Taking More Steps

Peter and his Reluctant Wendy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sorry about the late update. Well, it wasn't late for anyone but me. I had planned to have it updated a lot sooner. My computer has a virus so I've had to do everything from my ipad. I never knew it was so hard to update with this! The formatting it hard... I spent like a whole hour fixing this after I put it in the editor :'( Okay, I'll admit that was an overexageration...But it did take far too long. 

 

‘Really?’ Chanyeol’s lips pulled into a pout as his eyebrows furrowed together. He looked like he couldn’t decide whether to cry out in frustration, or hide in a dark corner and make emo mushrooms like Tamaki.

‘I don’t know! What am I supposed to say!’ I felt my cheeks burning, it felt like I could light something on fire from a single touch.

‘I don’t know, maybe not that,’ he his ice cream with a glare, as if by eating it quickly it would solve the awkward moment I created.

‘I guess I got the kiss I asked for,’ I muttered, still saying things that were completely inappropriate for the situation. I could tell it was the wrong thing when he groaned.

‘That’s it? No, I feel the same, Chanyeol! Or, that was nice, or even, I don’t know, I appreciate your courage?’

‘I appreciate your courage?’ I looked away from him and bit into the cone, ignoring the cold that made my teeth ache.

‘I changed my mind, that was not the right thing to say,’ he muttered.

‘You’re supposed to tell me the right thing to say, not the wrong thing.’

‘Why can’t you say something for yourself?’

‘Okay, point one, I did, but you thought it wasn’t the right response. Point two, I don’t know how to react! You can’t just kiss people out of nowhere!’ I waved my hands in the air, ‘they don’t know how to react!’

‘Lots of people do it.’

‘On dramas!’ I finished my cone and rubbed my hands together. ‘I just, I don’t know. What’s that even supposed to mean?’

‘It means I like you,’ he ran his hand through his hair. I looked at him and nibbled on my lip.

‘Does it?’ It obviously meant that but what else was I supposed to say?

‘Yes!’

‘Well, then, I guess.’ I went quiet and chewed on my lip again.

‘You guess what?’ He questioned tiredly. I pressed my lips against his, then turned and walked away as fast as I could. There was silence before I heard thumping footsteps, I yelped when he slung his arm around my shoulder. ‘I guess you should call me oppa,’ he chimed.

‘I don’t know what you’re talking about,’ I flushed and fiddled with my fingers.

‘Say it with me, oppa~,’ he laughed and pressed his cheek against the top of my head.

‘Oppa,’ I whispered with burning cheeks.

‘What?’ I tilted my head so I could look at him, he looked shocked that I actually gave in so easily.

‘Why are you acting like that? I wasn’t calling you that,’ I said with a scoff as I separated myself from him. ‘That’s not something I’ll call you. It’s not like we’re dating.’

‘But,’ he blinked his wide eyes slowly, looking confused. ‘You just admitted to liking me, and I admitted to liking you.’

‘And?’

‘And?’ He repeated looking lost before he scoffed. Chanyeol sighed and gripped my shoulders. Despite his sigh his lips were pulled into an amused smile. ‘Jaehwa, will you please date me?’ I chewed on my lip as I looked at him. If I said yes, I felt my chest constrict, if I said yes then everyone would be right. Just the idea of that was enough to make me want to run away. I had always been that way, I was scared of making people proud or happy, because if I did that, then I had farther to fall when I disappointed them. I was scared to say yes.

‘Don’t do that,’ he shook my shoulders lightly before hugging me. ‘Don’t do that.’

‘Do what?’ I weakly hugged him back, he felt comfortable. He felt safe.

‘You’re just scaring yourself, right? Don’t do that.’

‘Seriously?’ I sighed and stared at him, 'am I that readable.'

'Of course, everyone can read you easily,' Chanyeol laughed and I rolled my eyes.

'I'm sorry, we're over,' I walked away with a smile.

'You liar,' he laughed, instantly acknowledging the fact that I was joking.

'You can't even see my face!'

'I don't need to, you're predictable,' I smiled at him and bit my lip as he entwined our fingers. Somehow I didn't find that insulting, instead it felt like a compliment. It meant that he paid enough attention to me to understand most of what I did.

 

 


'So, what are we going to do,' I ate my rice cake and hummed softly. 'Mrs. Nam is the best at making ddukbokki.' After agreeing to date he had decided to walk me home, like a good boyfriend. So then I made him stop at the ddukbokki stand I went to whenever I was in a good mood, and bought some for us to eat as we walked. My face was still red from when he had bragged to the vendor that we were dating.

'Aren't we going to tell them?' Chanyeol pierced his rice cake and held it out. I stared at it then at him, then ate it with a pleased smile. My family never really did that kind of thing, I always enjoyed feeding others those. With a grin I held the last one out for him, he grinned back before eating it.

'Maybe, I suppose.' I frowned and looked over at him. 'This is weird. I don't know how to act.'

'We hold hands, we kiss when nobody's looking, and we flirt as often as we can.'

'Got it,' I nodded and I subconsciously swung our hands. 'Does that mean this is a date?'

'Or course,' he nodded looking distinctly pleased.

'I think I should say this before it gets out of hand, but, Myungsoo? I don't like him and he doesn't like me, we both agreed a long time ago that we didn't see each other romantically.'

'Really?' Chanyeol frowned suspiciously.

'Yeah, I never realised you thought we were so close,' my voice lowered as I went through my memories, suddenly understanding why he got so stiff whenever I mentioned Myungsoo. 'It makes sense where that hostility came from....'

'I was growling,' he scrunched his face up in what he imagined was a threatening wolf like growl.

'That looks more like simpering,' I smiled and laughed as his expression instantly fell into a pout.

'It does not.'

'It does so! Like a cute puppy that didn't get it's favourite chew toy,' I cooed.

'Alright, what's your growl look like?'

'Gr,' I said blandly with bared teeth.

Chanyeol scoffed, his lips curling into a lopsided grin, 'at least put in some effort.'

'I did, if I didn't then I wouldn't have moved,' I retorted with a smirk.

'I bet you couldn't get it right.' He smirked and pulled his hand closer to him so I bumped shoulders with him as we walked.

'It's a pity that I'm not the type to take bets up.'

'Tch,’ Chanyeol rolled his eyes, ‘do you want to make this a real date?’

‘What are you planning?’ I raised an eyebrow and he smiled looking a bit too innocent.

‘Should we go get spaghetti?’ My lips pressed together as I held in a laugh.

‘Spaghetti?’

‘Lady and the Tramp,’ he grinned and laughed.

‘So, are you the lady?’ I asked with a smile.

‘You want to be the tramp?’ He retorted swinging our hands.

‘Only if you’re the lady,’ I scoffed at my own words before dumping our trash in the garbage. ‘I at cheese.’

‘You do,’ he agreed, not saying a single other word.

‘Harsh,’ I shook my head and was unsurprisingly unaffected. I knew my weaknesses and wasn’t about to lie about them. Plus I found my cheese incapabilities amusing, maybe that wa

Please log in to read the full chapter