Shipping

Peter and his Reluctant Wendy
Please log in to read the full chapter

‘Alright, here we are,’ I looked at the restaurant in front of us curiously. I had expected it to be some super fancy restaurant but it was instead what looked like a normal looking vietnamese restaurant. Following Chanyeol in I immediately started smiling, I could smell the pho already. ‘He’s following some food blog and the person keeps ranting about this place.’ He explained as he walked straight to a waiter. ‘Hello,’ he smiled as the waiter looked at him curiously.

 

‘Yes?’ The waiter swiped his dark hair out of his dark eyes as he put down the cloth he was using to wipe his table. His cat like eyes scanned us before his lips set into smirk. ‘Is there anything you need?’

‘Yes,’ Chanyeol cleared his throat drawing the waiters. ‘I have twelve friends heading here, can we get a couple of tables pulled together?’

‘Sure,’ the waiter nodded before looking at the tables. ‘You guys can sit in the back, that’s where the most of the tables are.’ He picked up his cloth and finished wiping the table.

‘Alright, thanks,’ I smiled at him and went to go and put some chairs together before he shook his head, gaining my attention.

‘I’ll help you put the tables together, I just need to put my cloth away.’

‘Ah, really?’

‘Yeah,’ he smiled back before he walked away to put his cloth away.

‘Isn’t he nice?’ I mused before looking at Chanyeol.

‘No, he’s just doing what he’s supposed to,’ he responded before he made his way to the back. Well he certainly didn’t look happy, I can’t imagine why….the waiter was really nice.

‘What’s got you so upset?’ I raised an eyebrow at him amused before I scanned the back. If we pushed three of the tables together we would have enough space for all fourteen of us.

‘Nothing,’ Chanyeol mumbled with a frown as the waiter came up again.

‘So, we can just push three tables together, there’s fourteen of you guys, right?’ The waiter asked and I nodded answering him since Chanyeol was just standing there. I was surprised for a second that he had the same idea as me, but there really was no other option.

‘Yeah, I hope we aren’t too rowdy….’ I frowned as I helped him lift one of the tables and place it beside the middle table. Chanyeol was dealing with the last table on his own, not asking for help.

‘Don’t worry about it,’ he shook his head as he helped me move the chairs. ‘I’m Myungsoo by the way.’ He bowed in greeting as we finished moving the chairs.

‘I’m Jaehwa,’ I smiled at him before Chanyeol walked up beside me.

‘And I’m Chanyeol,’ he smiled before he looked at his watch. ‘I’m really thirsty, do you think you could get us some water.’

‘Sure,’ Myungsoo nodded and went to leave before I stopped him.

‘I know I’m picky but, could I please get ice and lemon free water?’ I bit my lip waiting for his response. I sounded like such a brat but I have really sensitive teeth and I just don’t like lemons.

‘Of course,’ he smiled and brushed his hair out of his eyes again before he walked into the kitchen area.

‘And he didn’t even bring us any menus, what kind of a waiter is he?’ Chanyeol questioned before he sat down in one of the chairs.

‘Stop being so picky, he was rushing to help us with the tables.’ I sat down beside him and focused my gaze on the little containers to the side. They held hot sauce, sesame seeds, and many other condiments that could be involved with pho. I looked up as Myungsoo walked up with a stack of menus and our waters.

‘Do you guys know what your friends would want for a drink or should I wait for them?’ He asked as he put down our drinks in front of us then started laying out the menus.

‘It would be best to wait, I think.’ I answered before opening the menu.

‘They will probably be here any second,’ Chanyeol added as he picked up his menu. Myungsoo nodded and I smiled at him before he walked away.

‘Oh, that’s good,’ I mumbled not really listening as I scanned the different types of pho. ‘I think I know what I’m ordering.’

‘What?’ He tilted his head down to look at my menu over my shoulder, trying to see what I wanted.

‘I think I’ll get a small tripe and pork,’ I answered as I stared at the salad rolls. They looked so good, and even came with a peanut sauce. If I had my own money I would buy them too, but I can’t just waste Chanyeol's money like that, after all he had already bought me a frapp and now supper.

‘Tripe? What’s tripe?’ He frowned as he looked at his menu closely. Before I could answer a dozen rowdy people decided to make their entrance. Within moments everyone had claimed their seats and was chattering amongst themselves. Tao had nabbed the other seat beside me, Kris was opposite Chanyeol fixing said guy with a glare. Baekhyun had grabbed the seat beside Chanyeol, Sooyun was beside him, and Luhan had grabbed the seat in front of me and Xiumin was beside him. Suho was on one of the corners, and Lay was at the other corner between Xiumin and Tao. Kai sat beside Suho, and Sehun followed after him. Chen had sat down beside Sehun engaged in what seemed to be a serious conversation with D.O. Needless to say what started as calm conversation quickly escalated to total chaos. Shortly after the group had settled down Myungsoo had made his way back to the tables.

