Chapter 18

Vixx lesson: don't fall in love

We walked almost 15 minutes in to the woods. It didn’t seem like he noticed me, he just kept walking. When we got to a glade he stopped. Then he turned around. His eyes looked right at me. He saw me, and I saw his eyes. They were telling me to run, fast. It was something I had never seen before with his eyes… It was fear. He walked towards me now, but it didn’t seem like he did it on purpose… His eyes kept screaming that I should run. Why didn’t he talk? And why did he keep walking towards me? I started to get scared! I had never seen Leo like this. His eyes always looked so kind. He came closer. I couldn’t move. I was so scared. What was wrong with him? This wasn’t Leo. Now he was so close that I could feel his breathe.

“Leo, what are you doing?” I whispered. I couldn’t do anything, I just stood there. He lay closer and whispered in my ear. I froze.  Then I braised myself. Leo stretched for something in his back pocket.  A knife. He held my arm in a hard grip and looked at it for a long time.

“I just have to take a few drops…” he said and was just about to but the blade to my arm when he got some sort of cramp. It was like someone inside wanted to do something else that the body. Then it looked like he recovered and straighten up. He walked towards me again. He smiled a little. It was actually really creepy. It rolled down a few tears on my cheek. Please don’t, Leo! I don’t know what’s wrong with him. This time he did a cut in my arm. It really stings! My arm felt like it’s were burning. Then he used a small bottle to fill with blood. All the time he had a strange look on his face. Like he didn’t want this. Then someone came from behind and hit Leo. He hurried to turn on the stopper and turned around to face Ravi.  He was ready to fight. Wait, what happened? Why did they fight? I ran to Ravi. Are you okay? He asked. I stopped and nodded. Good, don’t look. Then he did some kind of judo-thing and flipped Leo to the ground.

“Stop it, Leo! You know you can fight it!” he screamed and kept punch his face. “Come on, come to your sense!” he said. Ravi sat upon Leo and beating him.  It wasn’t a pretty sight! I couldn’t stop the tears! I think I was in some kind of shock. Why had Leo done that? Ravi kept “pep-talking” with Leo. “Don’t let her control you!” he screamed. Now Leo looked a bit more like him self again. When he looked all recovered he slowly sat up and gave me a sad look. He mumbled something like  “I’m so sorry” and took off. Ravi came to me and shook my shoulders. I didn’t really notice before after a while. He looked worried and asked

“Did he take something” he said and continued to shake me. When I woke up and looked at him, he looked at me strange. I nodded.

“He took some blood.” I whispered and looked down in the ground. Ravi cursed.

“Well… Then there’s nothing to do but wait…” he said and sighed. I was confused.

“Em, Ravi… What will Leo do with my blood? I asked. He looked at me.

“It’s not Leo… Someone else wants it, and now that she has it… I don’t know what that means, but it’s not something good.” He said. Then he started to walk back. I felt a little ashamed about earlier and I wanted to think, so I walked a few steps behind. I saw that Ravis fists were all bloody. What was wrong with Leo? Why did he act like that? A few meters from the house Ravi stopped. Then he turned to me.

“Don’t be scared of Leo. Like I said, that wasn’t him.” He said. I didn’t get this either.

“How could that not be him? I saw him, it was Leo! But still… It didn’t feel like Leo, if you know what I mean.” I said. I was so confused right now. I didn’t expect Ravi to answer.

“You’re right. It was Leo’s body… But sometimes we don’t really… control ourselves.” He said and gave me a strange smile. “Then I’ll go! Try not to get into any trouble on the way to your room.” He said and left. Trouble? Control? If they didn’t control themselves, who did? And why? Even if Ravi hade answered the question, I still didn’t get it. How can someone not control himself? It just didn’t make any sense. I decided to go back to my room. When I walked through the door N came.

“Hanna! Have you been out?” he asked. I nodded. “It’s cold today, would you like something warm to drink? He said and smiled at me. It felt good seeing a nice face, so I nodded again. He showed me to the living room and asked me to wait a second. In the living room there was a lot of pictures and paintings. One of them was of all the members in Vixx. There was another man in the picture to. I thought I had seen him somewhere before… Then N came back with a cup. It smelled good. He smiled at me.

“That is our uncle.” N said. I looked at him.

“Your uncle? You must have liked him a lot.” I said.

“Not really. Everyone was scared of him. He’s not our real uncle.” N said and shuddered.

“Then why do you have a picture of him?” I said and smiled. He didn’t smile back.

“Because he’s our only family.” He answered and looked down in the floor. I didn’t know what to say.

“But, I’ve heard that you have a big family. And a famous. Everyone talks about it.” I said.

“That’s only a cover… Our families are dead, since a long time ago.” He said and looked at me. “Dr. Sheppwall thought us everything we know and took care of us. Like a father.”

“I see… N, how long have you…” I tried, but I didn’t know how to ask. He got it anyway.

“Been like this? I’ve been an angel for 500 years in two months.” He said and looked proud. I almost sat the tee in my through.

“500 YEARS?!” I screamed. He started to laugh and nodded. I still couldn’t melt the shock. 500 years is a long time… A really long time. “Wow… So you’re old!” I said. He looked me like I had insult him.

I guess…” he said.

 “And the others? Are they also 500 years?” I asked. N shook his head.

“No… I was first to turn! But just one year after Leo turned… He had some troubles with the transformation so I helped him. We’ve been best friend ever sense…” he said and smiled.” Then after 20 years Ken turned and we found him. We started to do the missions together and liked each others accompany. Then it took almost 100 years until Hongbin came… He had been a angel for 10 years already then… It was our uncle who found him. First Hongbin didn’t want to help us, then we convicted him! Hyuk came to us 200 years ago. He had heard about us from someone in the counsel. They thought that he needed someone to help him. And actually, I think he liked that. So we’ve been together for 200 years.” N said. He kept smiling at me. Then he looked around. “It’s actually kind of depressing in here, lets go to another room.” N said. When we walked through the house something hit me.

“You never told me about Ravi…” I said. “When did you meet him?” I asked. N looked at me. He had a strange look on his face.

“Ravi is a whole different story… And I don’t think you want to hear it!” he said and left me alone outside of my room.