He shook his head.

“People say that… But we don’t really have so much spare time!” he answered.

“Why are you like that? Were you born to angels?” I asked. 

“No… Or yes… You don’t get born like this, but you have it in your blood since you are born. Some people transform in early age and some when they’re older. It’s rare, but some people don’t change at all…” he said. Now things started to get interesting!

“And when did you turn?” I asked. They looked at each other.

“Long ago… You see, when you turn you stop aging!” Ken said. I looked shocked at him.

“What?! So you mean, that if I’m turning… I’ll stay in the same age?” they nodded. “But when will I die?” I asked. They looked down in the table. I didn’t want to hear the answer. “Don’t tell me I have to fight! I’ve never fought in my whole life! And I defiantly don’t want to kill something, even how creepy it is!” I said. Ken looked up and smiled a little. I knew what his face was saying: ‘Then you’ll die pretty fast…’ It was written all over it. I swallowed hard.

“We’ll teach you how to fight! You see, we can’t loose you! You have…” Hongbin ended the sentence there when all the other stared at him. Something was strange.

“What were you about to say?” I asked. I had a bad feeling.

 “Nothing, Hanna! Just forget it!” he said and smiled at me. I tried but I still couldn’t. Though, I didn’t ask more about it… Later on the day Baekhyun texted me.

Him: “Hanna, we missed you today! How are you?” he asked. I hesitated before I texted him back.

Me: “I’m just fine… I’ll be there tomorrow!” I promised. He responded with a happy smiley. Then I felt someone behind me. And I knew whom.

“I thought you didn’t want to band or anything like that!” I said as cold as I could.

“So I’m not allowed to walk in my own house?” he asked. His house? This was all his?

“And what brought you to my room?” I asked. I have to say, he was better on this cold-thing than me! I could feel him smile…

“The view…” he said and walked to the window. He was right, the view was amazing! “Don’t think of going to school tomorrow!” he said as he looked out.  I was shocked.

“What? Of course I have to go to school!” I said. He turned to me.

“No, it’s dangerous!” he said.

“But if I don’t go I’ll fail in all the subjects and my friends will wonder!” I started to get mad, but he didn’t change his expression. For him there was no discussion. But I wasn’t finished. I took a deep breath and glared at his eyes.

“You can’t stop me!” he didn’t change his face. “And how can it be safer here? You’ll beat the school to!” I said. He shook his head. I couldn’t stand it. “Fine… “ I said, opened the door to the balcony and jumped out. When I hit the grass I looked up and saw Ravi by the fence and looked for me. I pretended that it didn’t hurt when I walked into the forest, even if I could feel the pain all the way from my foot and up in the leg. When I got out of sight from the house I took a seat on a rock. My legs hurt. I looked at the mobile clock PM 17:17 it showed.  I sighed. No way that I would go back now. So, I took a look around. It was very warm for being so late… What had Sun Hi said about them? Right, one of them had a house in Italy! Could we possible be there? Had Ravi flew me to Italy? Then I heard something behind me! There was something in the shadows… I looked closer to see what it was, and out from the shadows Leo came.  As usual, he looked mysterious, he looked at me and walked fast. But he didn’t stoop when he stood next to me, he continued deeper into the forest. I followed.