‘Hey! L!’ I watched as Xiumin got up and hugged Myungsoo, or L? Apparently he has a nickname as well… He was probably into music then, the only guys I met that had nicknames were into music. They usually went by their "stage names". ‘How are you?’ Xiumin asked as he grinned at the smirking waiter.

‘I’m good, how’s the new high school treating you?’

‘Good, hey, guys?’ Xiumin gained the groups attention easily by clapping his hands together. ‘This is my friend L, from Kyunggi.’ He introduced tMyungsoo with a smile still holding onto his shoulder.

‘Kyunggi?’ Baekhyun spoke up, ‘our rival school.’ He snorted as he stared at Myungsoo not looking the least bit pleased. ‘How do you know him?’

‘I was from Kyunggi,’ Xiumin rolled his eyes before claiming his seat. ‘No need to get all defensive about it.’

‘Right….’ He scowled before grabbing his menu, ‘whatever.’ I watched confused as Myungsoo took everyone’s orders with a smug smirk. I would have expected he would have been annoyed or even upset by Baekhyun’s hostile response but he seemed to have expected and even enjoyed it.

‘So, what’s going on with him and Baekhyun?’ I asked after Myungsoo had walked away, I was instantly met with eight unpleased looks.

‘What do you mean what’s going on?’ Kai frowned as he leaned back in his seat. ‘He’s L.’

‘Yeah, I think I’m missing something…..’ I bit my lip and I tried to think of any reason for them not liking each other but other than them being teenage boys taking rivals too seriously I found nothing.

‘Meimei, you know how the eight of us are in music and we have done contests for marks?’ Lay was stepping up and about to give what I hoped would be a good explanation.

‘Yup! Your guys’ dances were really good!’ I smiled as I remembered watching Lay and Chen practice in the living room when we would hang out.

‘L is part of the Kyunggi music program, he’s in a seven member Kingka group there called Infinite,’ Lay spoke the words as it they were poison. ‘Every year the two groups, ours and theirs, end up being the finalists for every music competition. Inside or out of the school, last year they beat us during the main event.’

‘This year we have to win!’ Sehun added nodding determined.

‘Wait, Minseok,’ I turned to face Xiumin who was concentrating on his water. ‘You were in the school’s music program too, were you apart of Infinite?’ He cleared his throat as Baekhyun stared him down.

‘Yeah, I was, for awhile at least. I left the group before I decided to change schools.'

‘And now you’re apart of EXO,’ Baekhyun added as if reminding Xiumin where his loyalties lie.

‘Yes, and now I’m apart of EXO,’ Xiumin smiled as he moved his cutlery around to what he deemed was the proper place.

‘We’re definitely going to win this year!’ Sehun exclaimed as he grinned at Kai and Lay.

‘Our dance is the best!’ Lay added in with a proud smile.

‘Gege!’ Tao caught Lay’s attention, already armed with a cute pout as Lay looked his way. ‘Can I please get a chance to do some wushu in the dance?’ Lay sighed and looked at the table in thought, it seemed like something Tao asked a lot.

‘It depends on the song, there can be no martial arts if it’s a sad or heartfelt song.’ Suho answered resolving the issue like the leader he was.

‘I’m going to say yes,’ Chanyeol spoke up with a grin gaining the attention of the group.

‘You’re writing a song?’ Kai raised an eyebrow waiting for Chanyeol’s response. Chanyeol grinned back looking smug, within moments the boys were hollering and cheering. ‘We are so gonna win!’ He exclaimed as he high fived Suho and Sehun. I watched Myungsoo walk to the table and I smiled apologetically at him, he smiled back and shook his head as if saying he didn’t mind the loud volumes of our group.

‘Are you guys read to order?’ Myungsoo interrupted while he handed out everyone’s drinks.The group started ordering, Kai and Baekhyun had taken to giving Myungsoo looks of pity, clearly imagining his groups demise at EXO’s win. ‘What about you Jaehwa?’ I looked at him in surprise not realising it was my turn already.

‘Oh! I’ll get a small spicy tripe and pork pho,’ I smiled at him and he nodded.

‘Alright,’ he smiled back before getting the rest of the orders and leaving.

‘He’s kinda cute,’ Sooyun suddenly spoke up before she started giggling. ‘JaeL!’ I instantly facepalmed as Xiumin cheered in response, while Chen and Lay started banging the table in protest.

‘It’s perfect!’ Xiumin exclaimed as he clenched his fists and pumped them.

‘Jaehwa is not going to fall for the enemy!’ Chen exclaimed as he stood up.

‘Wait, what?’ D.O frowned as he tried to follow the conversation. I moaned and said nothing as Tao started snickering. Despite being in China and Canada the other boys that now comprised EXO-M always joined in on the totally random and unlogical Jaehwa pairing group.

‘The group is always trying to pair our maknae up with someone,’ Tao explained. ‘Right now Sooyun is supporting her and L.’ Within moments of him finishing there was chaos. Baekhyun started frowning at Sooyun looking betrayed, Kai and Sehun was cracking up, and Suho looked exasperated, fed up with the antics of the group.  

‘Well

Please log in to read the full chapter