Growl

Peter and his Reluctant Wendy
Please log in to read the full chapter

So~ long time no see.... I haven't updated in ages (about three and a half months) sorry about that. Is it any consolation that I updated other fics less than this? So I have a new update, with about 6,000 words, is that a good apology? I hope everyone enjoys it! Things are progressing!

 I brushed my hair out of my face as I finished my latest module on mood gym, what was there to do when I was in this kind of position? I leaned back into my bed and set my laptop down beside me, closing my eyes I felt the sun stream through the window warming my face. My friends didn’t think badly of me the day I had started crying and told them I had depression again, but I didn’t know the rest of the EXO boys, they could act differently.

 Huffing I grabbed my notebook and flipped through some of the pages that Chanyeol and I had worked through. He was really a natural, I scoffed lightly as I looked at some of the exercises he made me do. I didn’t know if he knew I was depressed, if he looked the exercises up himself, or if he created them but he seemed to be a natural. ‘Cognitive behavioural therapy,’ I said the words slowly as I mulled over what my counselor had said over skype. I had to start up again, seeing dad had gotten worse made me worse.

 ‘What to do,’ I breathed out heavily and collapsed into my bed, closing my eyes as the weariness of my week pressed upon me. My phone bleeped signalling a text, I smiled as I recognized the ring tone. I rolled onto my stomach and grabbed my phone, unlocking it to see the text.

From Chanyeol:

Hey!!! Let’s go get bubble tea!

 I grinned and bit my lip as my thumbs tapped against the screen typing a quick text of affirmation.

From Chanyeol:

Grab your coat and let’s go!

 I rolled to the edge of the bed, almost falling off. ‘He can’t already be here,’ I grabbed my dark green mock combat coat and pulled it on before stuffing my headphones into my bag, shoving my phone into my pocket and charging down the stairs.

 ‘Did I offer to take in an elephant or an international student,’ I smiled at my homestay mother apologetically then pulled on my tan hiking boots.  

 ‘Sorry mum, I’ll try and be quiet.’ I grabbed my BAP snapback, tugging it on as I walked out the door.

 ‘Gwiyeoun,’ I immediately felt my stomach warm from hearing his pleasant voice.

 ‘Chanyeol,’ I smiled at him watching as his lips pulled into a lopsided grin. ‘Where are you planning on going?’

 ‘Where are we planning on going? There is a nice cafe on the way to school.’

 ‘Ah,’ I felt the side of my mouth twitch as I tried to contain a nervous smile, ‘okay.’

 ‘I think you would like this cafe, it seems like your kind of place,’ he started walking away from the house, sauntering away confidently like he usually did.

 ‘Fine,’ I sighed in resignation before following after him. I took in his back, his shoulders that seemed perfectly encased in his red coat. The way his hair poked out from under his toque in little curls that seemed to make his ears look even more whimsical and cute than usual.

 ‘Hurry up!’ He looked over his shoulder at me, his brown eyes catching the sun making them appear lighter and more like a golden milk tea then the usual dark brown colour.

 ‘I like milk tea,’ I mused out loud as I caught up with him.

 ‘Where’s that coming from?’ Chanyeol laughed and entwined his fingers in mine.

 ‘Where’s this coming from,’ I shot back as I lifted up our hands.

 ‘I think everyone but you knows where this is coming from.’

 ‘I think you’re being silly, with the amount of people in the world, it’s impossible that every single person in the world knows.’ I immediately regretted my words as I watched his face light up.

 ‘Ahjumma~!’ I went red as he greeted a woman that was walking by us. ‘Why do you think I want to hold hands with her?’ Chanyeol smiled sweetly as he bumped his shoulder against mine.

 The woman rolled her eyes before smiling, caught up in Chanyeol’s sweet personality. ‘Teenagers, always showing off their relationships. Go and show your girlfriend off to someone else,’ she waved dismissively with a small smile as she walked away.

 I choked on my breath as I bumped into him, almost leaning against him. ‘Girlfriend? Relationship?’

 ‘Didn’t you know? I like you,’ the bluntness of his statement sent me blushing.

 ‘You’ve always said that, don’t you think repeating a joke so often makes it lose it’s humour?’ I waved my hand at him as I tried to settle the butterflies that were setting flight in my stomach.

 ‘It would have to be a joke to lose it’s humour,’ he shot back before opening the door of the cafe. I walked in first, looking at the menu immediately. ‘What are you looking for?’

 ‘Chai tea,’ I mumbled, smiling when I caught it on the list. ‘It’s there.’

 ‘I thought you liked milk tea.’ His shoulder bumped mine as he pulled out his wallet, ‘I’ll buy.’

 ‘Alright,’ when he ordered the drinks I slipped my share of money in his pocket. Smiling when he didn’t notice. It was sweet that he bought stuff for me, but it really made me feel guilty.

 

  After we got our bubble teas Chanyeol and I sat down on a bench in a park. I had my legs crossed and stared out at the water in front of us. I could see Chanyeol shaking his leg, looking jittery. ‘What’s up?’ I took a sip of my tea, smiling at the spiced warmth that filled my mouth from the tea. The tea itself wasn’t warm but it never failed to heat up my stomach.

 ‘What do you mean?’ I nibbled on the straw, watching as he smiled lopsidedly, shaking his head, his messy brown hair shaking with him. His hair wasn’t spiked up in his small quiff so his bangs were almost in his eyes and his thick hair was in faint waves.

