Chapter 20

Vixx lesson: don't fall in love

Next morning when I woke up I felt dizzy. My head was spinning round and round. I tried to get out of bed, but my feet just didn’t want to listen. I closed my eyes, it felt better. Then I focused my ears on the house. It was almost empty. All I could hear was three dogs downstairs. They were asleep. I wondered where everyone had gone, but as soon as I tried to open my eyes my head kept spinning. Then someone knocked at the door. I groaned. The door was ripped up and the person came running to the bed.

“Hanna! You’re bleeding! What happened?” the person asked. I couldn’t concentrate on the person and the voice got all mixed up when he talked. But I was pretty sure that it was a guy next to my bed. I couldn’t talk, and I think that he saw that. “Just stay there, I’ll go and get the other.” Then he was gone. I couldn’t feel anything. I was sweating. I could hear people talk very loud and they were running fast towards my room.

 “Maybe it’s a girl-thing…” someone said.

“Or did she sleepwalk?” someone else said. All the voices sounded the same. Now they were gathered around my bed again. Someone put his hand on my forehead. I opened my eyes again. Everything kept spinning, but now I saw whom everyone were. Ravi stood next to the bed and had his hand on my forehead. But there was something that wasn’t right. His eyes were red and he didn’t look at me the way he usually does. He came closer. Too close.  He whispered in my ear. I couldn’t hear everything, but I heard enough. It was a threat. I didn’t like this. Everyone else was just staring at me and laughed. It looked like they didn’t have any faces. Then the door opened and my mom came in. She carried a bag with something and smiled.

“Honey! I’ve brought some cold water! You look a little bit warm!” she said.

“Mom? Please don’t come any closer!” I said calmly. I didn’t want my mom to get involved. Too late. One of the faceless had already seen her. “No!” I screamed, but mom just smiled and shook her head. The person moved closer to her and took the water. Then he threw it away and attacked her. I screamed. Now the bed had started to jump. The whole room was jumping. I cried, and it didn’t felt like I would ever stop. Over me Ravi flew. He had black wings, not white like he used to.  He looked so dangerous. Then he dived! I was so sure that he would kill me, so I cried even more, if it’s possible. Then suddenly he was next to me in the bed.

“Hanna! Hanna! Calm down, you’re dreaming!” he said calmly. I didn’t believe him. This was too real. I screamed again when he took my shoulders. Then he shook me and kept repeating the words. Everything seemed so logical. Ravi was angry that I had left them fore some werewolves, so he had come to get revenge. I wanted to tell him that I didn’t want to hurt him on purpose but he didn’t want to listen. So I cried. But why did he keep talking about a dream? I wasn’t dreaming! I was sure of it! Maybe I heard wrong. There was something wrong with my ears this morning. I only heard three dogs, but there were a lot of people here! How was that possible? And when did Ravi come? One of the faceless came to the bed and asked Ravi to move aside. Of some reason I didn’t want him close to me either. I tried to move away, but my body didn’t listen, again. He stretched his arm to me. I stared at it. What did he want? Then he took my hand and kissed my forehead.

“Hanna, please! Focus on my voice!” the man said. Then he used the other hand to dry my tears, which were still rushing down on my cheeks. I tried to focus on his voice when he talked to me. I still couldn’t recognize the voice, but I had a feeling that I had heard it before. I stopped crying and tried to calm down. Something cold and wet landed on my forehead. It felt like a towel. It felt better and the bed stopped jumping around. I closed my eyes, because everything had started to spin again. My head felt dizzy. I didn’t dare to open my eyes. Everything was quiet. I couldn’t even hear myself breathing.

“Do you think she’s ok? At least she stopped screaming!” I heard a more human voice.

“I hope so… Hanna, can you hear us? Are you still dreaming?” Beakhyun said. I wanted to say something, or at least nod. But I couldn’t, even how much I tried. I was so tired. “I’ll stay with her…” was the last thing I head before I fell in to a deep sleep. This dream was so much nicer. I walked with Ravi in the woods. He were holding my hand, it felt nice. We walked and smiled at each other. But he didn’t say anything, he just smiled. First it felt natural, like we hadn’t done anything else in our whole lives. But then things started to feel weird. Why did I walk with Ravi? He would never hold my hand and smile at the same time! The worry started to grow in my stomach. Something was wrong, again. When I looked out in the woods someone came walking towards me. A girl. She came closer and closer and when I could see her face I screamed. That red brown, long hair and those green eyes. It was me.

“I wanted you to meet my first love, Hanna.” Ravi said, still smiling. The other me stretched out her pale hand, and smiled a familiar smile. The smile when you pretend to like someone but just can´t wait to get a chance to kill her as soon as she turns her back. That kind of smile. I didn’t take her hand. Instead I looked at Ravi.  “It’s okay, Hanna! She won’t hurt you!” Everything was wrong now. This wasn’t Ravi. I turned away and ran. The woman’s face turned dark. She said something to Ravi, and then she ran after me. She was wild. Everything that was alike me turned to something else. She looked like a monster. Just as she reached my back I woke up. I took a deep breath to make sure I wasn’t dreaming, again. I screamed when I saw that someone was sleeping next to me. Then I saw who it was and I couldn’t help crying of relive. The relive to see a kind face, so peaceful it was too much after this kind of night. I lay down again next to Baekhyun and cried quietly, so I didn’t wake him up.  He woke up anyway and put his arm around me. I was so thankful for his friendship. He didn’t ask me, he just knew. When I was done crying I looked up on him.

“Where’s everyone else?” I asked.

“They went to school! Do you want some tee?” he said. I nodded. He left and came back after a while with a warm cup. He took a chair and took a seat next to the bed. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked. First I shook my head, but then I nodded.

“Sometime… Yes!” I said. He nodded. “What time is it?” I asked to have something to talk about. He looked concerned first but then he took up his phone to have a look.

“A lot” he said and blinked. “You’ve slept almost the whole day!” I sighed. He smiled. “Do you think you can walk?” he asked. I moved my feet under the duvet and nodded. “Good!” he said and took my cup with tee. “Get dressed, I have something to show you.” When I got out of my room 10 minutes later Baekhyun stood there and waited. He smiled. “Come!” He took my arm and took me with him out. Outside there was a black cab waiting. He told me to sit, so I did. He took the seat next to me.

“The wind helps you to forget!” he said when we had drove for a while. I closed my eyes and tried to get it all out. It actually helped. For a few minutes there was nothing else than the wind that blew refreshingly in my face. It felt like all that had happened during my sleep just flew away, until the memory of Ravis threat hit me. Now, suddenly, I could hear what he had said. I felt ill.