Chapter 19

Vixx lesson: don't fall in love

Of course I couldn’t sleep that night either. I kept thinking of what N had told me. They had turned 500 years ago… that’s pretty much! And all they have done is to kill demons? That doesn’t sound fair. After all, they were just 17 when they tuned to angels. I gave up on trying to get some sleep. Instead I went up to get some air. My phone buzzed.

Beakhyun: “Are you ok? You haven’t been to school in a while… Are they doing something to you?” he texted. I texted back.

Me: “I’m just fine, thank you! Have I missed a lot?”

Beakhyun: ”Na, mostly boring stuff like dessert after lunch and the teachers were sick, so we got a lot of canceled classes… And can you believe this, we watched movies instead of leaning math!” he answered and added a smiley. I laughed.

Me: “Thank you, Beakhyun!”

Beakhyun: “Are you sure you’re ok? Do you want me to come and beat them up?”

Me: “That would be nice!” I joked. 

Beakhyun: “Good, I’ll be there in 5 minutes!” he answered.  I smiled again.

I ended up walking in the garden. There were a lot of strange trees here. It was beautiful. So many different colors mixed with the moonlight, just like a dream. I missed mom and dad. My mom would have loved this garden. And I missed Sun Hi, Beakhyun, Kris and Tao. I missed joking, here everything was so serious. Then someone picked on my shoulder. I turned around. It was Hongbin.  I smiled at him.

“Hi” he said and took a seat next to me. “Why are you here?” he asked.

“I couldn’t sleep.” I said. He nodded. We sat there for a while, quiet. Everything in this garden was so peaceful. “And you? You couldn’t sleep either?” I asked

“Well, someone have to watch…” he said. Right, demons. Serious.

“Is there any chance that I can leave? Just for a few days?” I asked after a while. He looked suspicious at me and shook his head.

“No, it’s to dangerous.” He said with a apologetic voice. I sighed.

“Please! I miss my friends!” I begged. He kept shaking his head.

“Let her go!” Ravi said a few meters away. I got so surprised that I screamed. “She has Beakhyun and DO! I don’t know how good Kris and Tao is, but they can always do something to help.” He said. Ravi sounded pretty mad. I got a little bit scared of him. “Besides, I think she’s safer for her with them right now…” he added after a while.

“Hyung… “ Hongbin said but he didn’t get to finish.

“If you promise to come back when we say so!” Ravi turned to me. I nodded. Then something landed on the other side of the garden. The minute after there landed two more. It looked just like… was it wolves? The wolves transformed to humans. Of course. Were there more creatures than angels? They started to walk towards us. When they got a bit closer I saw whom they were. I got so shocked that I almost couldn’t stand straight. I gasped. Right in front of me Beakhyun stood, looking at me. He came to me and took my hand. He looked concerned.

“Hanna, how are you?” he asked. This was just too much. And of course the tears started to stream from my eyes. Not Beakhyun too. Please. I cried.

“Take me away.” I whispered. Beakhyun nodded. Behind Beakhyun there was two more guys. One of then I recognized. It was DO. But the other one… I had never seen him. He was really cute, actually.  Beakhyun putted me on his back. I turned my head to Ravi and Hongbin, who watched us.

“Thank you!” I whispered to them. Hongbin smiled and nodded, but Ravi just turned away his head and left. Then Beakhyun jumped up into the air and ran away. It felt comforting leaning my head to Beakhyuns back. It felt warm and safe., not human, but safe. Like flying with Ravi. We landed on another big roof.  Had he jumped?

“We’re here!” Beakhyun said and smiled at me. I smiled back.

“I didn’t know you weren’t human either! Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.

“Well, it’s not something you just hasps out in the school cafeteria… Hi Hanna, nice to meet you! I’m a werewolf! ” he said. I rolled my eyes. I still was in some kind of shock. Then the other two landed. DO come straight at me and nodded. But he didn’t stop to greet. He just continued pass by me with a smile as hi.

“Sorry about that, he’s a little bit stressed…” the other guy said and smiled at me.

“Hi, I’m Luhan!” he said and took my hand. I smiled at him too. So cute.

“Hanna” I said.

“I know!” he blinked. “Everyone’s talking about you!”

“Everyone?” how many is that?

“Yeh, they wait for you downstairs…” Luhan started to walk and took me with him.

“How many are they? From school?” I swallowed hard. I didn’t want to get any attention.

“12, including me!” Luhan said and smiled. His smile was adorable. ”Don’t worry, it’s only Kris and Tao from your school. Besides from Beakhyun and DO of course!” I nodded. If Kris and Tao were there I felt safe, and Beakhyun. Besides, I liken Luhan! He seemed nice. I followed him to the stairs. It looked a lot like VIXX house. I wondered why Ravi had let me go easy? Maybe because he didn’t want to band! I muttered while waking. Sometimes Luhan looked at me skeptical, but he didn’t ask about it. When we got to the door I heard voices. A lot of voices. Beakhyun had staid on the roof to keep watch. Not because I knew what he was waiting for… Then I heard Kris voice. He laughed. Luhan opened the door. Then he blinked at me.

“She’s here!” he shouted when he passed the threshold. Everyone stopped talking and turned their heads to me. I searched for a familiar face in the crowd of people and saw Tao smiling at me. I laid my eyes on him for a while. The other guys already stood up and came walking towards Luhan and me. They all gathered in a circle around us. Some of them I had seen before, but I couldn’t remember where… “Guys, this is the famous Hanna!” Luhan said and smiled at me.  I blushed.

“You embarrass her!” Kris said and took my arm. He dragged me out of the circle. “Everybody already knows who she is!” He said and started to walk through the room, which looked like some kind of playroom… There were games, computers and a big couch. When we had left the room I could hear the other guys starting to talk again. I just hoped I wasn’t the subject… now Kris slowed down.  “Sorry about that, you just seemed a little bit entrained…” he said and laughed. “However, you’re very welcome! We’re EXO, or at least that’s what we call us…” Kris said and looked proud. EXO? Where had I heard that? Then it hit me.

“EXO? Wasn’t that what you were suppose to call your band?” I asked. He smiled.

“Well, the name is awesome so!” he said and I laughed. We were outside of another room. “Here you’ll sleep! Beakhyun has stressed everyone to the point so that the room would be nice and clean when you came.” Kris blinked to me.

“How did you know I would come?” I asked. Beakhyun and I talked about this not even an hour ago… Then they had to be really quick! Kris smiled again.

“We knew you missed us!” he said. Then he kissed my cheek and left. So there I stood, in the hall to my room, in EXOs house… Thinking of VIXX! Even if I loved being with my friends and having fun, I still couldn’t get VIXX out of my head. Why did they let me go? At leas I was tired now!