 ‘You’re acting weird,’ I answered.

 ‘So are you,’ I watched as he played with the wrapping on his straw. ‘You seem sad.’

 ‘Sad?’ I repeated after him. ‘I suppose I am.’

 ‘Why?’

 ‘Life’s hard.’

 ‘Well, let’s forget about that right now. Have you had your first kiss yet?’ I choked on my tea before shaking my head.

 ‘No, you?’

 ‘Yup! It was with Baekhyun,’ he scrunched up his nose his disgust, ‘it was a dare, we split the money.’

 ‘You kissed him,’ I stared at him unsure if I was about to start laughing or facepalm, ‘for money.’

 ‘Yeah,’ Chanyeol shrugged before he grinned at me, ‘trust me, you’re not missing out on much.’

 ‘I didn’t think I was.”

 ‘Who would you want to share your first kiss with?’ He took a sip of his tea.

 ‘You of course,’ I retorted, instantly he turned bright red and started choking. ‘Chanyeol! Are you okay! Honestly! I was kidding!’

 ‘Kidding?’ My lips twitched as I tried not to laugh at how high pitched his voice was.

 ‘Yes, seriously, does kissing me seem so repulsive to you?’ I questioned, obviously amused.

 ‘Yes, no, I mean,’ my eyebrows raised as I watched him stutter. ‘What do you want to hear?’

 ‘The truth? Unless it’s that I’m ugly as a troll, in which then I don’t want to hear it.’

 ‘Well, certainly not as ugly as a troll,’ Chanyeol played with his earlobe.

 ‘It’s alright, just say you’d rather kiss someone like,’ I hummed in thought, ‘Hyuna! Or CL, even Sulli.’

 ‘And if I said I’d rather kiss you?’ Chanyeol leaned closer to me and I flashed him a grin.

 ‘Then I would say that you have been spending too much time watching strange dramas.’ I took a long sip of my tea and chewed on the tapioca bubbles.

 ‘Me? I heard you watch all of the dramas,’ I grinned and shrugged my shoulders, I certainly could not disagree with that, it was after all, true. ‘Are they any good?’

 ‘I have an earphone splitter in my bag,’ I pulled my tablet out and he shrugged his shoulder, mimicking what I did seconds previously, but filled with his own signature smile.

 ‘Alright, let’s do it,’ neither of us mentioned the earphone splitter as I set up the video, instead we touched shoulders as it started playing. Two hours later I had patted his leg what felt like billions of times to point out things I loved, and he had nudged me just as many times with a mischievous smiles. Overall it had been a good day, and was one that helped me feel better than I had in ages.

 

 ‘So,’ I stirred my cereal with my spoon, ‘when’s the competition?’

 ‘Tonight,’ Chen shrugged and I started choking on my cereal.

 ‘Tonight!’ Sooyun gaped and shot me a look of disbelief. I rolled my eyes then jerked my head at Chen, she scoffed and rolled her eyes as well. ‘Well, a little forewarning would have been nice.’

 ‘I can’t believe your boyfriend didn’t tell you,’ I drawled as I finished my cereal.

 ‘Neither can I,’ Sooyun puffed her cheeks out, showing off her adorable pout. ‘Chanyeol didn’t tell you that it was going on either?’

 ‘No, why would he?’ I frowned and picked up my bowl, cleaning up after myself.

 ‘I thought he was officially, unofficially your boyfriend,’ Chen flashed his signature grin and I flushed, stuck between the options of yelling at him or ignoring him, so I chose the moral high road and stuck my tongue out instead.

 ‘So, that’s a yes?’ Sooyun questioned as she followed me into the kitchen, bringing her own dishes.

 ‘That’s a no,’ I walked to the front door and pulled on my sneakers not bothering to untie the laces first.

 ‘Then what were you two doing that night on the roof? Don’t think we didn’t notice,’ Sooyun pointed her finger at me accusingly.

 ‘We were talking,’ I frowned and then looked at her confused, ‘what else would we be doing? You know what, don’t answer that,’ I shook my head and stepped out into the sun, sighing happily at the smell of early morning.

 ‘Morning,’ Kris grinned and walked towards us, followed by Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Suho.

 ‘Good morning,’ Sooyun responded primly, scanning the group before frowning.

 ‘Ooo, boyfriends gonna get a scolding,’ I laughed and bumped shoulder with Kris who grinned as well.

 ‘What did he do?’ Chanyeol frowned, falling in step with us as we walked towards the school.

 ‘Didn’t tell her about tonight,’ I stuffed my hands in my coat pockets and looked over at the two with a smirk. Both of them showed immediate reactions, Kris’ eyebrow twitched before he looked behind him at Chen, whereas Chanyeol’s elf ears went pink and a nervous grin pulled at his lips.

 ‘Tonight?’ Chanyeol echoed as Kris fell behind and jokingly hit Chen’s shoulder.

 ‘Yeah, which by the way, with what I know I know right now. I’m rooting for Infinite,’ I grinned at him, yelping as Xiumin suddenly jammed his fingers in my sides, tickling me.

 ‘Rooting for who?’ He demanded, coming up on my other side.  

 ‘Infinite, infinitely awesome!’ I who

Please log in to read the full chapter