Why Kris is the Duizhang

Peter and his Reluctant Wendy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 ‘I have an idea,’ I frowned, playing with my pencil as I ignored Chanyeol’s outburst. We had been in the living room for almost three hours just doing work. I was just waiting for the tipping point, it would only take so long before one of the boys snapped. I was honestly surprised it had lasted this long, I would have thought that Tao or Chen would have started complaining by now. I don't even know how I got dragged into this.

 ‘Not happening,’ I mumbled as I stared at my work.

 ‘Oh come on! Jaehwa~!’ I tilted my head slightly so I could look at Chanyeol who frowned at me. ‘Lay already agreed!’

 ‘It doesn’t matter if Yixing agreed, I have to agree,’ I rolled my eyes, looking back at my work. ‘How the heck is this even productive?’ I sighed and looked around the full room. Somehow all fourteen of us had squished into Lay’s living room, much to his annoyance.

 ‘It’s not,’ Kai snapped as he stared at his book in frustration. ‘I mean really is it too much to ask for everyone to be quiet!’ He exclaimed drawing the attention of the group.

 ‘Like you aren’t making noise,’ Chen snorted before snickering at a clueless Luhan who looked frantically for the pencil Chen had just hidden inside of Lay’s’ pocket.

 ‘Oh dear Lord,’ I muttered as I collapsed back into the couch. I did not even want to see the result of Luhan freaking out, the space was way too confined for him to start tackling anybody. The only people that managed to fit on the couches were Kris, Suho, Baekhyun, Sehun, Tao, and Sooyun. I was seated right in front of Kris, who had taken to randomly tapping his pencil on my head when he got tired, Chanyeol was beside me and in front of Baekhyun. Tao was on the other side of Kris and Kai was sitting in front of him, his shoulders were kept bumping into mine every time either of us moved around. Which was often, neither of us could sit still. Sooyun and Baekhyun were also beside each other (flirting). Chen was below Sooyun, and Luhan was beside him, frequently scowling at Sooyun who kept on giggling when Baekhyun told her a joke. Suho and Sehun were on the other couch, Xiumin was below Suho and kept looking up to talk to him. D.O was underneath Sehun and Lay was practically sprawled across the whole middle of the group. There was absolutely no space for anything really.

 ‘Chen, give Luhan back his pencil,’ Suho spoke softly trying to sort out the conflict, Chen just ignored him. I stretched my neck to look at Kris who had suddenly started rapping his knuckles on my head.

 ‘Ge!’ I scowled at him, he blinked before smiling unapologetically.

 ‘Sorry.’

 ‘If you’re bored start smacking Tao, not me,’ I frowned and lifted my hand, trying to slap him. He only grinned and lightly pushed my head forwards.

 ‘Hey!’ I jumped as Tao started jabbing his foot into my side.

 ‘You’re the one that told Gege to smack me,’ he stuck his tongue out and I reciprocated the action.

 ‘Stop fighting,’ Lay spoke up, his voice however was muffled, his face was practically right in the pillow he had on the ground.

 ‘Chen, give me back my pencil!’ Luhan snapped and I groaned as Luhan practically lunged at Chen. And here comes the chaos.

 ‘What the hell!’ Lay snapped as Chen practically bulldozed into him. Chen just laughed as he scrambled away from Luhan.

 ‘This was such a bad idea,’ Sehun lisped out as Luhan grabbed Chen’s ankle making him fall  right into Xiumin’s lap.

 ‘Buahaha! Sorry gege!’ He grinned before he tried to kick Luhan’s hand off of him.

  Releasing a heavy sigh Xiumin just shook his head, ‘it’s alright.’ He nonchalantly shoved Chen off him before he went back to reading his textbook. I snorted at Xiumin’s reaction, D.O however looked less than pleased, Xiumin had just pushed Chen onto D.O afterall.

‘Yah!’ D.O scowled and smacked Chen with the textbook he was holding, ‘if you’re going to play do it somewhere else! We’re trying to study!’

‘Ow! What kind of a dongsaeng are you!’ Chen rubbed his cheek before panicking as Luhan tackled him right off of D.O. ‘Hyung that hurts!’

‘Then give me back my pencil!’ Luhan demanded, Chen just grinned in response.

‘Only if you find it,’ rolling he managed to get away from Luhan before he ran behind the couch.

‘I so called it, just saying, I knew this would happen.’ I watched unamused as Luhan nearly knocked over a lamp to get at Chen.

‘Don’t you dare break anything!’ Sooyun snapped before giggling when Baekhyun whispered something in her ear. Little miss Homework was distracted by a guy, I think this was the first study session where she had literally done nothing. Looking at Kris I noticed the annoyed look become more pronounced on his face, I rolled away from him, crashing into Lay’s legs just as he stood up.

 ‘Stop fighting!’ He growled out, the whole room froze as he rubbed his temples. ‘I have had it up to here with you guys,’ he raised his hand to his neck before Chen snickered.

 ‘Well we couldn’t have annoyed you very much if it’s just up to here,’ he grinned lifting his hand to match Kris’. His smiled dropped immediately at the glare Kris sent to him.

 ‘Chen give Luhan back his pencil,’ he demanded, Chen rolled his eyes in response.

 ‘Oh come on, I was just joking around.’

 ‘Now,’ he snapped, heaving a sigh Chen looked at Lay who tossed him the pencil.

 ‘Here,’ he mumbled as he practically shoved it into Luhan’s hands.

 ‘Now say sorry,’ Kris crossed his arms as Chen gaped at him.

 ‘What? Why!’ He crossed his arms as well as he frowned back at Kris.

 ‘Jongdae,’ his use of Chen’s real name expressed just how annoyed he was. Chen sighed before facing Luhan.

 ‘I’m sorry for stealing your pencil, hyung.’ Immediately after Kris dropped back into his seat and started working as if nothing had happened.

 ‘And that’s why he’s called Duizhang!’ Tao exclaimed before grinning at the group unperturbed by Kris’ behaviour. Chen pouted as he slowly got back to his place and dropped down onto the ground. Luhan snickered being sticking his tongue out at him.

 ‘Stop provoking him, Luhan,’ Kris snapped without even looking up from his book. Yes, Kris was definitely the leader, if not the father of this rambunctious group of kids. Snorting at my analogy I glanced at my watch, it’s almost twelve. I shot up and practically tripped over Lay as I ran to the stairs. ‘Careful!’ Lay exclaimed, I glanced back at him and smiled apologetically. Not really anything I could do about almost stepping on him when he’s in the centre of a people filled living room.

 ‘Ah, sorry, I’m borrowing your room!’ I froze as I tilted my head slightly. I need a computer, I can’t use my ipod, it’s got bad connection. I ran back over to him before grabbing his laptop, ‘and your computer. I shouldn’t be long, study well!’ I pumped my fist for encouragement before I charged up the stairs into Lay’s room. I didn’t have long before dad would be getting onto skype, and I couldn’t be late. Closing his door behind me I sat down at his desk and frantically logged onto skype. I hadn’t talked to dad in awhile, he had missed our last chat. Not that I could blame him. Korea was practically nine hours faster than Canada. In fact right now it’s around 8 at night there, but it’s only lunch the next day here.

 Biting my lip I opened a chat to him and messaged him, I started tapping my fingers against the table as I stared at the inactive symbol by his name. It’s twelve exactly, he should be on by now. Sighing I opened a facebook tab and logged on. It had been almost a month since I had last messaged dad and I could only hope nothing was wrong. Last I had talked to him he seemed fine, but I just, I had a bad feeling. Shaking my head I focused on checking who was online, I was just being paranoid.

Jacob: Heyyyy!

 I smiled as my brother messaged me. I was usually the one who messages him, not the other way around, he must miss me.

Me: Hey, how are you?

 

Jacob: Good, you?

 

Me: Goood, waiting for dad, haven’t talked to him in a month, is he cool?

 I waited watching as it showed him typing. I frowned as I watched the typing alert go on and off before disappearing completely. Not a good sign, he’s anxious about something. Sighing I shook my head, no I’m just being paranoid as always. I seriously have to stop being so negative I can’t always assume that something is wrong.

Jacob: He’s…...made a friend at work, they hang out a lot

Me: Oh! Well that’s good!

 I bit my lip as my eyebrows furrowed, right?

Jacob: Just a warning, he’s….kind of, his friend is a bad influence. Mum really doesn’t like him.

 I winced as I scratched my head before running my hand through my hair. Mum was great with people and if she didn’t like him….. Breathing out I shook my head, no it’s good that he’s made a friend. It’s not like his buddy could undo five years of change.

Jacob: I would be a little careful, dad’s not too happy right now. He doesn’t like how far you are and…..he wants to be home

Me: I want him to be home too….

 I sat up as I saw a video request light up from dad.

Me: He’s on! I’ll message you after, okay?

 I quickly signed out of facebook and accepted the video request, I winced as I glanced around the room. I could only hope dad wouldn’t realise this was a guys room. ‘Papa!’ I smiled into the camera as my dad’s feed filled the screen. My dad smiled back, he had changed his beard again, now it was rather like a Stalin stache, as much as I hated the comparison he did seem similar to Stalin at times. I shook my head mentally as I watched his eyes go slightly moist signali

Please log in to read the full chapter